what's happening on dominaria?

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
so we know time spiral screwed everything up for a long time. but how long? are things still practically apocalyptic there, or are things back to relative normality? 

all I know is that the dominarians are coming to the other end or the time portals now.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Pain is a sensation. Sensations are to be enjoyed. I am in ecstasy.
This might be better put into the Flavor forum, but that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve an answer.

On the whole we don't know. We do know Urborg is still kicking since it was visited in the set up comics for the Scars of Mirrodin. The rest of the plane is still a mystery, though I'm certain some of the more resourceful members can pull out some cards from the core sets similar to the one you did.
There have been a grand total of 4 flavour text references to Dominaria since Time Spiral; 10th edition Grizzly Bears and Fountain of Youth, M11 Armored Cancrix and M13 Tormod's Crypt.

Armored Cancrix is the only one that makes any mention of the incidents of Time Spiral. Both of the 10th edition cards' flavour texts seem to be refering to a pre-Time Spiral Dominaria and Tormod's Crypt really doesn't shine any light on anything with regards when it's refering to.
Things are very distinctly on the mend.
There was an article published a ways back that went into what kind of recovery Dominaria is going through right now.
It wasn't one of the flavor articles though, but instead was dealing with deckbuilding, but the narrative provided was from the perspective of two newly ascendant planeswalkers.

Dominaria isn't doing great, but it's definitely on the silver lining of things.
Aside from that, Tolaria West, New Benalia, and Llanowar Reborn all point towards things getting better.
Do you think that Time Spiral block is another way of saying "goodbye Dominaria, goodbye old card frames, goodbye old school magic"?
Nah Nah Nah... Nah Nah Nah... SPORTSCENTER... THE PLACE FOR SPORTS
I planeswalked to Dominaria just last month. There was just a sea of white everywhere, and there was a couch with Steven Wright asleep on it. I go, "Dude where is everyone?" and he mutters, "They all at Ravnica." I was like, "What's going on here these days?" He mutters, "You're looking at it." I jumped back and said, "It's a duel then!" and he just laid there and said, "It's a monologue." So I go to planeswalk away and he says, "Hey wait." I say, "Yeah?" He says, "You know why snakes don't wear vests?" I say, "Cause they have no arms?" He says, "Yeah." And that was about it.
I thought dominaria basically turned into a smoldering wastland.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
I thought dominaria basically turned into a smoldering wastland.

Well it has had thousands if not hundreds of years to get straitened out
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
Well it has had thousands if not hundreds of years to get straitened out

You seem to be underestimating how messed up Dominaria actually was, and overestimating how much could get fixed in the time that has passed.

It's not been thousands of years. Best guess is that it's been maybe a century.
Only a century? I could've sworn the Mending happened around 400 years before the events of modern (post-Lorwyn) sets?
From what I remember in all the discussions we've had in the flavor forums, it's been somewhere between about 150 years and something like 500.

Mirrodin's tangled mess of a timeline didn't help. :/

We have yet to hear a precise number from creative.
I know you guys dissused it to death but with the ruff est. Of time we are told that don't sound right Lorwyn was suppose to be something like 300 years after the mending
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
I know you guys dissused it to death but with the ruff est. Of time we are told that don't sound right Lorwyn was suppose to be something like 300 years after the mending

Source?
To be 100% honest I dont rembermber where I read it years ago right when lorwyn came out
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
You guys have the number seriously off.
It's been 60-120 years via the Alaran Timeline.
Alara came before lorwyn.
Alara did not come before lorwyn -- Set wse. I'm not much of a flavor guru, but I do know that
Alara did not come before lorwyn -- Set wse. I'm not much of a flavor guru, but I do know that

Did I say set wise? No. I was refering to time wise, as ajani ven is younger.

Lorwyn happened before Alara.
The walkers in Lorwyn were alien in every essence of the word. They were originally meant to be included in future sight, but their existence in Lorwyn is in no way an indicator of their presence on the plane, nor their inclusion in the story.

This point has been talked to death.

Lorwyn happened before Alara.
The walkers in Lorwyn were alien in every essence of the word. They were originally meant to be included in future sight, but their existence in Lorwyn is in no way an indicator of their presence on the plane, nor their inclusion in the story.

This point has been talked to death.

Weren't they in the books? At least one was.

Weren't they in the books? At least one was.

Nope. None of them had anything to do with the story.

Some people speculated on some female character from the books being Liliana disguised. That wasn't the case.

Also, there was a short story about Jace studying Lorwyn's dream-magic. It's not from any book.

[<o>]
Yes, that's the story I was looking for.
The thing is, that article was framed as a hypothetical instance.
Indeed. There were no Planeswalkers on Lorwyn when we last visited it. The Lorwyn Five just appeared as cards because they weren't ready for Future Sight.
A shame, they could have made for some interesting situations.

Like Garruk getting into a, ahem, 'discussion', with the elves over the "beauty = strength" thing.