Dungeon 205 - Stocking the Shelves

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dungeon 205
Stocking the Shelves
by Matthew Sernett

Like the real world, D&D worlds are filled with places that are filled with books. It’s great fun to imagine the PCs riffling through scrolls among the dusty stacks or discovering a treasure trove of lore in the dungeon . . . but then what? As a DM, what do you fill those bookcases with?

Talk about this article here.

astralArchivist.com - 4e D&D house rules, homebrew, and story hours - now featuring ENWorld's Zeitgeist adventure path! Will Thibault is a winged, feathered serpent rarely found anywhere except in warm, jungle-like regions or flying through the ether. Due to his intelligence and powers he is regarded with awe by the inhabitants of his homelands and is considered to be divine.
I somehow missed this one when it first came out and just discovered it while looking for an adventure in Dungeon.

This is a really great article and I'd like to see more like this. My players love getting books in their loot, but I often don't have the time to make up any more detail than just a great sounding name. It would be very useful to have more articles like this so that a DM can quickly read off some cool sounding info. This adds richness to the campaign and can spark all kinds of great adventures.

More please!