A Hairless Thoctar card: Bully

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bully

Sorcery
Rare
Choose target permanent an opponent controls. That permanent's controller may sacrifice it. If they do, choose another permanent that player controls and repeat the process. If they don't, untap and gain control of that permanent. It gains haste.

-Yes, this is a red way to get rid of enchantments. I don't think that's a problem because it does so in such a red way and because it's prohibitively expensive. Compare to white or green being able to do the same thing at 1-2 mana.
-Is this too cheap? This will ultimately be either a Volition Reins or a better-than-Vindicate effect (gets around regeneration and indestructible). In my experience, bully cards are weaker than the default price of either of the two modes because you're almost always going to get the mode you don't want (unless your opponent has no idea what they're doing). On the other hand, this card can repeat the process if the opponent really doesn't want you gaining control of their Blightsteel Colossus or what have you.
-I thought about letting you choose from among any of your opponents with each iteration, but I think the flavor makes more sense if you pick on the same opponent each time.
Can red straight up steal like that without trading something?

Occassionally, on really weird cards, and even then most of them have some sort of temporaryness to them.

Custody Battle
Confusion in the Ranks
Hivis of the Scale
Risky Move

I'm not sure this card is "weird enough", though I'd like to think it is. I suppose if permanence is a bad idea, it can be until end of turn. The core essence of my design here was "mine or gone". Though if it's only until end of turn, I'd probably adjust the cost to 3RR.
It's too expensive. I can't imagine this would get use outside of standard. If that matters to you, you can always find a way to get the cost down to 3.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Despite the temporary effect, this feels more black than red.
The way it is concepted sounds very join me or die; plus how can someone bully an enchantment 8^p?
As lame as it is, red would probably look for a different version of Browbeat.
Infernchantmento --
Enchantment - Aura (R)

Enchant nonland permanent.
You control enchanted permanent.
:0M:: Destroy Infernchantmento, it deals 5 damage to you. Any player may activate this ability.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Red is still the second color of stealing.

Also this is not underpowered, it might be overpowered in a lot of formats... just not legacy of course. 
How to Autocard
card: [c]cardname[/c]-> [c]Vampire Nighthawk[/c] -> Vampire Nighthawk
The way it is concepted sounds very join me or die; plus how can someone bully an enchantment 8^p?

The caster is bullying the opponent.

This.

If I had to make this to keep the permanence of the effect, I would. I don't think making the effect temporary has enough tension to it.

This.

If I had to make this to keep the permanence of the effect, I would. I don't think making the effect temporary has enough tension to it.

I know, I was making a joke. The card name makes it sound like the spell itself is being a bully. Why not Coerce, or intimidate or something?
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Coerce sounds too nice.

Intimidate already has a meaning in Magic.

Take by Force?

Temporarily, most of the time. Only blue, black, and occasionally white get permanent stealing. (Blue flavors this out as mind control, black as corruption or reanimating corpses, and white as brainwashing.)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt