Morphing Question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I have a morphed creature, say an imperial hellkite, face down, and I use skirk alarmist to turn it face up, can I use backslide to turn it face down and not need to sac it?  Does morph make it a "new" creature like flickering does?

Thanks!!
If I have a morphed creature, say an imperial hellkite, face down, and I use skirk alarmist to turn it face up, can I use backslide to turn it face down and not need to sac it?  Does morph make it a "new" creature like flickering does?

Thanks!!

No, it's not a new creature.  You'll still have to sacrifice it.

It's not the same as flickering.  It would still be the same permanant, thus you would have to sacrifice it due to the Alarmist's ability.
You can turn it face down, but you'll still need to sacrifice it. Turning a creature face up or face down doesn't cause it to become a new object, and skirk alarmist will still be able to "find" the creature to make you sacrifice it.
Flicker makes it a new creature because it changes zones (Battlefield to Exile, then Exile to Battlefield).  Morphed creatures remain on the Battlefield throughout the whole morphing process
Sign In to post comments