White/Blue Spirit Deck. Suggestions/Comments?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
*Note: This is an updated version of my deck*

Land:
Islands x9
Plains x8
[C]Sejiri Refuge[/C] x1
[C]Azorius Chancery[/C] x1
[C]Sejiri Steppe[/C] x1

Creatures:
[C]Moon Heron[/C] x3
[C]Kabuto Moth[/C] x1
[C]Sky Spirit[/C] x1
[C]Dungeon Geists[/C] x2
[C]Latch Seeker[/C] x2
[C]Spectral Rider[/C] x2
[C]Chapel Geist[/C] x3
[C]Soulbound Guardians[/C] x2
[C]Drogskol Captain[/C] x4
[C]Soulsworn Jury[/C] x1
[C]Gallows Warden[/C] x1
[C]Windreaver[/C] x1
[C]Wall of Denial[/C] x1
[C]Drogskol Reaver[/C] x2

Spells:
[C]Angel's Mercy[/C] x1
[C]Mana Leak[/C] x2
[C]Smite the Monstrous[/C] x1
[C]Geist Snatch[/C] x4
[C]Spirit Mantle[/C] x1
[C]Solemn Offering[/C] x1
[C]Ice Cage[/C] x1
[C]Mind Control[/C] x1
[C]Overrule[/C] x1
[C]Dream Twist[/C] x1
[C]Steel of the Godhead[/C] x1

Total: 60

This deck has worked rather well, since I can gain a large group of low-cost spirits with flying. The spells work well for countering as well as some buffing. I also added some life gain, because that's always nice. Some of the deck is from the Venser deck taken apart (from a friend). I know that some things could be improved. I want to add more [C]Spirit Mantle[/C]s, some [C]True Conviction[/C]s, and some [C]Midnight Haunting[/C]s. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
less 1-ofs, more 4-ofs

other than that, try here: community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/7584...
proud member of the 2011 community team
Moving to Casual Play.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
good counter creature spell is geist snatch
Enigma and No_Spirit, thanks. Bubba... what?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
So, this is my deck after a lot of work and various suggestions:

Land:

[C]Islands[/C] x9

[C]Plains[/C] x8

[C]Sejiri Refuge[/C] x1

[C]Azorius Chancery[/C] x1

[C]Sejiri Steppe[/C] x1

Creatures:

[C]Drogskol Captain[/C] x4

[C]Dungeon Geists[/C] x4

[C]Chapel Geist[/C] x2

[C]Moon Heron[/C] x2

[C]Swans of Bryn Argoll[/C] x2

[C]Drogskol Reaver[/C] x2

[C]Angel of Flight Alabaster[/C] x2

[C]Kami of False Hope[/C] x2

[C]Soulbound Guardians[/C] x1

[C]Wall of Denial[/C] x1

[C]Myojin of Cleansing Fire[/C] x1

[C]Wall of Reverence[/C] x1

Spells:

[C]Geist Snatch[/C] x4

[C]Spirit Mantle[/C] x4

[C]True Conviction[/C] x2

[C]Mana Leak[/C] x2

[C]Midnight Haunting[/C] x2

[C]Steel of the Godhead[/C] x1

[C]Overrule[/C] x1

As mentioned, this is to gain an army of Spirits. However, I switched my spells around so that they focus on both countering and buffing my creatures. Any suggestions that could make it better? It has worked well so far.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Really need more 4-ofs and a comprehensive idea would be good. Seems haphazard at the moment. Look at buying more singles.

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20795.jpg)

Ok, how about this:

Land:

[C]Islands[/C] x9

[C]Plains[/C]  x8

[C]Sejiri Refuge[/C]  x1

[C]Azorius Chancery[/C]  x1

[C]Sejiri Steppe[/C]  x1

Creatures:

[C]Drogskol Captain[/C]  x4

[C]Dungeon Geists[/C]  x4

[C]Swans of Bryn Argoll[/C]  x4

[C]Soulbound Guardians[/C]  x4 

[C]Angel of Flight Alabaster[/C]  x4

[C]Kami of False Hope[/C]  x2

[C]Drogskol Reaver[/C]  x2 

Spells:

[C]Spirit Mantle[/C]  x4

[C]True Conviction[/C]  x4

[C]Mana Leak[/C]  x4

[C]Steel of the Godhead[/C]  x4

So, I switched to 4-ofs, as suggested. This deck can be played mostly in 4-5 mana, which will be great if I have a mana drought. I'll have the [C]Kami of False Hope[/C]s and the [C]Swans of Bryn Argoll[/C]s to stop any damage coming toward me. The spells are for buffing, such as Double Strike, Lifelink, Unblockable, etc., as well as +1/+1 counters. Some counter spells are also nice, and I removed the [C]Geist Snatch[/C]es since they only counter creature spells. The [C]Drogskol Captain[/C]s will be good for Hexproof and +1/+1 counters, and the [C]Angel of Flight Alabaster[/C]s will return spirits in my graveyard. [C]Dungeon Geists[/C] for disabilitating creatures, and [C]Soulbound Guardians[/C] for defense, which will work well with the possible +1/+1 counters. The [C]Drogskol Reaver[/C]s are the icing on the cake. All in all, I can have a decent sized army rather quick, if I can pull out the mana which isn't usually a problem, if I shuffle well. It still needs refining, but I think it could work well. Suggestions?
Question: Should I switch out some islands for some plains? It would seem that most of my cards are and (), so that would make sense. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Ok, so this is the most recent version of my deck:

Land:
9 [C]Island[/C]
8 [C]Plains[/C]
1 [C]Sejiri Refuge[/C]
1 [C]Sejiri Steppe[/C]
1 [C] Azorius Chancery[/C]

Creatures:
4 [C]Drogskol Captain[/C]
4 [C]Dungeon Geists[/C]
4 [C]Angel of Flight Alabaster[/C]
4 [C]Kami of False Hope[/C]
3 [C]Swans of Bryn Argoll[/C]
2 [C]Soulbound Guardians[/C]
2 [C]Drogskol Reaver[/C]
1 [C]Geist of Saint Traft[/C]

Spells:
4 [C]Spirit Mantle[/C]
4 [C]Mana Leak[/C]
4 [C]Steel of the Godhead[/C]
2 [C]True Conviction[/C]
2 [C]Favorable Winds[/C]

The only thing I want to add is 4 [C]Glacial Fortress[/C] cards, but after that, this deck is complete. 

So, the general idea of this deck is to get monsters out, put enchantments on them, and deal tons of damage. The spells/[C]Drogskol Captain[/C]s allow Hexproof, Protection from Creatures, Double Strike, Lifelink, and Unblockable, as well as a lot of +1/+1 counters. Plus, the counter spells are nice. I had some [C]Geist Snatch[/C]es, but I removed them since they only counter creature spells, and I had some [C]Midnight Hauntings[/C] for the tokens, but I removed those too.

The [C]Dungeon Geists[/C] are fun, since I can use them to leave an enemy with nothing to do. I was thinking of swapping out some [C]Soulbound Guardians[/C] for some [C]Wall of Reverence[/C]s, although the Guardians have excellent P/T, especially if I can get some enchantments on them. Any opinions on that? The [C]Angel of Flight Alabaster[/C]s are to bring back any killed creatures, which is, well, awesome. [C]Kami of Lost Hope[/C]s and [C]Swans of Bryn Argoll[/C] are for damage prevention. The [C]Drogskol Reaver[/C]s are the icing on the cake.

So, what do you guys think? The previous versions of this deck have pissed some people off, but this one does that job better. All in all, it has won many games. Its weaknesses, as I have seen, are spells that either destroy enchantments or creatures (non-targeting, to be exact), creatures with reach/flying, and Angels (due to high P/T, flying, and vigilance). Other than that, the creatures are generally hard to kill, when things turn out right.

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Sign In to post comments