Primordial Hydra

14 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi please can someone explain to me how primordial hydra functions when it enters the battlfield, attacks and the subsiquance turns it is used.

When you cast the Hydra, you pay any amount of mana for X. It will enter the battlfeild with that many +1/+1 counters. It can't attack that turn since it just came under your control.

On your next turn's upkeep it's ability will trigger and will double the number of counters on the hydra. So if it had 5, it would now have 10. The next turn it will have 20, then 40, then 80 and so on.

Attacking doesn't really effect the hydra, it will have trample if it has 10 or more +1/+1 counters on it. This is either true or false.
… and then, the squirrels came.
Wow that makes it really over powered
just Terror it
proud member of the 2011 community team
Sometimes I don't understand the additional abilities of a card like Ancient Hellkit?!
Ancient Hellkite is pretty straight forward

you pay to deal damage to target creature the defending player controls
Ancient Hellkite's ability is actually    to deal damage to a target creature defending player controls, no to the defending player. 
Ancient Hellkite is pretty straight forward

you pay to deal damage to the defending player

So it's just one mountain each time to activate it?
no, it is NOT 1 Mountain
it is 1 (red mana)

Ancient Hellkite's ability is actually    to deal damage to a target creature defending player controls, no to the defending player. 

I need more coffee
just Terror it

It would have been funnier if JustTerrorIt had posted that.
Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.
he rarely stumbles in here, but it was in reference to him ;)
no, it is NOT 1 Mountain
it is 1 (red mana)

I need more coffee

Cool thanks so many questions sometimes I'm think I'm overthinking something's that are pretty straight forward. Like Furyborn Hellkite, due to the way a round works I don't see how you gain the +6 counters
Furyborn Hellkite enters the battlefield with 6 +1/+1 counters if an opponent was dealt damage this turn already. This can be combat damage, in which case, casting the Hellkite in your postcombat main phase will achieve that. Or use something like Prodigal Pyromancer to damage an opponent before casting the Hellkite.

The Turn Structure is:

Beginning of Turn
  Untap
  Upkeep
  Draw
Precombat Main Phase
Combat Phase
  Beginning of Combat
  Declare Attackers
  Declare Blockers
  (First Strike Combat Damage)
  Combat Damage