Favorite Burn?

56 posts / 0 new
Last post
Okay, I do actually like burn. And of course when I started I was enamored with lightning bolt, and I had a weird thing for flame wave too, but let's not talk about that. At this point here are my favorite burn spells:

First: Shivan Meteor - Because it is epic.

Second: Lavalanche - Good card. Great name.

Close Third: Ghostfire - Mostly for art and concept, and the flavor text is intigueing as well. Not the best card, but f*ck pro-colored things. They deserve to take 3 damage.

How about y'all?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I love Searing Spear (Takes care of both problems, creatures and players. LOL, it's so multifunctional)
Brimstone Volley is fun, if you can get Morbid to trigger first.
Flames of the Firebrand and/or Arc Trail as well, for all those pesky x/1s.
I like Chandra's Fury, but it's a bit high in mana cost, and won't help in the beginning of the game.
Death Spark is fantastic, but I love Arc Trail and Rift bolt a lot too. Magma Jet, Dead // Gone, Char...
The ever useful Bolt and good old Fireball to spred the love out.

                                                                                                                                                                                        <----- Loser.

You can't beat the classic Lightning Bolt. Other notables include Fireblast, Magma Jet, Rift Bolt and Lava Spike.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
Okay, I do actually like burn. And of course when I started I was enamored with lightning bolt, and I had a weird thing for flame wave too, but let's not talk about that. At this point here are my favorite burn spells:

First: Shivan Meteor - Because it is epic.

Second: Lavalanche - Good card. Great name.

Close Third: Ghostfire - Mostly for art and concept, and the flavor text is intigueing as well. Not the best card, but f*ck pro-colored things. They deserve to take 3 damage.

How about y'all?

Shivian Meteor and Lavalance! My god those are epic! I was going to say Fireball. How Lame am I?
Edit: Galvanic Blast is pretty awesome too. Expecially when you have a good number of Artifacts. 
No Bonfire of the Damned for anyone?

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

No Bonfire of the Damned for anyone?



Any piece of cardboard that costs over 20 dollars just makes me feel so sad - in fact most that cost more than 5 do. It is a good card, and I'd buy 3 if I had preposterous amounts of money, but for now, I'll stick with cards that are flavorful/innovative/named-super-well.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

  1. Fireblast (Four free damage!)

  2. Magma Jet (Scry!)

  3. Arc Trail (Many times a cheap Arc Lightning)

  4. Firebolt (LOVE flashback.)

  5. Steamcore Weird (I love , and this is burn on a sweet blocker.)

  6. Lightning Bolt (The finest no-drawback efficiency around.)

  7. Mogg Fanatic (I like one damage burn spells, and coming on a dude is hella nifty.)

  8. Rift Bolt (Because they generally can't counter two turns of burn at once!)

  9. Flamebreak (Generally I don't need the utility of Earthquake and would just prefer efficiency.)

  10. Gut Shot (I can play it in any deck!)

Edit: Oh crap, I forgot about Magma Jet. That's probably number two even!
I always liked Lightning Helix alongside my Lightning Angel and Firemane Angel. ;)

Woah, it has new art now too! :O 
My Acheivements
56967648 wrote:
banslayeriscute, did you seriously just design a second, equally awesome card instead of just changing your first, incredibly awesome card to be a Human Advisor because he was cooler as a Demon? because if so then you're basically the coolest designer ever, and I don't believe that you actually only joined these boards four months ago.
56265826 wrote:
baneslayeriscute: Sometimes the simple little effects are the best ones. This works, and the only thing that needs to be changes is "in play" to "onto the battlefield." Are you sure you only joined in August? With that, I've come to the fairly conclusive decision that baneslayeriscute made the most interesting card for us to build around. Here it is (with a slight templating fix), so congrats on getting the most important piece of the deck in there!
93126759 wrote:
Ariana, Angel-Mage of Bant Creature - Angel Wizard Flying, Vigilance When Ariana, Angel-Mage of Bant enters the battlefield, search your library for a permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less and put it onto the battlefield. Shuffle your library afterward. 3/4
56265826 wrote:
baneslayeriscute: Solid, elegant, and printable. Seems like a fine card to me. Flame Wheel - Instant Each player discard their hand, then draws three cards. ~ deals damage to each player equal to the number of cards that player drew this turn. Luck favors the prepared. Fire is less choosey. Ranking 1. baneslayeriscute 2. 13th Horseman 3. Buried Child Congrats to baneslayeriscute!
56265826 wrote:
Here's how this is going to work. I'm just going to quote each card that's going into the deck.
93126759 wrote:
Adjudicate - Instant Exile target permanent. "Guilty."
56265826 wrote:
Alright, here are my selections for this round.
93126759 wrote:
Kristina of the Woods - Planeswalker - Kristina [+1]: Untap target creature. It gets +1/+1 until end of turn. [-1]: Destroy target artifact or enchantment. [-6]: Search your library for up to two creature cards, reveal them, and put them into play. Shuffle your library afterwards. [3]
I don't think one person is allowed to have two opinions. But okay.

Rift Bolt

Just an awesome card. 

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Quenchable Fire for its ability to handily point out how bull[Debutantes avert your eyes] the color identity rule in EDH is.

Staggershock for dat art.

Blightning because it's fun to shout "YOU GON' GET BLIGHTNINGED!" when casting a BBE. 

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Rolling Thunder.
Because if you've got the mana, you should be able to wipe them out. All of them.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
I used to love the combo of living lands, disintegrate, and a ton of mana.  Save the mana up and then roast all their lands.  Game over.
Thank you Blitzschnell for the awesome banner!
@RP: Damn, I keep missing some good ones. I love Blightning. I also think Staggershock is pretty sweet, but I don't think it is one of my favorites.

@Bloom:
Rolling Thunder is pretty solid in an Urza or Cloud land deck. 
I'll stick with some not mentioned that I like.

Flamebreak
Good art and flavor, playable wipe.  

Flames of the Blood Hand
Useful niche, cool art. 
My forum good deeds. Fortunately, left unpunished:
Show
"Incidentally, everytime you post in of these (mine or anyone else's) you have really great advice." -Tigerguy786 "Thanks Stop-Whining, your suggestions have been gold." -RedRollinS "You are probably the best person who has explained a certain concept to me so far, thank you VERY much for the information, it helps me out a ton. I can't wait to play this deck and use some cards for a deck of my own. Cheers!" -SpaceLincoln "In short, you good sir, are made of win advice. And I am actually going to be taking pretty much all of it." -jeremyc13
Rift Bolt
Lightning Helix
Blightning
Incinerate

I love 3 damage, but Lightning Bolt feels too cheap, thus out of balance to me. I mean, I still play it, but it doesn't feel right. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Lightning Helix is another sweet one I forgot.

@stop-whining:
I mentioned Flamebreak. 8⏜P 
Not the best card, but f*ck pro-colored things. They deserve to take 3 damage.



This made me lol.  I hate Mirran Crusaders.  Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.  Of course, I also hate Geralf's Messenger being played against me, and since it kills both of them (forever), I'd have to say that my favorite burn in Standard right now is Pillar of Flame.  Perhaps my second is Perilous Myr, if you'll allow that to count.  Heartless Summoning loves him.

To whom it may concern: it's getting really old, being unable to see the top half of anything autocarded in the first post of each thread. Fixplz,kthx.
I can't believe everyone forgot about good ole Banefire "I'm going to kill you, silly blue player"


I do like Lightning Helix too, it is pretty much anti-aggro aggro
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
blah blah metal lyrics
Red Sun's Zenith  is my favorite other than the previously mentioned Lightning Bolt. I like it because it goes back into your library
Blasphemous Act why has this card been forgotten about.
Blasphemous Act why has this card been forgotten about.



What good is a red mage if she can't hit players in the dome?
Fireball, Lava Burst, or any card with an "pay X->deal X damage" since it can be easily abused, like I've done for my newlythrown together red/blue deck, running the Basalt Monolith/Power Artifact infinite colorless mana combo.  Turn 3: 999 googolplexian damage is possible. Sealed
You can't beat the classic Lightning Bolt.



My shield, dog collar, and monocle say otherwise.

Besides the Blast, I also like Fire // Ice, Goblin Grenade, and Inferno Titan with Basilisk Collar on it.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Lightning Helix is another sweet one I forgot.

@stop-whining:
I mentioned Flamebreak. 8⏜P 



All my... I mean... all of Urza's Rage.
My forum good deeds. Fortunately, left unpunished:
Show
"Incidentally, everytime you post in of these (mine or anyone else's) you have really great advice." -Tigerguy786 "Thanks Stop-Whining, your suggestions have been gold." -RedRollinS "You are probably the best person who has explained a certain concept to me so far, thank you VERY much for the information, it helps me out a ton. I can't wait to play this deck and use some cards for a deck of my own. Cheers!" -SpaceLincoln "In short, you good sir, are made of win advice. And I am actually going to be taking pretty much all of it." -jeremyc13
Mind bomb, bee sting, and hornet sting.
Psionic Blast and Hornet Sting and Corrupt just to mess with the color pie
proud member of the 2011 community team
Psionic Blast and Hornet Sting and Corrupt just to mess with the color pie



That's why I give my Tims the Collar. Jaya Ballard, Task Mage can now for , a tap, and a card, give me a triple Congregate and Day of Judgment. White says h4x!
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
141434757 wrote:
Thread is so legit it's unbelievable, lol. Though I'm interested in knowing what gain there is to fish here. No, foreign prince, I will not invest in your grand profitable banking corporation.
Fireblast is by far, hands down my favorite.  It's been my go to kill spell in my Everything Burns deck, especially with Furnace of Rath and my Mogg Maniac.

Shivan Meteor suspended, with a Mogg Maniac also brings up amazing amounts of sheer terror in an unprepared opponent.

Flamebreak is a good one, especially with the Mogg Maniac....

um...

Have I mentioned how much I ****LOVE**** Mogg Maniac recently?

Manaburn


 




You mean Manabarbs?

And I love Stuffy Doll for burn hilarity. Arms Dealer and Blasphemous Act!
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
All the 1 Drop burn spells. Lave spike, rift bolt, shard volley, lightning bolt,
I miss the old days.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
What was that card a remake of?
I miss the old days.
What was that card a remake of?



Char
My forum good deeds. Fortunately, left unpunished:
Show
"Incidentally, everytime you post in of these (mine or anyone else's) you have really great advice." -Tigerguy786 "Thanks Stop-Whining, your suggestions have been gold." -RedRollinS "You are probably the best person who has explained a certain concept to me so far, thank you VERY much for the information, it helps me out a ton. I can't wait to play this deck and use some cards for a deck of my own. Cheers!" -SpaceLincoln "In short, you good sir, are made of win advice. And I am actually going to be taking pretty much all of it." -jeremyc13
What was that card a remake of?



Char


Technically that's backwards. Char was a remake of Psionic Blast.

My favorite burn spell is probably Rolling Thunder because seriously, screw doing Fireball math. Why isn't Rolling Thunder in the core set yet? 
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
Sign In to post comments