arcbound deck help

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
i need suggestions about structure more.
any advice is appreciated. 
THX and i think auto card is broken because it dosent work for me on this thread. sorry.

Auto card is your friend. Lightning bolt. -->. [ c] lightning bolt [ / c]. --> lightning bolt or replace c with deck and lightning bolt with your decklist.

anyone? i need help!

Auto card is your friend. Lightning bolt. -->. [ c] lightning bolt [ / c]. --> lightning bolt or replace c with deck and lightning bolt with your decklist.

Energy Chamber is a good thing to add. Also look into the proliferate mechanic.

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20795.jpg)

I think your autocarding wrong, if done right it looks like this and there's no "[/c]".
As for suggestions. 1st your using too many lands I'd go 8/12 or 10/12 max. 2nd I'd add Steel Overseer. 3rd up tempered steel to 4 and swap growth spasm with a cheaper version like Rampant Growth or Harrow for the same price. 4th drop the ravagers for Throne of Geth its much better as all your arcbounds get a counter and you can sac one to give its counters to another so your not "really" losing an atifact. 5th I'd swap your titanic & giant growths for permanant boosts maybe more proliferate cards or others that add counters. Last I'd use skeleton shard over the reclaimer and up it to 2 atleast then maybe add some swamps to reduce its cost.

better, but you've still got too many lands those slots could be used for extra cards. I still don't think you need the ravagers I'd drop it for either more tempered steel or spirit mantles. I'd drop the energy chambers for more Steel overseers(it's a much better card). I'd also drop the hybrid and the lancer in favor of more Stingers, flying on turn 2 is WAY better than haste on turn 4 or first strike on turn 7. 2 other cards that would help this deck that you may want to look at are Mycosynth Golem to make everything super cheap(in which case I'd swap some of you plains and forests for 2 or 3 playsets of the artifact lands, or something like Voltaic Key to untap the throne or steel overseer

Ok, now this looks pretty dangerous. The only change to this one i'd make is to drop the arcbound overseer to put the Throne of geth back in and only because A) the overseer costs 8 and unless you luck-out and get the golem in play early he takes forever to get out, and B) the Throne can be used multiple times a turn with the keys out.
Arcbound Ravager is THE most dangerous of the arcbound creatures. He makes combat miserable for the other player, since you can just sac blocked creatures (and if they have modular, ravager gets HUGE) and then sac ravager to itself, and modular its 30 counters onto your ornithopter. Add Disciple of the Vault or Blood Artist (or hell, both), and DARE your opponent to make good blocking decisions:

Show
SPOILER: They cant.

Cards to look for:

Ornithopter
Memnite
Galvanic Blast
Signal Pest
Springleaf Drum
Cranial Plating
Disciple of the Vault/Blood Artist

Or just look up Legacy affinity lists and go from there (there are some expensive cards you can leave out for casual play).

But for the love of god, leave the ravagers in. Heck, get more of them. You should have 4 in there. There's a reason he was banned while he was in standard.
True he's scary for ditching blocked creatures but the throne can do the same thing with a better ability plus its not weak to something like Swat, I do like your other cards better mine also ran Leonin Elder as just a little more F.U.
I'd still rather have ravager. It can attack, and if they target it with removal, you sac it to itself and put its counter on another guy. With a ravager out, all targeted removal does is make you grow your ravager. Eventually, they will never kill it with anything outside doom blade effects.

If someone tries to swat him (or anything else that does damage), you just nom some artifacts and laugh it off, then crash in with your enormous ravager.
ok what do you think of this?

7 x
4 x
4 x
4 x
4 x
2 x
2 x
4 x
4 x
4 x
2 x
2 x
2 x
2 x
2 x
2 x
2 x
1 x
2 x
2 x throne of geth
2 x arcbound ravager

i could not find room for diciple of the vault, or blood artist even though i think  they might be helpful.

I'm kinda new to Magic and I'm working on an arcbound deck. A quick question, what do you mean by " sac the ravager to itself"?
he means use the ravagers abliity to sacrifce itself if its about to die then put the counters on something else, which I don't really understand because you can just let it die then move the counters anyway.
Sacing it to itself causes the spell targeting it to be countered, which can be a good thing if the spell is Swords to plowshares or Lightning Helix, or anything with additional effects that you don't want the player to have. (exile effects means the modular trigger doesn't happen).
so what did you think of the new deck four posts ago?

ok what do you think of this?

i could not find room for disciple of the vault, or blood artist even though i think  they might be helpful.

ok, tryng t fix this up before I start. don't use the 4 x whatever in ther [dec k] brackets. it messes things up. 2, avoid spaces at the beginning and ending of [c ] [/c ]. I'll post a list in a sec.

I can't do a quick check, but I believe thats 60. I have no idea how this would play, but you can probably drop the Unwinding Clocks for something else like Mycosynth Golem.

ok, tryng t fix this up before I start. don't use the 4 x whatever in ther [dec k] brackets. it messes things up. 2, avoid spaces at the beginning and ending of [c ] [/c ]. I'll post a list in a sec.

what do you mean?

To keep your [deck ] list from looking messed up, like a few posts up, don't add the "x" between the number and the card name. The autocard adds it automatically. as for the [c ][/c ] part, I was just noting how you had messed up earlier.

ok, i get it, i was just copying and pasting from one website and i was wondering.

Sign In to post comments