Indestructible and enchantments

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can you kill an indestructible creature using enchantments, or cards like Tragic Trip?
Can you kill an indestructible creature using enchantments, or cards like Tragic Trip?

tragic slip
dead weight

yes

How to autocard: [c]gravecrawler[/c] = gravecrawler Find me on kingdomofloathing.com as Adamantois

Ok, so it's ok as long as it gives -/- but cards like Murder would not work. thanks
Ok, so it's ok as long as it gives -/- but cards like Murder would not work. thanks

correct.

edit for rules:

704.5f If a creature has toughness 0 or less, it’s put into its owner’s graveyard. Regeneration can’t
replace this event.

701.6b The only ways a permanent can be destroyed are as a result of an effect that uses the word
“destroy” or as a result of the state-based actions that check for lethal damage (see rule 704.5g)
or damage from a source with deathtouch (see rule 704.5h). If a permanent is put into its
owner’s graveyard for any other reason, it hasn’t been “destroyed.”

Hopefully this makes my answer a little more..."helpful".

How to autocard: [c]gravecrawler[/c] = gravecrawler Find me on kingdomofloathing.com as Adamantois

Destruction comes in three forms:
-lethal damage greater than or equal to a creature's toughness (while that thoughness is above 0)
-any amount of damage from a source with Deathtouch 
-effects that specifically say "destroy" (Murder)

Those are the only things that being indestructible will save a creature from.  All other ways of getting rid of creatures (-x/-x for example) are not destruction. 
DCI Level 1 Judge Please autocard: [c]Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon[/c] = Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon [c=Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon]Skittles[/c] = Skittles Cards do what they say they do. No more. No less.