Different versions of axis and allies (I am officialy confused)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello,

I purchased the Axis and Allies 1942 game a couple of months ago. I believe it came out in 2009.

I wanted to buy the Axis and Allies Pacific and Europe 1940 games, but Europe 1940 was sold out before I could get them (I refuse to spend $250 for it on principal!).*

I was wondering what the relationship is between Axis and Allies 1942, A&A 1942 2nd edition, and A&A 1941. When will the latter two games be released?

Is there any chance that Europe and/or Pacific 1940 will be rereleased/updated within the next 12 months?

Will the Anniversary edition be rereleased/updated within the next 12 months?

*75.00 for Pacific 1940 is okay but I only want them together.

Thanks in advance
I was wondering what the relationship is between Axis and Allies 1942, A&A 1942 2nd edition, and A&A 1941.

1942 is the current "base" edition of the game.  1942 2nd Edition is a "new and improved" version of it.  1941 is an "introductory" edition, which is simpler and quicker to play.

When will the latter two games be released?

They were released at the end of last month.

Is there any chance that Europe and/or Pacific 1940 will be rereleased/updated within the next 12 months?

The 2nd editions will be released in September.

Will the Anniversary edition be rereleased/updated within the next 12 months?

As far as I know, there are no plans to do so.
Thanks a million Krieghund!

That clarifies things nicely.

I'll just wait for the 1940 games in September (I like to play the whole war). I'll be sure to get them promptly this time.

Anyone have any photos, links or details about the September re releases?  Price would be nice to know.  Availability?