Artifact Commanders?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is it possible to have an artifact commander? I know you have to have the mana colors of the planeswalker in the deck, but would that mean I could have all 5 colors in the deck? Or does it mean that as long as a creature has colorless mana in their summon cost that I could include it?
Is it possible to have an artifact commander? I know you have to have the mana colors of the planeswalker in the deck, but would that mean I could have all 5 colors in the deck? Or does it mean that as long as a creature has colorless mana in their summon cost that I could include it?

Yes you can have an Artifact commander.   You are still limited to the color identity.  If your commander is 5 colors, you can have all five colors, if not then not.

For example, with Bosh, Iron Golem you are limited to red.  With Reaper King you get all five colors.  

Yes you can have an Artifact commander.   You are still limited to the color identity.  If your commander is 5 colors, you can have all five colors, if not then not.

For example, with Bosh, Iron Golem you are limited to red.  With Reaper King you get all five colors.  

However, with Karn, Silver Golem you're restricted to colorless cards with no color identity at all - nothing showing up colored mana symbols on the cost or text box can be used, not even basic lands.

[<o>]
Figured as much, just thought I'd ask. Didn't know about that land thing. Thanks guys.