What Do YOU Want to Talk About?

1215 posts / 0 new
Last post
That's what they want you to think, brah.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

You should always practice safe-browsing. For those times when you just can't help yourself, there's Linux.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
Norton seems to work pretty good, havnt had any problems. I went with the 360 or whatever they call it. Its got a bucha added features to it, like online storage (which I never use). But it is a resource hog though, anythime its doing a background scan or whatever, really slows my **** down, but that just means its working extra hard right?
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Yeah. You keep believing that.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
Norton seems to work pretty good, havnt had any problems. I went with the 360 or whatever they call it. Its got a bucha added features to it, like online storage (which I never use). But it is a resource hog though, anythime its doing a background scan or whatever, really slows my **** down, but that just means its working extra hard right?

Yeah, that's why Norton blows.  ESET is totally transparent.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

So (mostly) put my new computer together.  Still waiting for the OS to come in the mail, but when it does I'll install that.  And once everything seems to be up and running I'll move my video card and biggest harddrive from this machine to it.

Kinda funny thought... I had a fan on the case door, but when I finally had everything all ready to close up I found that the heatsink/fan is too big.  They hit my door fan.  So I had to take that off and move it to another spot in the case. 
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]

Yeah, that's why Norton blows.  ESET is totally transparent.

And that is why ESET blows. MSE is free.

EDIT: Of course the other option is to get Linux which is also free. Can either just have it be your OS or dual boot.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

so is Avast.

I can run Crysis 2 and it at the same time and not lose but 2 FPS, if I'm going with the aggressive scan mode vs the gaming scan mode.

Also ZB did you know most of those........exotic sites are actually fairly clean these days? You get more spyware and malware going to places like Alex Jones website than you do...............exotic ones.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
Ive already paid Norton for a full year, so Im sticking with it for now.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Hooked up my new computer to the TV.  It's weird sitting in front of my couch using a keyboard and mouse to browse the internet on the TV.

But hey, it helps make Star Wars the Old Republic look great. 
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
Also ZB did you know most of those........exotic sites are actually fairly clean these days? You get more spyware and malware going to places like Alex Jones website than you do...............exotic ones.

Yes I have.  What a wonderful world we live in, no?  

Section Six Soldier

Thread is being closed for VCL review.
Huh.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Eh, as long as it's open...

Something interesting that popped up on one of my tumbler accounts:

"Except you can’t show a topless woman on TV - and you can’t defibrillate a woman in a bra. So victims of heart attacks on TV are *always* male. Did you know that a woman having a heart attack is more likely to have back or jaw pain than chest or left arm pain? I didn’t - because I’ve never seen a woman having a heart attack. I’ve been trained in CPR and Advanced First Aid by the Red Cross over 15 times in my life, the videos and booklets always have a guy and say the same thing about clutching his chest and/or bicep. 

And people laugh when I tell them women are still invisible in this world."

[article the tumbler pulled from Sorry, misattribution, relevant article, not sure about original source]
Kinda reminds me of the good ol' days when medical textbooks were all male and would have a footnote "oh yeah, this stuff totally applies to women too".  This led to doctors having trouble with female patients 'cause things weren't quite in the same spot.  Guess in some ways we're still stuck in the 1800s, no?

Edit: attribution
That is some funny funny stuff.
Sign In to post comments