Modern SilverBlack Season 2 - Wednesdays - 8:00pm EST- 30tix Prizes - Sponsored by The MTGO Bazaar

80 posts / 0 new
Last post

WHAT: Modern SilverBlack Tournament
WHERE: /join SilverBlack
WHEN: Games start at 8:00pm EST (00:00 UTC). You can pre-reg any time before at Gatherling.com. If you need help pm me or ask someone the day of the event before the event begins. You must be present at 8:00pm EST otherwise you will be dropped from the event. Also, you must have entered your decklist to receive a Round 1 pairing. Failure to enter a decklist will result in a Round 1 loss.

Rules:
Decks must be at least 60 cards with an optional 15 card sideboard. All commons and uncommons from 8th Edition / Mirrodin forward are legal with the exception of those on the ban list.   If your deck contains illegal cards in the first round you will receive a match loss and be allowed to replace the illegal cards with basic lands for the following rounds.  If illegal cards are found to be in your deck in the following rounds you may be dropped or allowed to continue per the host's discretion.

The following cards are banned:
(Bolded cards are not on the normal modern banned list)
- Ancient Den
- Bloodbraid Elf
- Cloudpost
- Dread Return
- Great Furance
- Intangible Virtue 
- Mental Misstep
- Preordain
- Ponder
- Punishing Fire
- Rite of Flame
- Seat of the Synod
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Skullclamp
- Sword of the Meek
- Tree of Tales
- Valut of Whispers
- Wild Nactl

All Timeshifted cards are not legal because no common/uncommon printing exists in a modern legal set except for Dragon Whelp.

Please be sure to check your deck for legal cards and proxies.

Cost and Prizes:

This is a free to enter tournament.

Prizes consist of 15 credits from our sponsor, The MTGO Bazaar, and 15 tix.

Prizes will be paid out to all players with records of 4-0 or 3-1. Amounts determined after round 4.

There will also be two door prizes given out to two random players that play every round but do not make prizes. Door prizes may consist of tickets, credits, or cards decided upon by the host.

You can find The MTGO Bazaar's bots on the classifieds by searching for "MTGO Bazaar" or you can buddy them.
The bots are:
The_MTGO_Bazaar_1
The_MTGO_Bazaar_2
The_MTGO_Bazaar_3
The_MTGO_Bazaar_4

Use www.mtgobazaar.com to visit their website.

Credits will be added within a couple days after the event. Check this thread for notice that they have been added.

Event Details

Event will be four rounds of swiss.

Matches are set to Modern, best 2/3, and should be labeled SilverBlack Round X.
They should also be set to 30 minutes per player per match and watchable.

All matches should take place in the Casual Play > Anything Goes room.

If a player doesn't join and start the match within 10 minutes of the pairing announcement, the player is awarded a match loss. The player failing to join their match will also be dropped from the tournament unless they contact the host stating intentions to continue.

Intentional draws are not allowed.

The deck you start the tournament with is the deck you play the whole tournament with. No editing your deck between rounds.

All drops must be reported in the results room (/join SilverBlackcom)

Season Points

Season points are awarded as follows:
2 Points for participating (requires decklist be posted and at least 1 round played)
3 Points for each match win
1 Point for each match loss

So you can earn a possible 14 points each event or a minimum of 6 points if you play every round.     

There will be a prize or prizes for season point leaders as well as a champs event with invites based on season points. 

Current standings once week one is over.

If you have any questions just ask. Otherwise get your decks ready, grab some friends, and show up!

Event in 2 hours, remember M13 is now legal.

Hi,

The prizes for this week's winners of Modern Silverblack are now available at my bots. Please see my signature for how to locate the bots on classifieds. The following received credits:

2.5 credits each:
wlcrh
garlan
slarlid
pelao28
chups
rakura

With best regards,
Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Owner of The MTGO Bazaar bot chain Search "mtgo bazaar" to find an open bot
Next event tomorrow!

Hi,

The prizes for this week's winners of Modern Silverblack are now available at my bots. Please see my signature for how to locate the bots on classifieds. The following received credits:

2 credits each:
sadisteck
cl3m

1.25 credits each:
slarlid
wlcrh
zoltan
mrjolly
ogrebaron
gargamel56
rakura
tobon

1 credit:
sirmu

With best regards,
Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

What if cards are in two different legality printings, both in Modern sets. I.E. Loxodon Warhammer is uncommon in MRD, but rare in 9th/10th. Does that make it legal for play in Silverblack?

Host of the only 1v1 Commander League on Magic Online! Need some information about my events? Shoot me a PM or find me on the client under the name "3drinks"!

• Eight-Time Commander League Champion
  • Writer at PureMTGO.com
  • Author of THE most definitive Kaalia of the Vast  Primer for 1v1 games Viewable here
  • Official Primer Committee Member at MTGSalvation

IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%201.02)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%201.03)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%201.04)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%201.06)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%201.09)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%201.10)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%202.01)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%202.02)

What if cards are in two different legality printings, both in Modern sets. I.E. Loxodon Warhammer is uncommon in MRD, but rare in 9th/10th. Does that make it legal for play in Silverblack?

As long as it is common or uncommon in a Modern format set, it is legal. Warhammer is legal because it's uncommon in MRD.

As long as it is common or uncommon in a Modern format set, it is legal. Warhammer is legal because it's uncommon in MRD.

Good, good.

Host of the only 1v1 Commander League on Magic Online! Need some information about my events? Shoot me a PM or find me on the client under the name "3drinks"!

• Eight-Time Commander League Champion
  • Writer at PureMTGO.com
  • Author of THE most definitive Kaalia of the Vast  Primer for 1v1 games Viewable here
  • Official Primer Committee Member at MTGSalvation

IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%201.02)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%201.03)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%201.04)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%201.06)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%201.09)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%201.10)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%202.01)IMAGE(http://www.gatherling.com/displayTrophy.php?event=Commander%202.02)

Hi,

The prizes for this week's winners of Modern SilverBlack are now available at my bots. Please see my signature for how to locate the bots on classifieds. The following received credits:

1 credit:
pk23

2 credits:
sadisteck
rakura
lickitung
pelao28
bamboorush
sirpoptart15
charlesovery

With best regards,
Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Big thanks to longtimegone for filling in most of this season so far. I should be making at least the next 5 weeks

Credits for last week went out 1 to 4-0 and 2 to 3-1 (as you can see in the post above). 

Hi,

5 credits:
sirpoptart15

2.5 credits:
pelao28
cleomar
wlcrh
charlesovery

With best regards,
Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Hi.

I am interested in playing this format. I was just wondering how frequently you guys get to play matches and how many players you have?

Thanks 
The event runs every week. 4 rounds of swiss so everyone gets to play 4 matches (excluding byes) each event.

We average around 20 players, usually at least 16 with our high this season being 34.

Next event is tonight!  
Thx, sounds good. Unfortunatly im from England and so won't be able to make the 8:00 time. But i wil keep checking back to see if there are any other ones earlier

Hi,

5 credits:
dwarshadow

2 credits:
charlesovery
mikey k159
cleomar
niabock
bamboorush

With best regards,
Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Next event later today!
Ok, it seems I'm going to be unexpectedly stuck at work and will not make it home in time.

If anyone wants to host just post here and i'll update you as host in gatherling.

If not and anyone sees dabil online, you can ask him if he would like to get it started.
I'll do it if no one else is available.

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

do you have an account at www.gatherling.com?
Hey I'm fairly new to magic but I would like to participate if possible. It's 5:40pm my time but you are posting at 3:30 so I assume your 8:00 oclock is my 10:00 oclock?  I want to make sure I don't miss out on the fun. Also would you mind elaborating on what modern is?   I just got my online card pack a few days ago so I doubt my deck will be competitive but it's free and I think I will learn more in a competitive environment. 

Thanks in advance for the info, hope to see you guys there! 
its almost 7pm here, so the event would start in just over an hour.

I've used it as a player but haven't hosted from there before.

DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.

I've used it as a player but haven't hosted from there before.

Hmm... is dabil online? He can probably help set you up, since I seem to be unable to set you as host.

If Dabil was on I'd just tell him to host in the first place.  :p

stupid question: you are or or not the same person as Amar?

Yes.  Oh I guess I took the "Amar on MTGO" out of my sig.  I used to clarify that.

sadisteck is PMing Dabil via PK, hopefully for a resolution.

your listed as host now. its pretty easy to use gatherling.
yell at everyone until they have a deck posted, press start once they do.
post the pairings that appear on the matches tab thing
yell at people to enter results, it auto-pairs the next round.
repeat.
Dang, you're an hour ahead of me haha, oh well guess I will catch the next one. MAybe I missed it but if I didn't would you mind posting the time GMT or something on the first page from now on so I can judge what time I should be ready and online by?  Thanks and hope you guys have fun, see you in the future!
I'm probably not going to make it home before the end of the event. I will mostly likely get home around 10:50pm.

If people want to stick around for prizes I will hop on and hand them out, otherwise I will either catch people on the weekend or at next weeks event.

Hi,

The prizes for this week's winners of Modern SilverBlack are now available at my bots. Please see my signature for how to locate the bots on classifieds. The following received credits:

2.5 credits:
cl3m
saprolido

1.5 credits:
rpitcher
sirmu
sirpoptart15
L0rd_icon
cleomar
aces_wild143

1 credit:
zerserdar (door prize)

With best regards,
Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Next event tomorrow!

Hi,

1.75 credits:
sadisteck
pelao28
cl3m
lovekawakawaii
battlecaptain
leviatancl
mikey k159
TheWhetherMan1

1 credit:
LarryJ

With best regards,
Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Next event tonight!

Hi,

1.5 credits:
battlecaptain
cleomar
pelao28
gordani
mikey k159
rakura
cl3m
yrdbrd420
marcio costa
niabock

With best regards,
Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Hi,

2.5 credits:
aces_wild143
bamboorush
pelao28
zoltan
gnarlesbury
sadisteck

With best regards,
Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Not this week, but the following week (Oct 17th) will be an alternate event week.
If you have any requests feel free to let me know in game, pm here, or post here. 
Events tonight!
Wednesday, Oct 17th Alternate Format - SilverBlack Rainbow Stairwell

Deck construction rules:

All decks must be exactly 61 cards.

36 Spells:
1 card of each converted mana cost 1 through 6 for each color and artifacts.
So you should have one 1cc red spell, one 2cc red spell... up to one 6cc red spell. Then the same for the rest of the colors and artifacts.

No gold cards, no multi-color hybrid cards, and no split cards. No spells with X in the casting cost.
Extra costs/alternate costs are fine, only the CMC in the upper right matters. So Jilt is a legal 2cc blue card and lingering souls is a legal 3cc white card.
For the few single color hybrid cards, the cmc is the highest amount per symbol. So for flame javelin (2/R)(2/R)(2/R) that would be 2|2|2 for a total cmc of 6. Thus using the red 6cc slot. You cannot use it for your red 3cc slot. 

25 lands: 4 of each basic land + 1 cycle from the following list:
(you must use 1 of each land in the cycle you choose)
Invasion tap lands (coastal tower, urborg volcano, elfhame palace, salt marsh, shivan oasis)
Vivid lands (vivid grove, vivid marsh, vivid meadow, vivid crag, vivid creek)
Tri-lands (savage lands, jungle shrine, arcane sanctum, crumbling necropolils, seaside citadel)
Refuges (kazandu refuge, graypelt refuge, akoum refuge, jwar isle refuge, serjiri refuge)
Snow Duals (arctic flats, frost marsh, boreal shelf, highland weald, tresshorn sinks)
Snow-Covered basics (you are only allowed 1 of each, not 5 of each)
5th set of basic lands

Sideboard:
No sideboards are allowed.

---------------------
Legacy card pool. Anything banned in legacy is banned here.
Commons and uncommons only. If a common or uncommon printing exists online, it is legal.  

Please, any questions at all just ask here or pm me.

Remember to enter your decklists early on gatherling so your not scrambling at the last minute.

Hope to see you there!

Legacy Banned list:

• Demonic Consultation

• Demonic Tutor

• Frantic Search

• Goblin Recruiter

• Gush

• Mental Misstep

• Mystical Tutor

• Rebirth

• Skullclamp

• Sol Ring

• Tinker

• Windfall

Example Decklist
Spells:
Black: Disfigure, Grim Harvest, Murder, Gravedigger, Sengir Vampire, Twisted Abomination
Blue: Brainstorm, Jilt, Compulsive Research, Deep Analysis, Air Elemental, Opportunity
Green: Lay of the Land, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Cultivate, Ondu Giant, Acidic Slime, Baloth Woodcrasher
Red: Lightning Bolt, Magma Jet, Barbed Lightning, Hill Giant, Ingot Chewer, Fireblast
White: Path to Exile, White Knight, Oblivion Ring, Knight of Sursi,  Sensor Splicer
Artifact: Bonesplitter, Fellwar Stone, Darksteel Ingot,  Mightstone, Dross Golem, Razor Golem

Lands:
4x Forest
4x Island
4x Mountain
4x Plains
4x Swamp
1x Vivid Crag
1x Vivid Creek
1x Vivid Grove
1x Vivid Marsh
1x Vivid Meadow

If you post your deck on gatherling before wednesday, I will look it over to see if its legal and leave you a message in game if it is not.

Also, I will be around monday and tuesday night for test games if anyone would like to play. I'll be in the SilverBlack room (Most likely 7pm to midnight est).   

Hi,

2.5 credits:
pk23
BoozeElemental
Malum
aces_wild143
pelao28
realms_uncharted

With best regards,
Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

does flame javelin count as 3 RRR, or total CMC of 6?
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
according to gatherer, its cmc is 6. So it would count for the 6cc slot.
Sign In to post comments