A Lord for Every Creature Type

88 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have decided to embark on a project, where I will attempt to create a tribal lord for every single creature type in magic. I define a lord to be a creature of that type, which gives an ability to every other creature of that type you control. A perfect example is Goblin Chieftain. I am interpereting this fairly losely, so Azami, Lady of Scrolls does qualify. However, I will skip creature types that already have qualifying lords, focusing only on the overlooked types. I am going to do the types in alphabetical order, for lack of a better system.

If you would like to critique my lords or post your own, go ahead.

As a record of my progress, here are the creature types, with completed types in bold, and skipped ones in strikethrough:

Note: I have not crossed out every creature type with a lord. Crossed out types ae those I have already skipped. Please stop bugging me about this. Feel free to post whatever you like, except for telling me what lords exist already.

Advisor, Ally, Angel, Anteater, Antelope, Ape, Archer, Archon, Artificer, Assassin, Assembly-Worker, Atog, Aurochs, Avatar, Badger, Barbarian, Basilisk, BatBear, Beast, Beeble, Berserker, Bird, Blinkmoth, Boar, Bringer, Brushwagg, Camarid, Camel, Caribou, Carrier, Cat, Centaur, Cephalid, Chimera, Citizen, Cleric, Cockatrice, Construct, Coward, Crab, Crocodile, Cyclops, Dauthi, Demon, Deserter, Devil, Djinn, Dragon, Drake, Dreadnought, Drone, Druid, Dryad, Dwarf, Efreet, Elder, Eldrazi, Elemental, Elephant, Elf, Elk, Eye, Faerie, Ferret, Fish, Flagbearer, Fox, Frog, Fungus, Gargoyle, Germ, Giant, Gnome, Goat, Goblin, Golem, Gorgon, Graveborn, Gremlin, Griffin, Hag, Harpy, Hellion, Hippo, Hippogriff, Homarid, Homunculus, Horror, Horse, Hound, Human, Hydra, Hyena, Illusion, Imp, Incarnation, Insect, Jellyfish, Juggernaut, Kavu, Kirin, Kithkin, Knight, Kobold, Kor, Kraken, Lammasu, Leech, Leviathan, Lhurgoyf, Licid, Lizard, Manticore, Masticore, Mercenary, Merfolk, Metathran, Minion, Minotaur, Monger, Mongoose, Monk, Moonfolk, Mutant, Myr, Mystic, Nautilus, Nephilim, Nightmare, Nightstalker, Ninja, Noggle, Nomad, Octopus, Ogre, Ooze, Orb, Orc, Orgg, Ouphe, Ox, Oyster, Pegasus, Pentavite, Pest, Phelddagrif, Phoenix, Pincher, Pirate, Plant, Praetor, Prism, Rabbit, Rat, Rebel, Reflection, Rhino, Rigger, Rogue, Salamander, Samurai, Sand, Saproling, Satyr, Scarecrow, Scorpion, Scout, Serf, Serpent, Shade, Shaman, Shapeshifter, Sheep, Siren, Skeleton, Slith, Sliver, Slug, Snake, Soldier, Soltari, Spawn, Specter, Spellshaper, Sphinx, Spider, Spike, Spirit, Splinter, Sponge, Squid, Squirrel, Starfish, Surrakar, Survivor, Tetravite, Thalakos, Thopter, Thrull, Treefolk, Triskelavite, Troll, Turtle, Unicorn, Vampire, Vedalken, Viashino, Volver, Wall, Warrior, Weird, Werewolf, Whale, Wizard, Wolf, Wolverine, Wombat, Worm, Wraith, Wurm, Yeti, Zombie, and Zubera.

Won a TPmanW contest with Demonic Arbitrator. (see below) My username is a simple continued fraction. Look it up. My favorite cards I've made:
Show
Æther Rider Creatuere - Spirit (U) Vanishing 0 (This permanent enters the battlefield with zero time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) Flying : Put a time counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability. It comes on the wind, from realms unknown. 2/2 Kaldurian Behemoth Creature - Beast (R) Mana produced by lands may not be used to pay ~'s mana cost. Trample On Kalduria, the beasts are too good to eat common grass. 10/10 Demonic Arbitrator Sorcery Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. If any player paid life, repeat this process. If a player paid more life in total than any other, that player searches his or her library for a card and puts that card into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library. "Your sacrifice has been judged worthy. What power do you require?"
Aattoogg |
Legendary Creature - Atog
Sacrifice a permanent: Atogs get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the sacrificed creature's power until the end of the turn.
Atogs get "Sacrifice a permanent: ~ gets +1/+1 until the end of the turn."
5/5

I've made another legendary atog, 5/5 for , aswell as the original Atogatog. There's the lord that feasts on his own, the lord who ignores the people and consumes, and the one that gives to the people by taking away from them.
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
My People Tallies
MagicPablo666: 1 ChaosLight: 1
Atogs already have a lord? 
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Atogatog isn't really a lord.
Atogatog
Atogatog |
Sacrifice an Atog: Atogatog gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the sacrificed atog's power.
5/5

Omnitog
Omnitog |
Sacrifice a Permanent: Omnitog gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the sacrificed card's converted mana cost.
5/5
Was created in the chain by me.
And then there's Aattoogg
Aattoogg
Aattoogg |
Sacrifice a permanent: Atogs get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the sacrificed creature's power until the end of the turn.
Atogs get "Sacrifice a permanent: ~ gets +1/+1 until the end of the turn."
5/5
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
Here's the first go:

Advisor:
The 1st creature type alphabetically.

After investigating all 32 extant advisors, I decided that the ability most in the style of advisors was the ability to prevent creatures from attacking, which 5 of them possesed in one form or another. Therefore, here is the card:

Puname, First Minister
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor
Tap an untapped Advisor you control: Target creature can't attack you this turn.
The network of informants and expert tacticians I have built will ensure that our forces can evade or parry any threat.
2/3 

Edit: Added "you" 
Won a TPmanW contest with Demonic Arbitrator. (see below) My username is a simple continued fraction. Look it up. My favorite cards I've made:
Show
Æther Rider Creatuere - Spirit (U) Vanishing 0 (This permanent enters the battlefield with zero time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) Flying : Put a time counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability. It comes on the wind, from realms unknown. 2/2 Kaldurian Behemoth Creature - Beast (R) Mana produced by lands may not be used to pay ~'s mana cost. Trample On Kalduria, the beasts are too good to eat common grass. 10/10 Demonic Arbitrator Sorcery Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. If any player paid life, repeat this process. If a player paid more life in total than any other, that player searches his or her library for a card and puts that card into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library. "Your sacrifice has been judged worthy. What power do you require?"
I'll start from the end of the alphabet, if that's okay. I don't want to impose on your project, so feel free to use as many or as few of my ideas as you like.

Ceaseless-Life Zubera
Creature - Zubera
Whenever another Zubera you control dies, put a token into play that's a copy of it for each Zubera that died this turn. If 4 or more damage was dealt to that Zubera, gain 3 life.
(2/1)

Wubrg Kamigawa block Zubera deck, here I come! I like this card because it has an ability that seems really broken -- but in practice, it's harder to put together than to answer.

Zombies have Cemetery Reaper, Death Baron, and Diregraf Captain. I'll make a lord for them in monoblue.
I had an idea for a unique lord from a barely used creature type.  Can anyone see the reference.

Spathi High Council, the Safe Ones
Creature -> Crab Coward
Spathi High Council, the Safe Ones are indestructable.
Whenever a Coward you control becomes the target of a spell or ability your opponent controls, counter it unless they pay
Cowards cost less to cast.
"We are the Safe Ones because we are safe."
0/4
Sublime Anteater -

Creature - Anteater

Other Anteater creatures you control get +1/+1 and have ': Destroy target insect'.

1/1 
Lord #2: Angels
(Allies were skipped because they are all lords.) 

Angels are known for being big, flying, vigilant, and white. Thereore: 

Amara, Light of Serra
Legendary Creature - Angel
Flying, Vigilance
Other Angel creatures you control get +2/+2 and have vigilance.
Every group needs a leader, every army a general. She is our leader. She is our general.
5/5 
Show
Lord #3: Anteaters

There is exactly one anteater in the game (On the battlefield, with Humility out) and that is Prowling Pangolin. In honor of the one anteater, here is a lord inspired by it:

Anteater King 
Creature - Anteater
Other Anteater creatures you control get +2/+2 and have "When this creature enters the battlefield, any player may sacrifice a creatures. If a player does, sacrifice this creature."
"Fear the anteaters. Feed the anteaters." - Oracle of Mavros
2/2

What do you think - Balanced? Fun? Flavorful? 
Show
Lord #4: Antelopes

There are seven antelope in the game, and three have a "lands matter" portion. Therefore, I will go with a classic landwalk and +1/+1 lord.

Antelope Champion
Creature - Antelope
Forestwalk
Other Antelope creatures get +1/+1 and have forestwalk.
Its graceful movements and complete knowledge of the woods allow it to strike anywhere, anytime.
2/2

It's a bit similar to Elvish Champion, but it seemed the only reasonable choice.
Show
Lord #5: Apes

Apes, if you've every seen them, are really scary. Therefore:

Fendar, Gorilla Warlord 
Legendary Creature - Ape
Other Gorilla creatures you control get +2/+2.
Gorilla creatures you control can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.
When he's angry, the entire pack will follow his lead. And then destroy everything in sight. 
-Olen, sole survivor of the Discovery expedition.
3/3
Show
Monoblue zombies were somewhat rare before the Innistrad block, especially if you consider color identity. Most blue zombies now are the Skaab, many of which cost cards from your library or your graveyard. Lords generally grant a bonus, however, so I tried to work one out of those concepts.

Mindbore Skaab
Creature -- Zombie Wizard
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a zombie creature card. Put that card onto the battlefield and the rest into your graveyard.
Sacrifice a Zombie: Zombie creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
1/3

The sac ability fills three main roles:
1) It's similar to the classic Lord ability.
2) It helps fuel other Skaab which require exiling creatures from the graveyard.
3) It can turn off Mindbore Skaab if he gets out of hand.

Next up: The Yeti. I have no ideas yet.
@Anteater King: I actually like that ability quite a bit. Since there's only one other anteater in the game, an anteater deck would rely on Conspiracy or Xenograft. Anteater King's ability works with both, and can quickly shut down an opponent's board. All while sticking to what anteater(s) do(es). ;)

My only criticism is that it weakens Prowling Pangolin.

I think that Jahikoi's version has an awesome kind of flavor (which, as he points out, would even shake up the metagame).
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Lord #6: Archons

(Skipped Archers because Greatbow Doyen)

Archons are a lot like angels: beefy and flying and white. However, there are only five. Also, they ride lions. Two prevent you from taking damage, and two exile permantents. Therefore:

Indomitable Archon
Creature - Archon 
Flying
Whenever another Archon creature enters the battlefield under your control, exile target permanent.
Creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pays :XM: for each of those creatures, where X is the number of Archons you control.
As his glorious light filled the sky, every man and woman on the battlefield knew the course of the fight had changed.
8/8
Show
Artificers. This one's easy, since they boost artifacts.

Artifice Professor

Creature--Human Artificer

Artifacts have affinity for artificers.

Metalcraft--If you control three or more artifacts, artificer creatures you control have +2/+2. If they are also artifacts, they get an additional +1/+1.

2/2
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
Lord #7: Artificers

Artificers are weird - they like to sacrifice artifacts, cheat them out, tutor them up, and lots more. This lord is only losely a lord, but I think it'll do.

Crogkar, Master Machinist
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer
Whenever ~ or another Artificer enters the battlefield under your control, you may search your library for an artifact with converted mana cost X, where X is the number of Artificers you control, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
His lab is famed across the planet for its incredible variety of creations. 
2/2

This one is rather strange, so it is a bit hard to balance - what do you think? Oh, and it is not "X or less" - that's on purpose.
Show
I like it. There's a ton of cheap artifacts that you can find with the first few artificers, and I can see people getting excited about a deck concept that builds up to something like Darksteel Colossus (followed next turn by none other than Blightsteel Colossus). Sure, you can get him out with Tinker or Shape Anew, but the former is restricted and the latter wants the deck to be built around it.

There's other ways to cheat out expensive artifacts, but it's more fun to work up to it anyway.
Lord #8: Assasins

The idea for this card came to me fairly easily, but the werding was tough. Here goes:

Assassin's Guild Leader 
Creature - Assassin
Whenever a creature an opponent controls becomes the target of an ability of another Assassin creature you control, put a hit counter on that creature.
Whenever a creature an opponent controls with a hit counter on it dies, destroy target creature.
Little is known about him but this: With his team of assassins, he can kill anyone on the world.
2/2

Anyone have an idea how to word this better?
Show
Lord #9: Assembly-Worker

Assembly-Workers always seemed faintly evil to me, reminiscent of the Borg. I'm not sure why, but that's what inspired this card:

Assembly-Factory Recruiter
Artifact Creature - Assembly-Worker
: Target artifact or creature you control becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature with ": Target Assembly-Worker creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn."
: Assembly-Worker creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
In these tough economic times, have you considered a job at the factory?
2/2

What do you think?
Show
Lord #10: Atog

Atogs have always seemed far too lonely, so a lord will fit nicely. Here we go:

Plentatog
Creature - Atog
If an activated ability of an Atog creature you control would increase it's power and/or toughness, it affects each Atog creature you control instead.
When the Atogs band together, the scavenging ends and the feasting begins.
4/5

Edit: Working on the wording
Edit: Fixed the wording. 
Show
Your wording is fine on the Assassin lord. It's kind of a crazy powerful ability, though

Should Assembly-Workers interact with lands somehow? I think the lord is fine either way.

Plentatog (awesome name, btw) has a kind of weird abilty. I'd try something like this:

Whenever you activate an ability of an Atog creature you control, copy that ability for each other Atog you control. except that ability's effects apply to that Atog.

It's still kinda weird, and now it ruins Chronatog's life, but it might be easier to understand.

-----

Yetis seem to each have a unique shroud or evasion type ability, based on how Wizards wanted to interpret the flavor at that time. Commonalities are power, toughness, and CMC between 3 and 6, and favor for . Common flavor is that the Yeti hide in the vast wastes, or the terrible weather, or the deep forest until they can suddenly strike without warning.

I decided on a lord that can isolate creatures and put them at the mercy of your yeti.

Yeti Flurrymaster
Creature -- Yeti
Other yeti creatures you control get +1/+1.
, : Target yeti you control and another target creature gain hexproof until end of turn. Those creatures fight each other.
5/5
The yeti sounds fun, though it looks easy to break in a dedicated ramp deck.

Hmm...Aurochsen. This should be easy. All non-changeling aurochsen have trample, and they have a form of battle cry that only affects other aurochsen, so why not borrow tech from Sliver Legion?

Alpha Aurochs

Trample, battle cry

Other Aurochsen you control get +1/+1 and have battle cry. 3/3
139359831 wrote:
Okay, I've got an idea for 2 of the more weird creature types:

Omnivolver   
Creature - Volver
You may pay rather than pay the kicker costs of Volver spells you cast. 
6/6

I didn't want to add anything else, as paying for the volver kickers could be nasty.  Got the idea from Thick-skinned Goblin.

AND

Alpha-Masticore   
Creature - Masticore
At the beginning of your upkeep, discard a card from your hand or sacrifice Alpha-Masticore.
If another masticore creature you control would deal noncombat damage to a creature or player, it deals double that damage to that creature or player.
: Regenerate Alpha-Masticore.
5/5

I wanted to find a way to remover the "upkeep cost" from other masticores, but I think that might be too powerful.

By the way, I think some creature types can be crossed off of the list of creatures.  You have creature types on there who have lords: merfolk has too many lords already. Soldiers have a couple, etc.  I think there are a few more that can get a strike-though on the main list.  Just my thoughts though.

This is fun to do though

Worms... really aren't a tribe. They have no commonality between them that I can see, and they've been basically replaced by Wurms. Take Wurmcoil Engine for example -- it's ability is an obvious reference to worms in real life.

Wurms have a similar issue in that the only thing common between them is that they're all different. This lord is a little bit silly, because I decided to play off the fact that worms have been all but forgotten. Both tribes are firmly green, with a healthy amount of black and some red mixed in.

Adaptation Worm
Creature - Worm
Other Worms you control get +1/+1.
When you control more wurms than worms, transform ~.
2/2
"No, that one's a wurm, not a worm."
//
Imposter Wurm
Creature - Worm
As this creature transforms into ~, choose a wurm on the battlefield. ~ becomes a copy of that wurm, except it gains "Creatures that share a creature type with this creature get +1/+1."
0/0

There's a few wurms that have an additional creature type that you can use to extend the bonus to other creatures. Your choices are Dragon, Zombie, Elephant, Spirit, and Skeleton.
Worm is sadly unavailable.

You can copy a changeling if you really want to, but it's harder to trigger the transformation, and all your opponent's creatures will benefit from Imposter Wurm's buff.

I chose not to bother with a color indicator, since that'd be unused anyway.
I'll do cats:

Pride Leader

Creature--Cat

All other Cat creatures get +1/+1

When a Cat enters the battlefield, you gain 2 life. 2/2
139359831 wrote:
Lord #10: Atog

Atogs have always seemed far too lonely, so a lord will fit nicely. Here we go:

Plentatog
Creature - Atog
If an activated ability of an Atog creature you control would increase it's power and/or toughness, it affects each Atog creature you control instead.
When the Atogs band together, the scavenging ends and the feasting begins.
4/5

Edit: Working on the wording
Edit: Fixed the wording. 

I'M THE ONE WHO OBSESSES OVER ATOGS!
My Philosophies
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
The Atog one is meh...

Check this out...

You may sacrifice permanents of any type for activated abilities of Atog you control.
Whenever you activate an ability of an Atog you control, it activates each other activated ability of that Atog and each activated ability of each other Atog you control.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

How about "You may sacrifice permanents of any type to pay the costs of activated abilities of Atog creatures you control"?  It's not quite as lord-y but at least it's on a speaking basis with the comprehensive rules.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

How does that mesh with Necratog or Psychatog? Or, for that matter, Mirror Entity?
That is an excellent question.  Not intuitively?

My guess is that Necratog and Psychatog work like I want -- you can sacrifice any permanent to activate their abilities even though the original cost has nothing to do with sacrificing things.  Mirror Entity... as you don't choose an X, wouldn't it just turn into a free 'Sacrifice a permanent: nothing happens' ?

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

X would be 0, since it can't be determined. Which would turn all your creatures into 0/0 changelings. If the Atog lord doesn't grant other Atogs +1/+1, you'll wipe your board.

---

Wraiths are easy. They're black and they have swampwalk.

Tomb Wraith
Creature -- Wraith
Swampwalk
Other Wraiths you control get +1/+1.
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to an opponent, put a mire counter on target land that opponent controls. That land is a Swamp for as long as it has a mire counter on it.
Next lord: Wombats.

The only one is Rabid Wombat, so I'll make a lord that does what he does. I guess I'm not in a creative mood today.

: |

Vapid Wombat
Creature -- Wombat
Vigilance
Other Wombats you control get +2/+2 for each aura attached to ~.
1/1

3/7/15/1/292, are you still around? I'd like to see some more of your designs. Are you still doing anything with this project? I'm enjoying this thread and I wouldn't want to see it disappear.

I'll give this one last bump, then wait for others to post.

Wolverines generally start out small, but get big when you try to block them. That sort of ability is very flavorful, but probably isn't done so much anymore to make combat math easier to figure out. I guess that WotC realized that when you get attacked by a bunch of rampage creatures, it takes you a long time to figure out how to block -- and just when you think you got it figured out, you remember that you're gonna make that wolverine a 5/5, not a 4/4.

The wolverine is generally solitary, so a lord is necessarily going to have a little weirdness in flavor. The concept here is "if one wolverine can take out a moose, what happens when they team up?" Rather than worry about things like players who complain that math is hard, I just kinda ran with it and designed a card that'll probably never see print because math is hard.

Anyway, the wolverine lord doesn't care about any of that sissy stuff. To him, the solution is easy: "Dont [mess] with the wolverine!"

Bold Wolverine
Creature -- Wolverine
Whenever a wolverine you control becomes blocked by a creature, it gets +X/+X, where X is the number of blocked wolverines you control. (Creatures become blocked simultaneously.)
We thought that we had failed in training the wolverines for war. But we had only failed to train them to fight for our side.
2/2
Don't worry, Bowshewicz, I'm still here. Smile

Lord #11: Aurochs

While there are only four Aurochs, they are an extremely tight bunch, each having a single green mana in the cost, an identical tribal ability, and trample. I though I would play up those themes by having the lord grant a more powerful version of the tribal ability they all possess. Here's what I got:

Aurochs Packleader
Creature - Aurochs
Trample
Whenever Aurochs Packleader attacks, each Aurochs creature you control gets +1/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking Aurochs.
You may have Aurochs creatures you control assign their combat damage as though they weren't blocked.
"When we saw the pack of wild beasts attacking, we took up arms to stop them. We were fools. If you see the beasts, just run."
2/2
Show
Don't worry, Bowshewicz, I'm still here. Smile

Lord #11: Aurochs

While there are only four Aurochs, they are an extremely tight bunch, each having a single green mana in the cost, an identical tribal ability, and trample. I though I would play up those themes by having the lord grant a more powerful version of the tribal ability they all possess. Here's what I got:

Aurochs Packleader [3G]
Creature - Aurochs
Trample
Whenever Aurochs Packleader attacks, each Aurochs creature you control gets +1/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking Aurochs.
You may have Aurochs creatures you control assign their combat damage as though they weren't blocked.
"When we saw the pack of wild beasts attacking, we took up arms to stop them. We were fools. If you see the beasts, just run."
2/2

The plural is aurochsen, and mine was at least true to their mechanic, giving them a second (non-tribe-specific) battle cry.

Aren't quadratic mechanics (battle cry, "for each creature you control with defender", etc.) fun?
139359831 wrote:
Actually, the plural is Aurochs, I checked the dictionary. Also, while my super-trample ability is new for Aurochs, I feel it fits in their flavor more than pumping non-Aurochs creatures would. They don't act as an army, but as a herd.

Lord #12: Avatar

Avatars are tricky - they have no color identity, nor any common characteristics other than being expensive. In my opinion, they tend to act as godlike figures, often recieving their power from those who follow them. That inspired the following:

Yumei, Lord of All
Legendary Creature - Avatar
When ~ enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on it for each color other creatures you control are.
Avatar spells cost less to cast for each +1/+1 counter on ~.
Other Avatar creatures get +2/+2.
Your worship has brought Me forth. Now I will summon the entire Pantheon, to save this world. 
4/4

How does this look?

Edit: Made it a bit better. 
Show
Lord #13: Badger

Whew, done with the A's.

Looking at the three extant Badgers, I decided to make a classic "1CC static pump + tribal ability 2/2" lord, as all badgers have combat related abilities, and it fits what a badger is, a midling sized standard creature. Based on Giant Badger:

Badger Warbringer
Creature - Badger
Other Badger creatures you control get +1/+1.
Whenever a Badger creature you control becomes blocked, it gets +X/+X for each badger you control.
Badgers may normally be lethargic, but when they fight, they win.
2/2 

Feel like a badger to you? 
Show
Lord #14: Basilisk
Barbarians were skipped because of Balthor the Stout and Lovisa Coldeyes.

Basilisks have obvious abilities, Deathtouch or Pseudo-Deathtouch all around. However, a couple have Lure abilities, which seems very Basilisk-y. Therefore, I got this:

Beguiling Basilisk
Creature - Basilisk
Deathtouch
Whenever a Basilisk enters the battlefield under your control, you may have target creature block a Basilisk creature you control this turn if able.
The eyes of some basilisks kill from a distance, while others simply entice the enemy in to an assured end.
2/3
Show
Since Magic's bats are strongly tied to the vampire mythos (even if it was just Hollywood writing around trademarks), I'll continue the tradition.

Orlok, Nosferatu

Legendary Creature--Bat

When a Vampire creature you control deals combat to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it.

, : Transform ~. 4/4

Unattractive vampires rely on special means to find their prey. 2/2

----

Orlok Hidden

Legendary Creature--Bat

Flying

All other Bat creatures get +1/+1 and gain lifelink.

, Sacrifice a creature: Transform ~. 2/2

"Bat out of hell? Why yes, yes I am."
139359831 wrote: