Multiple Instances of Exalted on one creature

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
Example if i have Aven Squire[c/] and [c] Sublime Archangel in play does the squire get another instance of exalted?

EDIT:  I just read the text on Sublime Archangel. 
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12
Example if i have Aven Squire[c/] and [c] Sublime Archangel in play does the squire get another instance of exalted?

EDIT:  I just read the text on Sublime Archangel. 

Yes. Each triggers seperatly
Yes. The Aven Squire would get +2/+2 instead of +1/+1.
Cool thanks. 
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12

+3/+3 actually, if it attacks alone (2 exalted from the squire, 1 exalted from the angel)
proud member of the 2011 community team

+3/+3 actually, if it attacks alone (2 exalted from the squire, 1 exalted from the angel)

I meant +2/+2 for each instance of exalted when it attacked alone, but yeah.

I meant +2/+2 for each instance of exalted when it attacked alone, but yeah.

you worded that very strangely
it still only gets +1/+1 from each instance of exalted, the squire just happens to have 2 instances
Yeah however you want to say it, the math still works out to be the same. 
Yeah however you want to say it, the math still works out to be the same. 

No; if it were +2/+2 for each instance of Exalted, as you said, it would get +4/+4 from its own instances, and at least +6/+6 overall. Such is not the case. It's clear from other things you've said that what you meant was correct, but what you actually said, taken in isolation, was not.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
How's it different? If you get +1/+1 for each instance of exalted and there is now double the amount of instances of exalted, it's the same as saying that you get +2/+2 for each original instance of exalted. The math works out exactly the same. 
No, it doesn't.  If a creature has two instances of exalted, it gets +1/+1 for each, for a total of +2/+2.  If it got +2/+2 for its original instance of exalted, +2/+2 from Sublime Archangel's original instance of exalted, and only +1/+1 from its bonus exalted, it'd get a total of +5/+5.

Rules Advisor

No, what I'm saying is that if you ignore the fact that there are 2 instances of exalted and just give the creature +2/+2 instead for each original instance of exalted, the math works out to be the same. It's just another way of looking at it. 
but the angel still only has 1 instance
so it doesn't work
Alright, for every other creature excluding the angel it works. +2/+2 for every creature and +1/+1 for the sublime. The math will work out. Cool? 
now add a second Angel
Then it's 3 and 2 instead of 2 and 1. Simple. 
"simple"
Simple. That took much longer than it needed to. 
because you made it more complicated than it needed to be
It's exactly the same. 
It's exactly the same. 

It's not exactly the same, go away please.
Wow, some people just complicate everything. XP

All in all, a creature that attack alone gets +1/+1 foreach instance of exalted among creatures you control.

Now, THAT'S simple (AND accurate).

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

It's exactly the same. 

Not if you also have creatures on the battlefield under your control that have no Exalted of their own; they do get it from the ArchAngel though. Zoidberg's statement is a lot less convoluted than what you're saying.

All in all, a creature that attack alone gets +1/+1 foreach instance of exalted among creatures you control.

*among permanents that player controls.

(sorry, couldn't resist).

[<o>]

*among permanents that player controls.

(sorry, couldn't resist).

True, true. Forgive me that error. :P

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

It's exactly the same. 

It does produce the same result, in this situation.

It is, however, important to realize how the situation really operates, if somene ever felt like playing Stifle, for example.
Then, it certainly would NOT be «the same».  

That explains why other people seem so adamant about making you realize/admit it's not the same.

Wizards of the Coast: outsourced to Elbonia

That explains why other people seem so adamant about making you realize/admit it's not the same.

That, and it took three hard to read posts to explain the broken model, whereas it took one simple sentence to explain it properly.

I'm a big fan of finding a simple way to explain something over creating metaphores. They break down too easily, and they create incorrect understanding of the rules. Kudos to Zoidberg.

(I recommend "the net result is" instead of "all in all", but that's a very minor quibble.)

Sign In to post comments