Any chance of an iPad tourney?

197 posts / 0 new
Last post
The tournament is a go!! Here is out tournament breakdown:

IMAGE(http://images.challonge.com/iPadTourney.png)

Here are the current participants, their GC tags and their deck selections:

NimNams (GC: NimyL): Goblin Gangland, Pack Instinct, Obedient Dead
UnSurreal: Exalted, Born of Flame, Obedient Dead
reptyle (GC: psmoore): Celestial Light, Exalted Darkness, Pack Instinct
Thornbloom (GC: ttswayne): Obedient Dead, Goblin Gangland, Peacekeepers
odoniano (GC: odoniano): Obedient Dead, Ajani, Pack Instinct
Ghoullio (GC: ghoullio): Crosswinds, Obedient Dead, Ancient Wilds
bbzzdd (GC: bbzzdd): Obedient Dead, Crosswinds, Born of Flame
killabkilledb (GC: killabkilledb): Obedient Dead, Goblin Gangland, Exalted Darkness
reptyle's son (GC: psmoore4): Exalted Darkness, Celestial Light, Obiedient Dead
DragonKM (GC: dragonkm88): Celestial Light, Born of Flames, Crosswinds
Murod (GC: Azelius): Exalted Darkness, Peacekeepers,  Crosswinds
mobiuschickenstrips (GC: I Abuse Welfare): Dream Puppets, Celestial Light, Goblin Gangland
NGC 6543 (GC: NGC 6543): Exalted, Obedient Dead, Peacekeepers
Remus Thirty (GC: Remus Thirty): Crosswinds, Peacekeepers, Ancient Wilds
lepeos (GC: lepeos): Crosswinds, Goblin Gangland, Born of Flame
Musicologynut (GC: musicologynut85): Crosswinds, Born of Flame, and Peacekeepers.

And here are our tourney rules (so far):
- Best 2 out of 3.
- Everyone can choose three decks. Players can pick from any of those three decks for their rounds, though they must use the same deck for the entire round.
- Players can modify their decks between rounds.
- At the end, both players report the results and a screengrab (from either player) is shown.

What's needed
What we need now is for everyone to declare the three decks they'd like to use. You can go ahead and post it in this thread, I'll add everyone's selections to this post for reference. Once everyone has weighed in (which will hopefully be soon), I'll create a bracket in Challonge and we can start.

And as a general note, there are a few international users participating, so this tourney will take a bit longer than usual, even in this beginning phase. So please exercise patience and understanding as we get things started.

Can't wait!
Sooo...no one plays on the iPad?
I'm in - we can use challonge.com/ to keep track of the brackets?
I am fairly new, but if the timiworked out out, I would.
Cool! Should we go for sixteen players, like the other tourney?

I'll edit the first post to reflect those who are interested.
I am sure I can get a match in at some point in a day, just wondering how lonyou're you gonna give for each match to be completed?
No idea...I'm kinda playing things by ear so far.

Let's see if we can gather enough people to have a tourney. If it's looking like it'll be a go, we can figure something out that works for everyone.
Count me in, but NB I am on JST for the next while so may be difficult to arrange matches if ppl are on CST.
Cool. I'm sure we can make it work!
I might be interest, but I'm just a newbie and will surely loose on the first round... Anyway, it can be fun.

I live in Spain, btw, so I don't know how easy it will be to arrange a time to play. 

PS: Hi everyone, by the way. This is my first post on this forum
I'm in. Yu can add me on game center, but it's functionality is pretty basic. I'm in Central time, I'm available usually before 3 and alllllllll night. 
I'm in.  
I have this on the ipad. I dont play a lot of 1v1 but I'll fill a spot. I have no idea how to work gamecenter though.
My son would take a spot too.  We have this on two different iPads.
Just created a new account on game center with my screenname here...

killabkilledb
I would be down for this.

Spaghett732 
Awesome! We've six shy of the magic number 16, but if this keeps building like it has, we might be there soon. I'll wait a few more days to see if we can get the rest.
I would be interested. I'm a newbie but I would like to join.

jedijf
Wicked!

I think a lot of us are new, so no worries there.
*cough@KFCMobiusIknowyouplayonipadsometimes*
I might be interest, but I'm just a newbie and will surely loose on the first round... Anyway, it can be fun.

I live in Spain, btw, so I don't know how easy it will be to arrange a time to play. 

VIVA España

VIVA España

LOL

I would like to join your tourney.

VIVA España

LOL

Secundo eso! Viva España xD

Yeah, a tournament sounds like fun, glad it can be done on the iPad. Sign me up please!

Also, we'll have to find a way so that us european users can play against you U.S/Other time zone users >) 
I'm sure we can find a way!
Great idea @NimNams. Do you have an idea of the tourney rules?
Okay, fine, I'm in. Even though I only have one deck fully unlocked since I did a delete + reinstall thing in an effort to fix my Gamecenter problems (which didn't solve anything, sadly).

I Abuse Welfare
Great idea @NimNams. Do you have an idea of the tourney rules?

Nothing's been shored up yet, but I'm guessing it'd be the same as the other tourneys. From what I gather, it'd be something like:

- Best 2 out of 3
- Everyone can choose three decks. Players can pick from any of those three decks for their rounds, though they must use the same deck for the entire round.
- Players can modify their decks between rounds
- At the end, either both players report the results or a screengrab is shown.

There might be a time window for matches to take place in, but since there's so many international players, we might have to be more generous with the time allowed.

And of course, if there's any rules you guys would like to see, the floor is open. This is everyone's tournament.
I'm in. Even though I can't figure out how to edit my name (NGC 6543) in my posts here on the forums, I can still play.

And yes, I changed it in my profile. Still doesn't show up. I have that darn guest1234678 thing, since my account was first created years ago.
I'd be interested, as long as we can be flexible with times!

Remus Thirty
This will take some time. Brackets should be drawn up and each player should be given an amount of time to complete their best 2 of 3 round. Results should be screenshotted. It's not like I don't trust anyone, but the ability to communicate with the larger dotp2013 iPad players is primitive. Maybe we can load up the brackets by time zone? Might make it easier for people to compete. This thing should last at least a week, if not more.

Ayine can add me on game center, I'm ghoullio. I'd love to play with anyone regardless of tournament availability.  
And we're a go!! Sixteen players means all that remains now is everyone's declaration of your three decks. Feel free to post it here, I'll add it to the first post for everyone's reference. I'll get the ball rolling:

NimNams: Goblin Gangland, Pack Instinct, Obedient Dead.

Once we have everyone's deck picks, I'll create the brackets and post the full list of rules. Everyone can then PM their opponents for their GC info (or post it here if they'd like).

This is going to be fun!
Also, I'll open it up to the floor: how much grace time should each player be given to play their match?

Since time zones will be interesting to navigate, I'm thinking maybe we give four days to get a match together, rather than the typical two or three. Does that seem like enough? And if a player can't play by then (or if they've gone missing entirely), their match is forfeitted. Is that fair?

A bracket based on time zones sounds cool, but it might be a logistical nightmare. I'm hoping the extra time given makes up for the difficulty in organising a game. But if anyone sees an easy solution, by all means, please make it known.
Gamecenter ID: I Abuse Welfare

Decks: Dream Puppets, Celestial Light, Goblin Gangland (since sadly, those are the only decks I even have close to fully unlocked since I deleted/reinstalled the game...congratulations to whoever plays me on their 1st round bye)

Time Zone: East Coast United States

Skill Level: Subterranean Tier
GC ID: NGC 6543

Decks: Exalted, Obedient Dead, Peacekeepers

Timezone: Central, US
ASince time zones will be interesting to navigate, I'm thinking maybe we give four days to get a match together, rather than the typical two or three. Does that seem like enough? And if a player can't play by then (or if they've gone missing entirely), their match is forfeitted. Is that fair?

Seems reasonable.

ID: ttswayne

Decks: OD, GG, Peacekeepers

Time zone: JST
I stopped lurking just to sign up and get involved.

GC ID - lepeos

Crosswinds, Goblin Gangland, Born of Flame

I'm in the UK.
Thanks for the interest, lepeos, but I'm afraid this tourney's full. However, if it's a success, there'll probably be a second one, so you should definitely stick around!
Exalted, Born of Flame, Obedient Dead =) let's do this. Next time we should do random decks.
GC ID: odoniano

Decks: Obedient Dead, Ajani, Pack Instinct

Timezone: Spain

GC ID: Remus Thirty

Decks: Crosswinds, Peacekeepers, Ancient Wilds

Timezone: Eastern, USA