New Pre-Generated Characters for Council of Spiders

17 posts / 0 new
Last post

I got my season 10 kit and was astonished to see six new Drow pre-gens (well, Belgos plus five new faces). Find all the new Council of Spiders Pre-Generated Characters at Dungeon’s Master.com.

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm

Nice...my store didn't get the campaign yet. Have you taken a look at the encounters/introduction?

Edit: I can see from the blog that you did. And looks like I was right about the all-Drow party.
Wizard's first rule: People are stupid.
Do you know if they put in any way to run the season from a higher starting level?

@dardor
I’ll be providing a full, in-depth preview of season 10 tomorrow on Dungeon’s Master.com. But to answer your questions the PCs are supposed to begin at level 1. The heroes don’t have to be Drow but it will help a great deal. If you're not playing a Drow then you're a slave of the Drow and are limited to one of these six other races - Dwarf, Goblin, Half-Orc, Human, Kobold and Svirfneblin.

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm

Thanks. Guess I'll be checking your blog tomorrow. I'm hoping Menzoberranzan and Council of Spiders show up at my store soon.
I'm hoping Menzoberranzan and Council of Spiders show up at my store soon.

Same here. I know that, as of last night, my store had not received any material for season 10 yet. It sure would be nice to get the materials more than a week in advance.
- Rico
I'm hoping Menzoberranzan and Council of Spiders show up at my store soon.

Same here. I know that, as of last night, my store had not received any material for season 10 yet. It sure would be nice to get the materials more than a week in advance.

Same here, though I might pop down if I'm passing at the weekend

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

Same here, though I might pop down if I'm passing at the weekend

I'll be running a Dungeon Command event at my store this Saturday so I'll see if they have the stuff in then. Fingers crossed.
The next Encounters season was at the shop last night, with the new pregens (as badly built as the last ones!) and the new fortune card and treasure cards. 

I kept myself very hands-off, since I won't be running a table this season. My players were disappointed.
The next Encounters season was at the shop last night, with the new pregens (as badly built as the last ones!) and the new fortune card and treasure cards. 

I kept myself very hands-off, since I won't be running a table this season. My players were disappointed.

Do you know if they have scheduled another SESSION 0 this season?

It's a huge waste for us, we always just run a one-shot in its stead, however, it will actually work out this time because many from our store are going to be at GenCon and will miss the last session of this season.  We were going to run one table for a repeat of the finale who may have missed it and probably run another one-shot on the other tables.

Yes, there's a session 0 which my store has converted into the last session of this season due to missing a week from the Fourth of July.
^We're doing the same.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

awesome preview over at dungeonsmaster.com - after talking to my players, they still want to try running at the higher levels so as soon as I get hold of my pack I've got some serious work to do most of them want to keep their existing pc's, the only "disallowed" ones would be the elves and dragonborn.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

they still want to try running at the higher levels so as soon as I get hold of my pack I've got some serious work to do .

Which is why I won't do it again. I ran this season starting at level 4. It was more hassle than I want to put into an Encounters season. Several of my regular players expressed interest in continuing to play their characters another season. In reality all but one brought new characters to this season. For them it was more about the higher level than the role playing opportunity.

Our attendence has been very low this season. We've had people drop in with new level 1 characters only to have to tell them they need to be level 4. I did have some level 4 pregens available. I think it discouraged some people from coming back.

I've been the DM the past 3 seasons and feel burnt out. One of my regulars is going to take over so I can relax and actually play for once. Smile

@feetz_grande on Twitter

The new season has a Session 0, and personally, not having read more than the introduction, I would recommend it. This season is very much into faction-building and alliances among the drow. This is not a season for heroes standing against the darkness-- it's a season of bad people jockeying to improve their own faction, at the expense of their uneasy allies.
FYI, there is a week with no combat. They are trying thier hand and having the players "Roleplay."
But, what will my dice do for exercise?
Sign In to post comments