Ranked Matches - Just for Fame and Glory?

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Do we get anything within the ranking system?  Do we get any card unlocks?  Deck unlock keys?  Or is it just simply fame and glory?  Curious.
Its just there for fame and glory.

Even the fame and/or glory are dubious..
It's mainly there for ego stroking and evaluating the performance of abusing certain ingame glitches.
Thats what I figured, thats all.
Hey now, I am working hard to get my 2HG score over 2k. It gets there when I splitscreen but when I start playing with friends I tend to lose more....

Its a prsetigious club.

I'm never going to catch yafred though.
I play ranked because it's easier to get in a match. No other reason.
I play only rank 1vs1 and no other game type!! I feel players go all out in rank matches and try there hardest. You will learn more and advanced faster playing better people.
I play ranked because it's easier to get in a match. No other reason.

Excactly the same for me. I just want to get some games on, and Ranked is the fastest way to start a match.

i ranked up to top 30 on 1v1 on xbox live legit. then i found out you could create a 3/4 player FFA then boot the guy(s) who isnt ur friend and profit... Hardly anybody looks for more than 2 player FFA.

So i just play for fun now as there is no true competitive glory
I don't understand why so many people play ranked, I much prefer being able to rematch the guy that just beat you.
I do it for the chicks, man.
I don't understand why so many people play ranked, I much prefer being able to rematch the guy that just beat you.

I don't understand why people want to play the same person over and over.  Also I find it easier to just beat the person I'm playing, rather than need a rematch to do it.

Only problem I have with ranked play, is that it doesn't degrade the ranks over time if people stop playing, OR have enough information displayed.  Winning %, overall record, etc, would all be welcome additions.  
I do it for the chicks, man.

You kind sir, have just won this thread!  Why else would anyone play ranked if not for the chicks.

There is officially no further need to discuss this topic.

I don't understand why people want to play the same person over and over.  Also I find it easier to just beat the person I'm playing, rather than need a rematch to do it.

Only problem I have with ranked play, is that it doesn't degrade the ranks over time if people stop playing, OR have enough information displayed.  Winning %, overall record, etc, would all be welcome additions.  

How about the whole "best 2 out of 3" concept, like IRL play? With enough draws, any yahoo can get a lucky Goblin draw that is almost unbeatable. But the odds of getting that awesome draw again are almost nil. That's why I laugh every time I play a Goblin deck. I know if he doesn't win in 5 or 6 turns, he will quit. And if he does manage to win, he never gives you a 2nd game. No class at all.

If you win 2 in a row, I have no problem with you dropping. But if you win one game and then drop to try and play someone else, you have no class.

How about the whole "best 2 out of 3" concept, like IRL play? With enough draws, any yahoo can get a lucky Goblin draw that is almost unbeatable. But the odds of getting that awesome draw again are almost nil. That's why I laugh every time I play a Goblin deck. I know if he doesn't win in 5 or 6 turns, he will quit. And if he does manage to win, he never gives you a 2nd game. No class at all.

If you win 2 in a row, I have no problem with you dropping. But if you win one game and then drop to try and play someone else, you have no class.

And heaven forbid someone on the  internet think they have no class.

Because it's a community.  If you treat others like dirt, expect to get treated that way as well.  Didn't you ever learn the golden rule in school, son?

Because it's a community.  If you treat others like dirt, expect to get treated that way as well.  Didn't you ever learn the golden rule in school, son?

Then I'm glad I only play on XBL where ranked is 1 and done.  Beating the same people over and over loses it's luster.

If I wanted to play best of 3, I'd grab a friend or play in one of the tournaments.  
So, YAY XBL for keeping it like I enjoy, son. 
How about the whole "best 2 out of 3" concept, like IRL play? With enough draws, any yahoo can get a lucky Goblin draw that is almost unbeatable. But the odds of getting that awesome draw again are almost nil. That's why I laugh every time I play a Goblin deck. I know if he doesn't win in 5 or 6 turns, he will quit. And if he does manage to win, he never gives you a 2nd game. No class at all. If you win 2 in a row, I have no problem with you dropping. But if you win one game and then drop to try and play someone else, you have no class.

Ever considered that some people might leave after a win for another reason as playing someone else? They might find it more interesting to play other enemies or game modes, have to log off or want to edit their deck. I for example unlocked ~200 cards in 1v1 standard games and left after every win to optimize my deck on-the-fly.
Even the fame and/or glory are dubious..

+1
How about the whole "best 2 out of 3" concept, like IRL play? With enough draws, any yahoo can get a lucky Goblin draw that is almost unbeatable. But the odds of getting that awesome draw again are almost nil. That's why I laugh every time I play a Goblin deck. I know if he doesn't win in 5 or 6 turns, he will quit. And if he does manage to win, he never gives you a 2nd game. No class at all. If you win 2 in a row, I have no problem with you dropping. But if you win one game and then drop to try and play someone else, you have no class.

Ever considered that some people might leave after a win for another reason as playing someone else? They might find it more interesting to play other enemies or game modes, have to log off or want to edit their deck. I for example unlocked ~200 cards in 1v1 standard games and left after every win to optimize my deck on-the-fly.

Yeah. And it doesn't help that if you win the first game, 90% of the time they're coming back with Chandra or Gobs
Goblins I can understand, but why are you so worried about Chandra? I'd be more concerned with Obedient Dead...
Goblins I can understand, but why are you so worried about Chandra? I'd be more concerned with Obedient Dead...

agreed, since everyone uses it a lot but not all the time lol.

I play the Green Decks mostly, win or lose. I'm actually not to worried about Goblins, but Chandra can be tough on them. OD is touch in experienced hands. But many who go for the power decks, can be beaten at least 50-50.

Sure, that can happen on occasion, and I'm fine with it.  But when it happens all the time, mostly from Goblin players, it gets old.  Half the time, when I immediately go back in the FFA room, the system pairs me back up with the same player.  That really cracks me up, since I know they weren't leaving for any other reason.  It's especially funny when they go ahead and play another game like they've completely forgotten who they just played against, and dropped from, already.  I really love those.

Try to be at top 100 in a legit way. Use your favorite deck or even the most despised goblin deck. If it is difficult for you, then you know it's fame and glory to be there