[24-hours] contest thingy

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Make a miracle card that has no regular mana cost.
Compleation --
Sorcery (R)

Miracle (pm)(pm)(pm)(pm)(pm)
Each player gets 9 poison counters.

Once in a dead moon, the toxins of Phyrexia explode.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
That has a regular mana cost. I guess I should have said no way to cast normally?
Sorry this just a witty placeholder until I can actually get to a computer... I figured a cost like that couldn't be considered regular
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Angel Divine
(0)
Creature - Angel
Colour Indicator: White

Flying, Lifelink, Vigilance
Miracle - Champion a Human

Devotion has its rewards.

3/3

Cheers, vlord.
Last Resort | Sorcery | Rare
If you have no cards in your library you win the game.
Miracle
Meticulous Siphoning
Sorcery
Target player loses 4 life and you gain 4 life. Then, you may draw a card.
If ~ would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, reveal ~ and shuffle it into its owner's library instead.
Miracle

You may draw just in the event where someone actually thought up of how to stack 4 of these on the top of their library.
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Rise from the Earth

Sorcery

~ is green

Lands you control become 4/5 creatures with trample until the end of the turn. If a spell or ability would destroy a land you control this turn, regenerate it. They are still lands.

Miracle  
Insanity Flame 
Sorcery

(colour indicator red)

Hellbent - If you have no cards in hand, ~ deals 5 damage to each creature and each player.

Miracle

Madness :R::R: 
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Insanity Flame 
Sorcery

(colour indicator red)

Hellbent - If you have no cards in hand, ~ deals 5 damage to each creature and each player.

Miracle

Madness :R::R: 

Aw, man. Did you sneak into my head and steal my idea? I was totally going to combine Madness with Miracle. Thanks a lot.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

Aw, man. Did you sneak into my head and steal my idea? I was totally going to combine Madness with Miracle. Thanks a lot.

Well, if you wouldn't leave your head so unguarded...
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Swept Away by Fate
Sorcery
If a spell or ability an opponent controls causes you to discard ~ or causes it to be put into your graveyard from your library, you may cast it without paying its mana cost.
Each player discards their hand, draws eight cards, then puts a card at random from their hand on the top of their library.
Miracle

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Next Generation
Sorcery
Choose a creature you control. Put a token that is a copy of that creature onto the battlefield, except it is a 1/1.

Miracle

"One cannot put a price on the birth of a child, but I'll trade you my new ox and this bag of magic beans for that one." - Kluk, Goblin Trafficker.

Alternate Stupid Flavor Text: "Driving your acidic slime to the hospital: 8 dollars. Paying for your dragon broodmother's epidural: 400 dollars. Seeing your baby barkripper smile for the first time: Priceless."

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Awaken {}
Sorcery
Exile all nonland permanents.
Suspend 3 -
Miracle
In the sorcerer's dreams was his own little world, erased and rewritten with the passing of the moon each night.
A little bit of courage is the real magic.
Forgotten Promise
Sorcery

If a spell was countered during the previous turn, you may cast this cost for it's Miracle cost.

Miracle Return target card in your graveyard to play.

I said I would find strength in allies, and here they are.

DCI Judge Level 1

Harness the Dawn | (White)
Sorcery - Arcane

You gain 3 life. If you played ~ for its miracle cost, you gain 10 life instead.

Splice onto Arcane
Miracle
thoughts

So the obvious question is 'what if you have this in your opening hand or can't Miracle it for some other reason?'  I'm not a fan of making cards that are essentially blank in a nontrivial number of scenarios so I'll have to do something (despite having very recently done just that... oops).  The other entries have some ideas -- splice, random triggered abilities, suspend, madness.

My current favorite idea is cycling -- if you miracle it, sweet; if you don't, you can cycle it on your opponent's turn to at least get some value, and maybe also hit a different Miracle.

OK, so what should it do?  recently I've been a massive Edge of Autumn fanboi so a cycling ability that enables the non-cycling function of the card would be sweet.  sac a creature to cycle, reanimate miracle?  yeah!  let's do this.

I wish Desperate Ritual weren't a thing already, that'd be a good name for this.

Dread Revival
{} Sorcery

Return target creature card from your graveyard to play.
Miracle
Cycling -- Sacrifice a creature.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Cosmic Entity
Legendary Creature
Cosmic Entity has power and toughness equal to the number of cards in the game.
Rethink
Sorcery
Discard your hand, then draw one more than that many cards.
Miracle .
What do you get when you forecast a miracle?

Prophecy(white)
Sorcery
Search your library for a card with Miracle and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put that card on top of it.
Forecast -  , Reveal Prophecy from your hand: Shuffle Prophecy into its owner's library.
Miracle
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Endless Day
Sorcery (W)
Gain 3 life.
If Endless Day is in your graveyard, you may pay . If you do, put it on top of your library.
Miracle
Ever find those dice ChaosLight?
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Sign In to post comments