upgrading my Goblin deck (B/R)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
greatings

its been a while since i made this deck and i wish to upgrade it to be more competitive so heres the deck:

Creatures:
3x Adder-Staff Boggart
2x Skirk Drill Sergeant
1x Spiderwig Boggart
3x Boggart Harbinger
3x Mudbutton Torchrunner
1x Mad Auntie
1x Boggart Mob
3x Warren Pilferers
1x Goblin Warchief
1x Goblin Chieftain
3x Hornet Harasser
1x Wort, Boggart Auntie
1x Voracious Dragon 

Instant:
4x Tarfire

Sorcery:
4x Boggart Birth Rite
3x Fodder Launch
3x Profane Command

Enchantment:
2x Boggart Shenanigans

Lands:
10x Mountain
10x Swamp

Total: 60 cards

opinions are welcome, fell free to make changes to the deck and im all ears to what you guys have to say

thanks in advance 
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
It's pretty well put together so far, I give you props. I can't imagine a goblin deck with only a single Goblin cheiftan though, I always go with 4 of any lord card I have. You need a little more field control cards too, what you have looks decent but, there are some better cards like Terror,Bonfire of the Damned,whipflare, or Dismember. Good luck
Goblin Matron > Boggart Harbinger. I agree with more lords. Arms Dealer is also under rated for board control. Goblin Grenade. If you continue to go the suicide route I would run Boggart Shenanigans for some extra damage.
briman16 i agree with you i need to put more chieftans to power up my goblins and i though about the cards you just said and i was thinking about Thoughtseize to have a sneak peak of what my oponent have in hand.

tyrolens definetly swithching Boggart Harbinger for Goblin Matron is going to happen i lose alot of turns because of that.

and what you guys advise to replace for the cards youjust spoke of?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Two quick-fire (tarfire?) suggestions i'd run are: Dralnu's Crusade and Quest for the Goblin Lord. The former gives you protection from 'nonblack' spells and the latter gives you a cheap, effective, and potent win condition.

Fling and Goblin Grenade are more than worth mentioning too. 
briman16 i agree with you i need to put more chieftans to power up my goblins and i though about the cards you just said and i was thinking about Thoughtseize to have a sneak peak of what my oponent have in hand.

tyrolens definetly swithching Boggart Harbinger for Goblin Matron is going to happen i lose alot of turns because of that.

and what you guys advise to replace for the cards youjust spoke of?

Thought seize is pretty good but try Distress. I prefer it, simply because they are both sorceries, so you will be playing them on your turn anyway, plus with this deck, it doesn't look like you are too worried about conserving mana for the opponents turn, though it's nice with the right instants. It's up to you. They are both great cards. I just don't like losing 8 life after playing that card 4 times. That is almost half of what I have, and that can really help the opponent.
have u considered a sacrificial burn + recursion goblin deck?  about the only thing i'm seeing missing for that are abilities on creatures that will let you sacrifice on your own (like Arms Dealer or Siege-gang Commander)  it'd work wonders with the Boggart Shenanigans especially with more goblins like the Arsonist.  Goblin Warrens could also give you more fodder for the sacrifices or more goblins to double up on with Krenko.
I use to run a list similar to this

4x Goblin Bushwacker
4x Goblin Guide
4x Goblin Wardriver
2x Warren Instigator
4x Goblin Chieftan
2x Arms Dealer
2x Goblin Matron
1x Akki Underminer
1x Zo-Zu the Punisher
1x Tuktuk the Explorer
2x Siege-Gang Commander
3x Voracious Dragon

4x Goblin Grenade
4x Dragon Fodder
2x Quest for the Goblin Lord

Plus the standard Mountains for the lands to make a deck of 60. Then I had a few Boggart Arsonists and Goblin Ruinblaster in the sideboard. However I would definately edit that list to include the Gob Mob Boss from M13 Krenko, Mob Boss and depending on the route you want to go a few Krenko's Command. Hope this gives you some ideas.