help need my first comeptition dual color deck

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
hi i am building my first dual color deck and was needing som tips on my deck. im trying dual color and was wondering if i am duing something wrong with the mana base? and if i have missed something obvious in the deck itself. hopeing for some helpfull tips so i can make it as good as it can be

thanks björn

Artifacts
1x Mask of Avacyn
Creatures
3x Avacyn's Pilgrim
1x Goldnight Redeemer
1x Champion of Lambholt
1x Wolfir Silverheart
1x Captain of the Watch
1x Crusader of Odric
1x Odric, Master Tactician
1x Sublime Archangel
1x Acidic Slime
3x Arbor Elf
1x Elderscale Wurm
1x Thragtusk
Enchantments
1x Cathars' Crusade
4x Oblivion Ring
3x Rancor
Land
2x Woodland Cemetery
4x Evolving Wilds
4x Sunpetal Grove
8x Plains
6x Forest
Planeswalkers
1x Garruk Relentless
1x Ajani, Caller of the Pride
Spells
1x Increasing Devotion
2x Lingering Souls
4x Cloudshift
2x Entreat the Angels
1x Blessings of Nature
You're running 24, so your land count is pretty solid, although adding in Avacyn's Pilgrim and subtracting Evoling Wilds leaves you at 23 sources of mana out of 60 cards in the Main Board (which is 38%, which is fairly decent). As for your mana base, an easy way to determine what lands to use is to count all the mana symbols on your cards (not the Converted Mana Cost which is all), but just the symbols and add or subtract land to account for those numbers. If you're still having mana problems, considering cutting something to add another land and play test it until you find the balance. 

Another problem I have with your deck is it's inconsistancy and your singletons, without the use of a Birthing Pod, and also the high CMC of your cards. You're playing, what I would assume (and this could be my problem) to be, an aggro deck? This is okay, if you're playing causal with your friends. If you plan to take this to FNM, I would consider tunning this deck to be a bit more competitve beforehand. 

hi, firstly i wanna thank you for your reply, all help is greatly apprciated. i made some changes to the deck,  i know what you mean with singletons with my creatures, just dont know what to take out and what to put in more of.
 i want the deck to be able to survive monday night magic,FNM is over my skill right now. my percentage for average mana cost is 2.91, is that high? 

Artifacts
1x swiftfoot boots
Creatures
3x Avacyn's Pilgrim
1x Goldnight Redeemer
1x mikaeus the lunarch
1x Wolfir Silverheart
1x Captain of the Watch
1x Crusader of Odric
1x Odric, Master Tactician
1x Sublime Archangel
3x Acidic Slime