What Do YOU Want to Talk About?

1215 posts / 0 new
Last post
New thread incarnation!

For everyone that has been here for a while you know what this thread series is all about. For those of you that are new to the OTT this thread is a thread for everyone to talk about anything that is on their mind as long as it is of course not a violation of the CoC. Please try and keep volatile discussion out of this thread so as to not get it locked. Other than that feel free to kick back and talk about anything that is on your mind.

Try and be polite, friendly and by all means always remember to enjoy your time here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know at what size threads break on this new forum setup but I figure we can restart this thread every time it nears 3k or when the forum powers ask us to.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

Been working a lot. One of our guys is leaving... he got a job with Chevron, over-seeing gas well pad construction. That lucky bastard, the jobs a cake walk.
Anyway, we are going to be shorthanded soon, which only means my workload will increase.

Anybody with a science degree anywhere near Pittsburgh looking for a job?

If I had my science degree Pittsburgh is one of the last places I'd be seen.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

Yo, I asked to have the other one locked up.  Some hardcore posts in there we don't want gettin' out. 

I really don't know what I wanna talk about, tho.  Nope.  Oh, maybe the Browns.  Their top pick is hurt and in Florida getting a second opinion on a b0rked knee.  The same knee he b0rked in college and had 'fixed'.  Yay.  Oh, and our best player in the secondary (maybe on the whole D) is lookin' at a 4 game suspension for takin' Adderall.  Yeah.  If he does get suspended, that'll make 4 starters on the D that are out.  Two injuries, two suspensions.  The D was decent last year but it ain't lookin' good right now.  The best players are done.  One guy has a torn pec and may be back midway and the other injury is a friggin' torn achilles.  Out fo' season.  And then there's Fujita who is supposed to eat 3 games cuz of the Saints thing.  Man, the Browns just can't catch a break.

EDIT: Oh, and the first game that counts is against the Eagles.  Not like their offense has anything to prove after last year's disaster.  Not like they have an insanely good team or anything.  Should be an easy game for the Browns to handle with their depleted D.  FYI: Fo' the game we play?  Pick the Eagles in week 1.  Not that you wouldn't have anyway, but ...

Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

We should get a LoL OTTer team, League of OTTers?

Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Screw LoL.  Where be mah EW, piggles? 

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Yo, I asked to have the other one locked up.  Some hardcore posts in there we don't want gettin' out. 

I really don't know what I wanna talk about, tho.  Nope.  Oh, maybe the Browns.  Their top pick is hurt and in Florida getting a second opinion on a b0rked knee.  The same knee he b0rked in college and had 'fixed'.  Yay.  Oh, and our best player in the secondary (maybe on the whole D) is lookin' at a 4 game suspension for takin' Adderall.  Yeah.  If he does get suspended, that'll make 4 starters on the D that are out.  Two injuries, two suspensions.  The D was decent last year but it ain't lookin' good right now.  The best players are done.  One guy has a torn pec and may be back midway and the other injury is a friggin' torn achilles.  Out fo' season.  And then there's Fujita who is supposed to eat 3 games cuz of the Saints thing.  Man, the Browns just can't catch a break.

EDIT: Oh, and the first game that counts is against the Eagles.  Not like their offense has anything to prove after last year's disaster.  Not like they have an insanely good team or anything.  Should be an easy game for the Browns to handle with their depleted D.  FYI: Fo' the game we play?  Pick the Eagles in week 1.  Not that you wouldn't have anyway, but ...

Wow, I never realized that it was so tough being a Browns fan. I almost feel sorry for you guys.

I'd be down for it but I'm not sure if there are at least 5 OTTers that play LoL.

Been working a lot. One of our guys is leaving... he got a job with Chevron, over-seeing gas well pad construction. That lucky bastard, the jobs a cake walk.
Anyway, we are going to be shorthanded soon, which only means my workload will increase.

Anybody with a science degree anywhere near Pittsburgh looking for a job?

Sorry, I won't have a science-based degree for four years, and I wouldn't want to live near Pittsburgh anyway.

Screw LoL.  Where be mah EW, piggles? 

This.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
Wow, I never realized that it was so tough being a Browns fan. I almost feel sorry for you guys.

Yeah, it sucks.  At least my NFC team is good, heh.

I'd be down for it but I'm not sure if there are at least 5 OTTers that play LoL.

Jus' got a new puter.  It could play that game an' stuff.  I won't, though.  It looks terrible.  My friends play it but I have no idea why. 

Section Six Soldier

So it's raining like as if it were Monsoon season down here.

Hooray.

Been burnin the candle at both ends again, and I'm sleepy all the time now.

Sucks. 
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
Pleasant low seventies at my house right now.  Drove through LA earlier...110 degrees.  Definitely find some disparities in temperatures here.
Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie

I don't know at what size threads break on this new forum setup

Over 9000!  Seriously, our What Do YOU Think My Character Looks Like? over in CharDev is up to 12,388 right now...
 (Not sure if it's the biggest, but it's most likely the oldest active thread on the forums...)

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Drove through LA earlier...

I'm sorry.

I try to keep my forays into LA at a minimum.  If I have to go past Palmdale I make sure I call first to tell my mom I love her.

Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
Los Angelas

most crooked city in the US.... its very existance is stolen.

If it were to be wiped of the face of the palnet tommorrow by flooding, I would cry over it.     
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
I shouldnt of said anything, haha
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
My sister interned in LA this summer.
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

I don't know at what size threads break on this new forum setup

Over 9000!  Seriously, our What Do YOU Think My Character Looks Like? over in CharDev is up to 12,388 right now...
 (Not sure if it's the biggest, but it's most likely the oldest active thread on the forums...)

Oh wow. I remember when we first switched over we were asked to remake one of these thread iterations cuz they didn't want to test the bounds of these forums. Heck if they are going to let people go that big i can step the number up to 5k or 10k posts.

My sister interned in LA this summer.

You have my condolences about your sister.
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
Drove through LA earlier...

I'm sorry.

I try to keep my forays into LA at a minimum.  If I have to go past Palmdale I make sure I call first to tell my mom I love her.

Yeah. LA mostly sux...and the 405 has to be one of the most horrid freeways in the States.
Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie

Section Six Soldier

Saw it on FB, amazingly enough.  Too awesome to not post it here.  Plus, there's a lot of us here what's drunks.  Makes it relatable. 

Section Six Soldier

So I am feeling exceptionally hateful today.

Anybody wanna bait me into a rage?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Umm ... the Browns are gonna beat the Steelers down this year.  Twice. 

That do the trick? 

Section Six Soldier

That do the trick? 

Nah.
That was actually funny and I belly-laughed...
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine

That do the trick? 

Nah.

I dunno, if the Steelers continue their trend of self destruction by fielding guys that should be in a Rest Home the browns might actually do it.

Okay I can't even type that without laughing my ass off. 
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
The Chargers are gonna beatdown the Steelers this year?
MTG Card

Nah.

Then mission accomplished. 

So what do you think about the Mike Wallace fiasco?  I like how they gave whatshisname the contract Wallace turned down.  Total OTTer move. 

Section Six Soldier

MTG Card

Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
MTG Card

There's a douche-nozzle claiming that Christian values involve kidnapping kids away from their families because their parents are gay.  

Does this mis-appropriation of Christianity do the trick?
I was playing a Jund elf Modern, I got 3 Bloodbraid Elves off in one game. Hit Llanowar Elves each time. #firstworldproblems.
MTG Card

There's a douche-nozzle claiming that Christian values involve kidnapping kids away from their families because their parents are gay.  

Does this mis-appropriation of Christianity do the trick?

It might have.
But I am no longer in a foul mood.

Dammit EE! You need to be quicker!
So I'm at my Dads for the weekend.
My brothers and I played a game of Descent 2nd Edition, and are currently involved in a game of Star Trek Fleet Captains.

wizkidsgames.com/startrek/star-trek-flee...
I hate when people are ****s when playing Magic. I was unaware of how a card worked so I looked up the ruling and he started getting all angry and pissy.
MTG Card

','hspace':null,'vspace':null,'align':null,'bgcolor':null}">

Ever have this problem? Been driving me crazy off-and-on for the last couple weeks.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.

Ever have this problem? Been driving me crazy off-and-on for the last couple weeks.

Yes, ussually when im trying to sleep.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
huh what  who when why how and if, just no buts
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....

Yes. It usually happens when someone says something so ridiculously stupid that I have to fight the overwhelming urge to kill them on the spot.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.

Yes. It usually happens when someone says something so ridiculously stupid that I have to fight the overwhelming urge to kill them on the spot.

like if i was to tell you that i plan on moving to Mexico just so I dont have to pay Obamacare?

Ohno! you got it too!
Sign In to post comments