New Player - Standard Deck Innistrad Block Only

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey All,
   I'm new-ish or rather returning, considering I haven't really played since Zendikar I may as well be new.

I'd like to build a standard-legal deck and, since the Scars block will be illegal in 2 months I'm hoping to stick to the Innistrad block and maybe expand as the next block Releases.

I say that I may as well be new because with new game mechanics and no knowledge of what cards are available now all I have is money to buy cards and some basic knowledge of how the game works.

I've been looking around for some deck ideas, I've been looking around and can't find any sort of great resource on this topic. 
Hey All,
   I'm new-ish or rather returning, considering I haven't really played since Zendikar I may as well be new.

I'd like to build a standard-legal deck and, since the Scars block will be illegal in 2 months I'm hoping to stick to the Innistrad block and maybe expand as the next block Releases.

I say that I may as well be new because with new game mechanics and no knowledge of what cards are available now all I have is money to buy cards and some basic knowledge of how the game works.

I've been looking around for some deck ideas, I've been looking around and can't find any sort of great resource on this topic. 

First of all, welcome back

For standard, Delver and Zombies seem to be the decks that will still be (over) played in Standard come rotate in October (4 Zombie decks last FNM...Red Deck never had a chance). There are a lot of articles online from Wizards, Pojo, TCGPlayer, and Star City about which decks will be big. Vampires are another option that I found will have continuity past October. Return to Ravnica should also bring new archtypes to the board as well.

I would say if you want something to get you started, Zombie decks are generally fairly inexpensive and you can get most of them from the Avacyn's Restored Event Deck "Death's Encoarch", which should get you started.  
Hey All,

Ill say the same thing I say to everyone trying to do this. If you don't play with all the sets given to you don't expect to win until October. You are playing at a serious disadvantage. Every other player has 4 more card sets than you and M13 just isn't impressive.
I completely agree with you about being hamstrung by limiting my deck. Considering the cost and frequency at which I'll be playing I'm willing to bite the bullet once or twice.

However, I may actually add some cards from the scars block after Zane's mention of vampires!

I remembered that I had a semi-complete vampire deck with Vampire Nocturnus and Vampire Nighthawk which, it appears have both been reprinted. With the addition of Stromkirk Captain I think I may actually have something viable for pretty cheap.

Any suggestions of additions that could be made (prefferably from but not limited to innistrad) based around these 3 creatures?
Sign In to post comments