Taking this character to GenCon - would it be considered low-mid CharOp?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

MBR: +18 vs AC, 1d8+15

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Sursur, level 12
Eladrin, Rogue (Thief), Shadow Dancer
Wintertouched (+2 to Stealth)
Theme: Iliyanbruen Guardian

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 9, CON 14, DEX 22, INT 13, WIS 18, CHA 11

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 13, DEX 17, INT 10, WIS 15, CHA 10

AC: 27 Fort: 23 Ref: 29 Will: 26
HP: 81 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 20

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +17, Athletics +10, Bluff +15, Dungeoneering +15, Nature +17, Perception +15, Stealth +21, Thievery +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +9, Diplomacy +10, Endurance +8, Heal +10, History +11, Insight +10, Intimidate +6, Religion +7, Streetwise +6

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Eladrin Racial Power: Fey Step
Rogue Utility: Backstab
Rogue Utility: Escape Artist's Trick
Rogue Utility: Acrobat's Trick
Rogue Utility: Tactical Trick
Rogue Utility: Cunning Escape
Rogue Utility: Unbalancing Trick
Rogue Utility 2: Hop up
Acrobatics Utility 6: Timely Dodge
Rogue Utility 10: Acrobat's Escape
Shadow Dancer Attack 11: Shadowy Tendrils
Shadow Dancer Utility 12: Shadow Stalk

FEATS
Level 1: Improved Defenses
Level 2: Sneaky Staff
Level 4: Staff Expertise
Level 6: Backbreaking Staff
Level 8: Backstabber
Level 10: Mark of Passage
Level 11: Roundabout Charge
Level 12: Moon Elf Resilience

ITEMS
Staff of the Traveler +2 x1
Bracers of Mighty Striking (paragon tier) x1
Skald's Leather Armor +3 x1
Amulet of Protection +3 x1
Boots of Elvenkind (heroic tier) x1
====== End ======

Considering you took a whole slew of feats that actively hurt you... I think you'll be fine.
Yeah, roundabout charge is utterly useless for a character with at-will teleporting.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
Don't know what games you'll be playing in, but Mark of Passage is not LFR legal, just as an FYI...
Oh that's good to know about the mark, thank you.

As for RC I thought it could be useful when I have to teleport away from a target and then close on another, since I don't have any OA avoidance.   

In thinking about it now I can see thats too unusual a circumstance to have a dedicated feat.  I guess I was struck by the cinematics rather than the practicality.  

And with no mark of passage I guess I'll re-jigger my stats and pick up MC warlock and arcane familiar for the wisp instead.  

Too bad...the idea of playing a straight class really appealed. Rats.  

Or I suppose I could adjust the stats so I could get chain training for Eladrin Chain.  Seems a waste since the AC is the same, but it would be the same net feat cost with no need to MC.
There's really no such thing as a usefully Optimized character that doesn't MC at some point

I don't know how it slipped my mind that this would have to be a LFR character. You can't create a level 12 character legally in LFR rules, the only levels you can create at above 1 are 5, 8, and 11.

And Staff of the Traveller really don't work well with most of the Tricks, only the ones that specify "shift" - Unbalancing and Escape Artists; you really ought to have Thug's Trick.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
For an Eladrin Thief, you'd be better off with a Rapier and Fey Charge, without a doubt.  Staff is just not good for a Thief.

And yeah, LFR chargen rules issues.

Also, if you want Eladrin Anything, get Ringmail - then you're not stuck with the single worst armour in the game, on a character with plenty of Dex...
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.