Skirsdag High Priest standard

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is a deck I've been working on for a while, it is centered on getting out skirsdag high priest and using low drop creatures and kills spells to get him into effect turn 3 or 4.

Here is the deck so far.

Creatures:
[C]Skirsdag High Priest[/C] X4
[C]Memnite[/C] X4
[C]Vault Skirge[/C] X4        
[C]Duty-Bound Dead[/C] X3
[C]Bloodline Keeper[/C] X2
[C]Phyrexian Metamorph[/C] X2

Spells:
[C]Go for the Throat[/C] x2
[C]Tragic Slip[/C] X2
[C]Doom Blade[/C] X3
[C]Essence Harvest[/C] X2
[C]Geth's Verdict[/C] X4
[C]Black Sun's Zenith[/C] X1
[C]Grasp of Darkness[/C] x1   

Artifacts
[c]Lashwrithe[/C] X3
[C]Runechanter's Pike[/C] X1

Land
Swamp x22

So far alterations I'm considering making are -2 swamps, +2 [C]Inkmoth Nexus[/C].
Dropping the bloodline keepers for [C]Vampire Nighthawk[/C]
An ditching the runechanter's pike and grasp of darkness for [C]Ring of Xathrid[/C].

I'd probably keep the bloodline keepers and runechanter's pike (along with an extra) in sideboard for certain decks.  I also keep 3 [C]Mutilate[/C] in there.

The decks I've beaten so far are delver and mbi, but I have problems with g/w humans.  I'm looking for suggestions.

Also, the main thing I love about the deck is how cheap it is to make, so please don't suggest any high price cards.
It looks like you rolled a dice on your collection to figure out your creature base. I don't get why those cards were seleceted they do nothing for you.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

It looks like you rolled a dice on your collection to figure out your creature base. I don't get why those cards were seleceted they do nothing for you.

I'm not entirely liking the duty-bound dead, I would love for a suggestion on what 1 drop creature to replace it with.

Gravecrawler doesn't work without other zombies.
Diregraf Ghoul isn't good for the deck because it comes into play tapped.

The only other things are [C]Fume Spitter[/C], [C]Tormented Soul[/C], [C]Hunted Ghoul[/C], and [C]Typhoid Rats[/C].

The memnites allow me to hold creatures until turn 3 so that they are less likely to be removed.

Vault Skirge is a great late game because of lashwrithe and the lack of flying creatures in my meta outside of delver.

The bloodline keepers are hopefully going to be replaced with nighthawks and the deathtouch helps to activate Morbid on turn 3 if they attack, and of course lifelink is nice if I get lashwrithe out or ring ramps up.

And of course Metamorph is metamorph.  It helps get rid of geist and can copy lashwrithe for an extra creature that can then be sacrificed when its reequipped.

EDIT: On second thought, a couple [C]Hex Parasite[/C] could replace the duty bound dead and combat the large amount of planeswalkes in my meta. 
Sign In to post comments