new part of the power nine

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
if you could add one more card and swap it out of the power nine, what would it be?

Auto card is your friend. Lightning bolt. -->. [ c] lightning bolt [ / c]. --> lightning bolt or replace c with deck and lightning bolt with your decklist.

Storm Crow

inb4 Vektor. 
My forum good deeds. Fortunately, left unpunished:
Show
"Incidentally, everytime you post in of these (mine or anyone else's) you have really great advice." -Tigerguy786 "Thanks Stop-Whining, your suggestions have been gold." -RedRollinS "You are probably the best person who has explained a certain concept to me so far, thank you VERY much for the information, it helps me out a ton. I can't wait to play this deck and use some cards for a deck of my own. Cheers!" -SpaceLincoln "In short, you good sir, are made of win advice. And I am actually going to be taking pretty much all of it." -jeremyc13
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
time vault is basically the only other card in the game that fulfils all the actual requirements of being in the power 9
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

incase you are wondering, no unhinged or unglued cards allowed.

Auto card is your friend. Lightning bolt. -->. [ c] lightning bolt [ / c]. --> lightning bolt or replace c with deck and lightning bolt with your decklist.

what would you swap out your card for ( in the power nine already)

timetwister
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Time Vault and Sol Ring are perfectly legit to be P9. Both are stronger than Twister, after all.
Level 2 Magic Judge Lite a man a fire, warm him for a day. Light a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, Time Vault

Replacing Timetwister to make the power 11.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

time vault is basically the only other card in the game that fulfils all the actual requirements of being in the power 9

Wasn't Library of Alexandria the actual 10th power 9?
It's not clear to me that "Power Nine" is even a meaningful label.

The Power Nine are rare cards that were printed in A/B/U but then dropped in Revised, never getting printed again.  However, there are several other cards that also meet these criteria, including Chaos Orb, Natural Selection, and Raging River.  What sets the Power Nine apart from the other cards is supposedly the power level, but they aren't the nine most powerful cards in the game, or anything like that.  Sol Ring is quite comparable to the Moxen, but it was reprinted, so that disqualifies it.
Ignoring when they were printed, I'd put in Skullclamp and Balance.
It's not clear to me that "Power Nine" is even a meaningful label.

The Power Nine are rare cards that were printed in A/B/U but then dropped in Revised, never getting printed again.  However, there are several other cards that also meet these criteria, including Chaos Orb, Natural Selection, and Raging River.  What sets the Power Nine apart from the other cards is supposedly the power level, but they aren't the nine most powerful cards in the game, or anything like that.  Sol Ring is quite comparable to the Moxen, but it was reprinted, so that disqualifies it.

The disqualification is important. That's why Yawgmoth's Will, Skullclamp, Balance, and Channel, all broken as hell, don't make the list.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Mishra's Workshop

This. 

I think Timetwister has started to fade in power lately. I think Time Vault is a pretty close second. Another good one no one mentioned is Bazaar of Baghdad

But I remember hearing when I started that if there was a power 10 Library of Alexandria was the 10th card.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!

Wasn't Library of Alexandria the actual 10th power 9?

This. Library of Victory is fairly universally acknowledged as #10 (and I believe is not included in such discussions solely on the basis that it's never been in a core set like the Power 9).
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Sign In to post comments