help needed with myr deck

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
please make suggestions, i know i need more fourofs and need to get rid of infect but i havent had time to change it. any advice apreciated.

1 Swamp

1 Mountain

1 Plains

1 Swamp

1 Island

1 Mountain

1 Swamp

1 Island

1 Swamp

1 Swamp

1 Mountain

1 Mountain

1 Mountain

1 Forest

1 Plains

1 Forest

1 Island

1 Island

1 Swamp

1 Mountain

1 Forest

1 Forest

2 Myr Superion

1 Gold Myr

1 Ichorclaw Myr

1 Copper Myr

1 Perilous Myr

1 Plague Myr

1 Hovermyr

1 Silver Myr

1 Leaden Myr

1 Myr Sire

1 Iron Myr

2 Myr Welder

2 Shimmer Myr

4 Myr Galvanizer

2 Alloy Myr

3 Palladium Myr

2 Myr Propagator

1 Darksteel Myr

2 Myr Battlesphere

1 Mox Opal

2 Myr Reservoir

2 Semblance Anvil

1 Unwinding Clock

2 Myr Turbine

Auto card is your friend. Lightning bolt. -->. [ c] lightning bolt [ / c]. --> lightning bolt or replace c with deck and lightning bolt with your decklist.

First off autocard is a must example [c.] card name [/c.] but without the (.). Next please don't list every single card, pair the doubles like 10 island. What is the wincon for this deck.

please make suggestions, i know i need more fourofs and need to get rid of infect but i havent had time to change it. any advice apreciated.

Auto card is your friend. Lightning bolt. -->. [ c] lightning bolt [ / c]. --> lightning bolt or replace c with deck and lightning bolt with your decklist.

Much better. Now, you need to not have so many 1-ofs. Mana myr are amazing, but you don't use them for anything here. I would suggest picking a single color like white or blue and building from there (white has Tempered Steel and blue is incredibly artifact friendly).

4 Myr Galvanizer is a very good start, but you should try and decide what you want to run along side it. Myr Superion is good, but ultimately will probably not see play due to its mana requirements. If you want to go back some, Myr Enforcer or <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=205291" rel="nofollow">Lodestone Myr</a> are both good options, though for Loadstone, I'd look into mgr token producing spells to help you build your forces quickly. Myr Battlesphere is pretty much your win condition if you can get enough mgr to power it, so +2 for that would be really good. On that note, +2 Myr Reservoir and +2 Myr Turbine could help you a lot. 

There's so much I would remove it would be a waste to even list them off. Instead, try to find a good unifying strategy, probably a ton of cheap 1/2 drop myr/tokens and use Myr Battlesphere as your win con.

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20795.jpg)

I narrowed it down a little but i am 6 cards over. what do you think now?

4 x
4 x
2 x
4 x
4 x
4 x
4 x
4 x
4 x
2 x
4 x
2 x
4 x

???

Ok! Like the focus, took it a bit further with this, though (forgot about Shrine of Loyal Legions):

edit: Fixed some of the lands up and made Origin Spellbomb a 4-of. By the time you're swinging with Myr Battlesphere you can do at least ~8 or 10 just by the tapping. It won't be doing anything notworthy early on, but wait till around turn 7 and you'll be set up. A possibility is add some life gain to help, but you'll need to play a few games before determining that.

i asked my friend what he thought about it and he said this:

"It looks good, though I don't think buried ruin is worth it.  Also, you might want a more consistent removal."

any explanation or more advice that involves removal? i think he means things like doom blade.

and are you sure you dont want sembalance anvil or what ever in it? 

Buried Ruin was actually an after thought in this case (its been so long since I've had just a standard land base).

For consistant removal, he's talking about Dispatch and that its really the only removal spell. I added it for its metalcraft, but also to power Shrine of Loyal Legions. You don't want Doom Blade because it messes with your white synergy.

Semblence Anvil honestly is a good card... I think this list will work better:

Upon further inspection, tempered steel isn't doing THAT much more for you. You're win-con isn't swinging, its tapping with the battlesphere, and then using Myr Galvanizer to untap and tap again.  The anvil can speed up the process, which, I will say, is what you want rather than an army of 3/3 or 4/4 tap bait, though I would sideboard 4 Tempered Steel incase they have removal (which is very likely). I'm not 100% on how this will work, but I feel like it would give you a good amount of success until your friends start to see what you're up to.

edit: 2 myr galvanizers, 1 Gold Myr and 1 Myr Battlesphere should give you an infinite damage combo. tap all of the tokens, plus a galvanizer, then use the Gold Myr plus the other galvanizer to untap all of your tokens and repeat, always leaving the one galvanizer to untap the rest. It should work, though I'm not sure if the untap mechanic works at instant speed (it should).

yeah, plus if i have two or more gold myrs out and two or more galvanizers, i get intinite mana.

can you possibly make me a sideboard?

thanks for all the help. 

no problem. I'm not great at sideboards, but I'll try to get you a good list:

That should cover it. Norn's Annex is if they run aggro. Apostle's Blessing is if they try to run removal on your Myr Battlesphere. Tempered Steel for obvious reasons, and finally Elspeth Tirel for her +1 and - 5 (and -2 for emergency soldiers if you need them).