Dungeon Command- Rules Question, Are attributes optional or mandatory?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

This came up in a game last night with a friend but i havent been able to find a ruling on it yet. 

Are creature attributes manditory? I was fighting against an UmberHulk and i used a card the slid the creature X squares, I think it was shove aside. Since the Umberhulk has burrow I pushed it though a wall into an waiting army. Conseptually this seems really wierd, but from what we could tell it was a legal move. 

Does anyone have any clarification?

So far, im loving the game, just not loving the distrubution method. I really do miss dnd minis.  

My understanding is that burrowing (and flying and so forth) modifies moves the creature takes, so using its move during the turn, or a card that says "move X" or whatever.  Forced movement is a separate movement mode with its own rules, so creature abilities that modify the way the creature moves, like burrow, shouldn't apply to it.
Agreed -- the Umber Hulk burrows, not the creatures it slides. That doesn't even make any sense.
Agreed -- the Umber Hulk burrows, not the creatures it slides. That doesn't even make any sense.

I think you are miss reading my post, 

UmberHulk is an enemy. On my turn, i pushed it,
Since i pushed it would it's burrow ability effect itself, allowing me to push it though a wall.

My logic goes if you have an ability card like spring attack, your creature has burrow, you use it on it. It can burrow move 6 attack and then burrow move 6. Why would this not apply to an enemy effect on you.

Also Another interesting combo i pulled last night. Ally Wizard gets surounded by enemies Ally Copper dragon comes up 5 squared behind, range attacks wizard. He has cover because of enemies in the way. Tap to prevent range damage, dragon's acid breath's effect still applies, all adjacent enemies take 20 damage. They cant tap to prevent because it's not a range attack so they dont have cover. Interesting way to draw out order cards using your own troops to inflict AE if your enemy spaces units out.

I think you are miss reading my post, 

UmberHulk is an enemy. On my turn, i pushed it,
Since i pushed it would it's burrow ability effect itself, allowing me to push it though a wall.

My logic goes if you have an ability card like spring attack, your creature has burrow, you use it on it. It can burrow move 6 attack and then burrow move 6. Why would this not apply to an enemy effect on you.

Also Another interesting combo i pulled last night. Ally Wizard gets surounded by enemies Ally Copper dragon comes up 5 squared behind, range attacks wizard. He has cover because of enemies in the way. Tap to prevent range damage, dragon's acid breath's effect still applies, all adjacent enemies take 20 damage. They cant tap to prevent because it's not a range attack so they dont have cover. Interesting way to draw out order cards using your own troops to inflict AE if your enemy spaces units out.

First of all, when you slide an enemy creature, you can't force them to use their ability like that. Just because the enemy has burrow, doesnt mean you can make it burrow when you want. ;) I believe the offical ruling is more along these lines "Burrow and Flying affect shifting and moving, but not sliding."

Second one is legal if the Wizard would have cover. You are correct, it isn't a ranged attack when the damage hits the people around your wizard so they can not tap to dodge, they could all do Immediates however. ;)     
My Commander Decks Zur The En-hancer Omnomnom