Bruna, Light of Alibaster

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
http://thedailydungeon.blogspot.com/ My Daily D&D blog - cities, dungeons, NPC's, and more
Flight of Fancy is a rather cute way to draw cards.  The vows can pacify an enemy creature, and Bruna can grab them later.

Auratog and Phantatog combo well with Bruna's ability.  Dreamscape Artist is ramp, which is quite unusual outside of green.  Also can pitch those auras.

Probably worth considering more duals.  Nimbus Maze, Mystic Gate, Calciform Pools, Azorius Chancery, Seachrome CoastMistveil Plains is a nice utility land, as is Prahv, Spires of Order.
Maybe a discard outlet would be good afterhavieing a handfull of aura's
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
Flight of Fancy is a rather cute way to draw cards.  The vows can pacify an enemy creature, and Bruna can grab them later.

Auratog and Phantatog combo well with Bruna's ability.  Dreamscape Artist is ramp, which is quite unusual outside of green.  Also can pitch those auras.

Probably worth considering more duals.  Nimbus Maze, Mystic Gate, Calciform Pools, Azorius Chancery, Seachrome CoastMistveil Plains is a nice utility land, as is Prahv, Spires of Order.

I've put in quite a few more duals, plus Boseiju, Who Shelters All to make sure Bruna and other important pieces hit the board.

Flight of Fancy, Auratog, and Phantatog are in as well, and I'm liking the way it's running. The only thing I worry about with a deck like this is making sure Bruna sticks around.
http://thedailydungeon.blogspot.com/ My Daily D&D blog - cities, dungeons, NPC's, and more
You could try Indestructibility, Diplomatic Immunity(her ability bypasses  shroud), and vanishing are all good ones
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
You could try Indestructibility, Diplomatic Immunity(her ability bypasses  shroud), and vanishing are all good ones

I have Vanishing in already, but I think I'll have to find some room for Diplomatic Immunity given the enchantment protects itself.
You know what might be good is Greater Auramancy I know my ay groupe uses lots of exile artifact and enchantment removal for thouse pesky things that don't stay dead.
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Boseiju, who shelters all doesn't prevent Bruna from being countered.  Only instants and sorceries.  If you want to make her uncounterable, use a Cavern of Souls set to Angel.
I just saw this deck in the decklist compendium, and checking it out see that such a huge commander needs trample. Granted, you've got Eldrazi Conscription, but other options could help too. Akroma's Memorial does wonders for all your creatures, and other basic equipment can help too (provided you get it on to her before she gets shroud...). Otherwise, you'll see a 73/73 Bruna get chumped by some regenerating flying 0/1 token or the like and not be happy with that.

Just a thought for you. I like it otherwise!

EDIT: I also just thought of two cards that could help too: Eldrazi Monument in combination with Commander's Authority. Either is good by itself, but both work very well together!
If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I still believe I'm right. Think of it as religion. dubito ergo sum.
I just saw this deck in the decklist compendium, and checking it out see that such a huge commander needs trample. Granted, you've got Eldrazi Conscription, but other options could help too. Akroma's Memorial does wonders for all your creatures, and other basic equipment can help too (provided you get it on to her before she gets shroud...). Otherwise, you'll see a 73/73 Bruna get chumped by some regenerating flying 0/1 token or the like and not be happy with that.

Just a thought for you. I like it otherwise!

EDIT: I also just thought of two cards that could help too: Eldrazi Monument in combination with Commander's Authority. Either is good by itself, but both work very well together!

The Solution there has been making her unblockable. I have several that simply state unblockable, and between my scarabs and all of the other enchantments that grant some sort of pro-color or even pro-creature, getting the damage in hasn't been a problem yet.

While Trample is an alternate way of doing it, the non-Aura portion of the deck is dedicated to slowing my enemies just enough, and getting through my deck to get the enchantments I need; the most hilarious way thus far being Mirror-Mad Phantasm.
I guess unblockable helps too. I was just thinking of taking out their blockers too, but I guess if they die in one hit it won't matter either way. Good point!

I also do like the Phantasm in there. A friend of mine runs a Bruna deck, but I don't think he thought of that when he made it, so I'll share the tidbit for him. I have yet to build my own Bruna deck, but I like using her anytime I have UW in my color options.
If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I still believe I'm right. Think of it as religion. dubito ergo sum.