8/2/2012 Sealed Deck Builder

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Sealed Deck Builder, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
I really like the blue ring in sealed, and it goes very well with the scroll thief and fog bank. I initially built a blue / red deck because I had somehow not seen thragtusk. With a couple far seek I figured a three colour build was possible. Its a little greedy and the deck looks a bit strange with two ramp spells and nothing really to ramp into (only 4 cards above 3 CMC) but:
1. it can answer almost any threat between naturalise, encrust and searing spear
2. it can come back when behind with thragtusk
3. it has some inevitability with volcanic geyser and vedalken entrancer.
4. there are some decks that are just going to fold to turn 2 welkin tern / fog back turn 3 ring equip

Deck:

17 Lands
---------------
7 Forest
8 Island
2 Mountain

11 Creatures
---------------
1 Fog Bank
1 Mindclaw Shaman
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Scroll Thief
1 Thragtusk
1 Vedalken Entrancer
1 Watercourser
2 Welkin Tern
1 Wind Drake
1 Yeva's Forcemage

12 Other Spells
---------------
1 Divination
2 Encrust
2 Farseek
1 Naturalize
1 Rancor
1 Ring of Evos Isle
3 Searing Spear
1 Volcanic Geyser

This Deck was built in 0:14:27

Total Deck Size: 40
18 Lands
---------------
9 Forest
8 Mountain
1 Hellion Crucible

13 Creatures
---------------
1 Arms Dealer
1 Centaur Courser
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Duskdale Wurm
2 Goblin Battle Jester
1 Mogg Flunkies
1 Primal Huntbeast
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Thragtusk
1 Torch Fiend
1 Vastwood Gorger
1 Yeva's Forcemage

9 Other Spells
---------------
1 Fungal Sprouting
1 Kindled Fury
1 Krenko's Command
1 Rancor
3 Searing Spear
1 Titanic Growth
1 Volcanic Geyser

This is the first sealed deck that i ever build.I choose to put a few more lands to ensure my Thragtusk, Gorger and Duskdale Wurm see the light of day. This also suports the helion Crucible

This pool has allot of good red and green cards. You should always play 3 Searing Spear if they are in your pool, teamed up with 1 Arms Dealer you can pretty much kill any creature.
2 Farseek ramp you into into your 4 drops and enables a big 1 Volcanic Geyser.
1 Roaring Primadox enables some nice synergies with 1 Goblin Battle Jester,
1 Mindclaw Shaman, 1 Thragtusk and 1 Yeva's Forcemage

This Deck was built in 0:11:45

17 Lands
---------------
9 Forest
7 Mountain
1 Hellion Crucible

14 Creatures
---------------
1 Arms Dealer
1 Centaur Courser
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Furnace Whelp
1 Goblin Battle Jester
1 Mindclaw Shaman
1 Mogg Flunkies
1 Primal Huntbeast
2 Quirion Dryad
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Thragtusk
1 Vastwood Gorger
1 Yeva's Forcemage

9 Other Spells
---------------
2 Farseek
1 Krenko's Command
1 Rancor
3 Searing Spear
1 Titanic Growth
1 Volcanic Geyser

Green was the strongest colour, but I couldn't pass up the removal in blue or red.
3 x farseek enables 3 colours and lets me play one less land, but I took out anything too expensive to cast as I'll struggle to get more than 5 lands in play.

This Deck was built in 1:12:42

16 Lands
---------------
9 Forest
6 Island
1 Mountain

14 Creatures
---------------
1 Centaur Courser
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Primal Huntbeast
2 Quirion Dryad
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Scroll Thief
1 Thragtusk
1 Torch Fiend
1 Watercourser
2 Welkin Tern
1 Wind Drake
1 Yeva's Forcemage

10 Other Spells
---------------
1 Divination
2 Encrust
3 Farseek
1 Rancor
3 Searing Spear

Green, Red and White.  I just could NOT pass up splashing White for the Intrepid Hero + Rhox.  Rhox comboing with Thrag is awesome not to mention if you can get Primadox into the fun as well.

Only went with 16 Lands as 3 Farseeks rock when my highest cast is 5.  Although it was tough to cut the higher cards sadly had to be done.  I didn't bother with Hellion land because of enough creatures already and making sure of my mana.

This Deck was built in 0:14:53

16 Lands
---------------
8 Forest
5 Mountain
3 Plains

11 Creatures
---------------
1 Arms Dealer
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Intrepid Hero
1 Mindclaw Shaman
1 Mogg Flunkies
1 Primal Huntbeast
2 Quirion Dryad
1 Rhox Faithmender
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Thragtusk

13 Other Spells
---------------
3 Farseek
1 Kindled Fury
1 Krenko's Command
1 Naturalize
1 Plummet
1 Rancor
3 Searing Spear
1 Titanic Growth
1 Volcanic Geyser

I went with a green/white deck. The combo Faithmender/Thragtusk/Primadox will be nice if it is on the board. Otherwise you can still combine the primadox with the forcemage. I splashed a mountain for the searing spears that are just too good to pass. 2 Farseeks will ensure I get the lands I want.  I am quite happy with the creature base, except for the oxes. Well they might even get good with rancor support.

This Deck was built in 0:07:11

17 Lands
---------------
11 Forest
1 Mountain
5 Plains

16 Creatures
---------------
1 Centaur Courser
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Duskdale Wurm
1 Guardians of Akrasa
1 Intrepid Hero
2 Pillarfield Ox
1 Primal Huntbeast
2 Quirion Dryad
1 Rhox Faithmender
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Serra Angel
1 Thragtusk
1 Vastwood Gorger
1 Yeva's Forcemage

7 Other Spells
---------------
2 Farseek
1 Rancor
3 Searing Spear
1 Titanic Growth

This Deck was built in 0:09:35

15 Lands
---------------
8 Forest
6 Mountain
1 Hellion Crucible

13 Creatures
---------------
1 Arms Dealer
1 Centaur Courser
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Duskdale Wurm
1 Furnace Whelp
2 Goblin Battle Jester
1 Mogg Flunkies
1 Primal Huntbeast
2 Quirion Dryad
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Thragtusk

12 Other Spells
---------------
3 Farseek
1 Krenko's Command
1 Rancor
1 Ring of Evos Isle
3 Searing Spear
1 Titanic Growth
1 Volcanic Geyser
1 Wild Guess

2 Quirion and a rancor just said get as many red spells to pump as possible
and thragtusk and primadox? Awesome

This Deck was built in 0:10:40

16 Lands
---------------
8 Forest
6 Mountain
1 Plains
1 Hellion Crucible

14 Creatures
---------------
1 Arms Dealer
1 Centaur Courser
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Duskdale Wurm
1 Furnace Whelp
1 Intrepid Hero
1 Mindclaw Shaman
2 Quirion Dryad
1 Reckless Brute
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Thragtusk
1 Torch Fiend
1 Yeva's Forcemage

10 Other Spells
---------------
3 Farseek
1 Krenko's Command
1 Rancor
3 Searing Spear
1 Titanic Growth
1 Volcanic Geyser

Splashed White for the Intrepid Hero-Rancor Combo 

This Deck was built in 0:03:26

Total Deck Size: 40 17 Lands --------------- 6 Forest 4 Island 2 Mountain 5 Plains

14 Creatures --------------- 1 Duskdale Wurm 1 Intrepid Hero 1 Knight of Glory 2 Pillarfield Ox 1 Primal Huntbeast 2 Quirion Dryad 1 Serra Angel 1 Silvercoat Lion 1 Thragtusk 1 Watercourser 2 Welkin Tern

9 Other Spells --------------- 1 Divination 3 Farseek 2 Index 3 Searing Spear

11 Forest
6 Mountain
1 Arms Dealer
1 Centaur Courser
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Duskdale Wurm
1 Furnace Whelp
1 Mindclaw Shaman
1 Primal Huntbeast
2 Quirion Dryad
1 Thragtusk
1 Vastwood Gorger
1 Yeva's Forcemage
3 Farseek
1 Krenko's Command
1 Rancor
2 Ranger's Path
3 Searing Spear
1 Volcanic Geyser

This Deck was built in 0:08:21

22 Lands
---------------
14 Forest
7 Mountain
1 Hellion Crucible

11 Creatures
---------------
1 Centaur Courser
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Duskdale Wurm
1 Mindclaw Shaman
1 Mogg Flunkies
1 Primal Huntbeast
1 Quirion Dryad
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Thragtusk
1 Vastwood Gorger
1 Yeva's Forcemage

7 Other Spells
---------------
1 Farseek
1 Rancor
3 Searing Spear
1 Titanic Growth
1 Volcanic Geyser

This pool was trickier than it looked, I thought.

Red was a no-brainer for 3 x searing spear, and arms dealer easily falls in when you are running red. It didn't have the depth of creatures, but double goblin battle jester can support a green fatty army very nicely. I left out mogg flunkies as I don't have many early drops.

Green was the other obvious color and it had the depth of creatures, along with the ridiculous 'PrimaTusk' combo. That combo is so strong I don't think it needs the Rhox to win out, although the Rhox in the sideboard is a good thing to have.

With three farseek, any other color was splashable. I did think about Essence Drain, but intrepid hero seemed the most abusable thanks to rancor and the forcemage / primadox combo (or titanic growth at a pinch. Since I was only splashing one white spell I ran only the two farseek.

I'm a big fan of the quirion dryad, but not in this deck. The deck is too weighted towards green in the first place, and the dryad is a terrible topdeck other times. Its something I would include in a archaeomancer / unsummon type reversion.

The mindclaw shaman is a bit hit and miss. I prefer the utility of the jesters (which can at least be sacrificed to the arms dealers) but keeping the shaman in the sideboard against a removal-heavy opponent.

deadly recluse was another difficult choice. The deck is aggressive enough that I will want to attack with my non-utility creatures, and rely on my spears, geyser and Thragtusk to allow me to race. Therefore I put torch fiend into the deck instead.

The gorger was the last inclusion / cut. With rancor in the deck I almost feel obliged to run it, but in all likelihood I will have already spent the rancor prior to turn 7, and I don't mind cutting it with some midrange fatties in the deck and a duskdale wurm at the top. Against certain decks this will roll over them. Against others, it will come out.

The mana was straightforward, and because of the low double mana cost I felt I could include the hellion crucible.

This Deck was built in 0:13:19

17 Lands
---------------
8 Forest
7 Mountain
1 Plains
1 Hellion Crucible

13 Creatures
---------------
1 Arms Dealer
1 Centaur Courser
1 Duskdale Wurm
1 Furnace Whelp
2 Goblin Battle Jester
1 Intrepid Hero
1 Primal Huntbeast
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Thragtusk
1 Torch Fiend
1 Vastwood Gorger
1 Yeva's Forcemage

10 Other Spells
---------------
2 Farseek
Fungal Sprouting
1 Krenko's Command
1 Rancor
3 Searing Spear
1 Titanic Growth
1 Volcanic Geyser

This Deck was built in 0:19:03

15 Lands
---------------
6 Forest
5 Mountain
3 Swamp
1 Hellion Crucible

15 Creatures
---------------
1 Arms Dealer
1 Centaur Courser
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Duskdale Wurm
2 Goblin Battle Jester
1 Primal Huntbeast
2 Quirion Dryad
2 Ravenous Rats
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Thragtusk
1 Vastwood Gorger
1 Yeva's Forcemage

10 Other Spells
---------------
1 Duress
1 Essence Drain
3 Farseek
1 Rancor
3 Searing Spear
1 Volcanic Geyser

I couldn't resist playing 3 colors with 2x Quirion Dryad and 3x Farseek.
Maybe I should add one more land but I feel confortable with 3x Farseek and a relatively low mana curve.   I spashed black  mainly for the combo of Ravenous Rat with Roaring Primadox
Yeva's Forcemage+ThragTusk is crazy with Roaring Primadox
Before reading the other post, I didn't saw the combo with Rancor/Yeva's Forcemage + Intrepid Hero
Maybe I should cut Deadly Recluse and Centaur Coursier for somehting else... splashing white for Intrepid Hero?

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
Color choice seemed pretty easy this week, the hard part was trying to figure out how to balance the land count and how many creatures you want in the deck.  Ideally I would like more cheap creatures because Rancor is pretty insane in a fast aggro deck, but I have enough "growing" creatures to all the deck to sustain the use of Rancor late.  Because Rancor is pretty insane at any stage in sealed.

This Deck was built in 0:06:43

17 Lands
---------------
10 Forest
6 Mountain
1 Hellion Crucible

12 Creatures
---------------
1 Arms Dealer
1 Centaur Courser
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Furnace Whelp
2 Goblin Battle Jester
2 Quirion Dryad
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Thragtusk
1 Torch Fiend
1 Yeva's Forcemage

11 Other Spells
---------------
3 Farseek
1 Fungal Sprouting  <---- creature spell #13
1 Krenko's Command <---- creature spell #14
1 Rancor
3 Searing Spear
1 Titanic Growth
1 Volcanic Geyser

You have tons of burn potential though, to help you punch through in the event you don't find Rancor early. 

Roaring Primadox creates so many possible combos.  But here is a combo that you might not have seen for him, especially if you have both Goblin Battle Jester's out.  But the obvious two are there as well.  Too bad there wasn't any Elvish Visionary available to us.  I love that guy for bouncing.

What an absolutely disgustingly powerful sealed pool.  Green is absolutely nuts having thragtusk, 3 farseeks, a duskdale wurm, and TWO FRICKIN [C]QUIRION DRYAD[/C]S!!!

Red's removal is also bonkers.  Getting 3 searing spears and a volcanic geyser gives you plenty of kill.

I couldn't pass up white, however I didn't do it for the lifegain (although I did take the faithmender).  I took it for the knight of glory (dastardly efficient), the serra angel (flying bomb), and the intrepid hero (MOAR REMOVAL!!!).

This Deck was built in 0:21:17

17 Lands
---------------
8 Forest
5 Mountain
3 Plains
1 Hellion Crucible I plan to go long, this is another fatty after I've got all the lands I want

14 Creatures
---------------
1 Arms Dealer creature kill
1 Deadly Recluse Don't even think about trying to attack me!
1 Duskdale Wurm Huuuuuuge bomb.
1 Furnace Whelp  Evasive bomb
1 Guardians of Akrasa exalted is awesome in any amount
1 Intrepid Hero for those creatures that are too big to burn out
1 Knight of Glory exalted and a solid attacker in his own right
1 Mindclaw Shaman  This thing is ludicrous
2 Quirion Dryad I still can't believe we got TWO!  These can get really big.  No, I mean REALLY BIG!
1 Rhox Faithmender  It does have a combo with Thraggy, but I wouldn't count on it.  What makes it worth it is the fat butt to hide behind, plus the two points of lifegain it gives on each hit
1 Roaring Primadox  Can reset Thraggy or Mindclaw shaman.  Either of which is brutal.
1 Serra Angel what an absolute wrecking ball of a creature.
1 Thragtusk c-c-c-c-card advantage!

9 Other Spells
---------------
3 Farseek color fixins extraordinaire
1 Fungal Sprouting  Token swarm.  I've got plenty of large guys to use it with
1 Rancor Do I really need to say anything?
3 Searing Spear Creature removal
1 Volcanic Geyser Creature removal and a finisher.  Nice.

The deck is a little slow, but it finishes REALLY big.  My last cut was to take out the second fungal sprouting, which hurt (I love the card), but since it relies on me having another creature in play it's a little too dependant.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

This Deck was built in 0:05:50

17 Lands
---------------
9 Forest
7 Mountain
1 Hellion Crucible

13 Creatures
---------------
1 Arms Dealer
1 Centaur Courser
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Duskdale Wurm
2 Goblin Battle Jester
1 Mindclaw Shaman
1 Primal Huntbeast
2 Quirion Dryad
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Thragtusk
1 Vastwood Gorger

10 Other Spells
---------------
3 Farseek
1 Kindled Fury
1 Rancor
3 Searing Spear
1 Titanic Growth
1 Volcanic Geyser

Not too much difficult choices here - plenty of removal, acceleration, and synergy. Would love to get this in a sealed  

I think this has better synergy than the Red Green version athough I would probably cut a dryad for another land upon further look

This Deck was built in 0:15:08

17 Lands
---------------
12 Forest
1 Mountain
4 Plains

15 Creatures
---------------
1 Centaur Courser
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Duskdale Wurm
1 Intrepid Hero
1 Knight of Glory
1 Primal Huntbeast
2 Quirion Dryad
1 Rhox Faithmender
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Serra Angel
1 Silvercoat Lion
1 Thragtusk
1 Vastwood Gorger
1 Yeva's Forcemage

8 Other Spells
---------------
3 Farseek
1 Rancor
1 Safe Passage
3 Searing Spear

This Deck was built in 0:04:20

17 Lands
---------------
9 Forest
8 Island

13 Creatures
---------------
1 Centaur Courser
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Duskdale Wurm
1 Fog Bank
1 Primal Huntbeast
2 Quirion Dryad
1 Thragtusk
1 Vastwood Gorger
2 Welkin Tern
1 Wind Drake
1 Yeva's Forcemage

10 Other Spells
---------------
1 Divination
2 Encrust
2 Index
1 Plummet
1 Rancor
1 Ring of Evos Isle
1 Titanic Growth
1 Unsummon

Current Decks Standard: Red Deck Wins Old Decks Standard: Get Er' Dungrove Top 8's: http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1062537 http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=47431 IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)
With the Quirions and the Farseeks, I couldn't resist trying 4 COLORS! Lots of synergies in this deck (as long as the mana works); Rhox-Primadox-Thrag, Rhox & Sunstriker, Quirions-Rancor-All the non-green spells. If I was going to make a change, it would be to take out the Duskdale and add another spear. This would be fun to play! (Accidentally left the window open over-night...didn't really take 17 hours to build, lol)

This Deck was built in 17:11:34

17 Lands
---------------
7 Forest
4 Mountain
4 Plains
2 Swamp

14 Creatures
---------------
1 Ajani's Sunstriker
1 Arms Dealer
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Duskdale Wurm
1 Giant Scorpion
1 Goblin Battle Jester
1 Mindclaw Shaman
1 Mogg Flunkies
2 Quirion Dryad
1 Rhox Faithmender
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Thragtusk
1 Yeva's Forcemage

9 Other Spells
---------------
1 Angel's Mercy
1 Disentomb
3 Farseek
1 Kindled Fury
1 Krenko's Command
1 Rancor
1 Searing Spear

I noticed a few builds where folks put in the Vastwood Gorger over the Duskdale Wurm.  I guess I understand the draw, as it comes out 1 turn earlier, AND we have Rancor in this deck, so I supposed that decreases the disparity between the two.  But personally, if I'm already waiting for six mana to cast Vastwood, I'd rather just wait on one more for the extra power and innate trampling of the Wurm.

(Then again, I have little actual game-experience, so I'd be interested to hear others' thoughts.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

With the Quirions and the Farseeks, I couldn't resist trying 4 COLORS! Lots of synergies in this deck (as long as the mana works); Rhox-Primadox-Thrag, Rhox & Sunstriker, Quirions-Rancor-All the non-green spells. If I was going to make a change, it would be to take out the Duskdale and add another spear. This would be fun to play! (Accidentally left the window open over-night...didn't really take 17 hours to build, lol)

14 Creatures
---------------

1 Giant Scorpion

9 Other Spells
---------------
1 Angel's Mercy
1 Disentomb
1 Searing Spear

Ok I am sorry to say that this is a FAIL big time in deck building.  You may still do ok but really deserve to lose sorry to say.

First off if your going with this much red anyway you put ALL 3 Searing Spears in there is NO reason not to. 3 Damage Instant burn to creatre OR Player is just to good in this format.

I know you want those Querion Elves strong but splashing Black just for a 1/3 Deathtoucher and Disentomb is a really bad idea.  If you had at least done it to use Essence Drain or some of the Exalted guys I MIGHT see it being worth it but even then it's a stretch since there is so much good already in just Green/Red and White.

Angels mercy also doesn't really  have a place in this deck.  I KNOW it's a potential 14 life with Faithmender but it's not worth the Double White needed.  Also why you choose to have it in your deck other than Serra Angel is a completely unkown reason to me.

All that being said I LOVE the possible combos in this Sealed pool:

Rhox Faithmender + Thragtusk + Roaring Primadox = 10 Life and 3/3 Token each time

Or the elmination combo of

Rancor + Intrepid Hero

And Spell Stealing

Mindclaw Shaman & Roaring Primadox

This is my 2nd version of this.  I have read most other posts and comments and I think this might be the best combo.  I did struggle with the last card add of Primal Huntbeast.  I was mulling between
another Forest as the Hellion Crucible is more a creature than land for this deck
Ranger's Path because the deck does need lots of mana for big bombs or if Roaring Primadox combos are allowed
Centaur Courser because I was light on creatures
Ring of Evos Isle because the deck really needs Roaring Primadox to stick around to create total domination

I ended up going with the Primal Huntbeast because I felt the deck needed more creatures and the added hexproof for 1 more cc seemed fine to give him edge over Centaur Courser.  I didn't go with Knight of Glory because I was only splashing in white and didn't want to add too many Plains main board, but he will often be first creature option to sideboard in for Primal Huntbeast if called upon.

This Deck was built in 0:10:32

18 Lands
---------------
10 Forest
6 Mountain
1 Plains
1 Hellion Crucible  --- Really a creature card in disguise

12 Creatures
---------------
1 Arms Dealer --- Has at least 1 other card to use instead of himself, but mostly will be a burn card posing as a creature.
1 Deadly Recluse --- The only card that doesn't really combo, but deathtouch with reach makes him conditional removal
1 Duskdale Wurm --- Does a 7/7 trampler really have to combo with anything?  It does work well with Fungal Sprouting
1 Intrepid Hero  --- His job is to kill, Rancor just gives him more targets
1 Mindclaw Shaman --- Combos with Roaring Primadox and at worst he lets you see opponents hand
1 Primal Huntbeast --- Combos with Rancor to give you untargetable attacker.  He is typcial choice #1 for sideboard out
2 Quirion Dryad --- These are highly conditional cards, and can be poor draws late, but having two means early draws more likely
1 Rhox Faithmender --- Combos with Thragtusk and even without that, nice meaty wall to give you time to set-up
1 Roaring Primadox --- This is the most important creature in whole deck, only because 3 cards combo with him.
1 Thragtusk --- Most auto-add card in set.  Easy casting cost makes it splashable, effects make him first card I put in the deck.
1 Yeva's Forcemage --- Combos with Roaring Primadox to give you the bonus you need when you want it.

10 Other Spells
---------------
3 Farseek --- allows you to play heavy forest land breakdown without issue, also allows splashing of white
1 Fungal Sprouting --- conditional creature card, yes, but likely to net you 5-7 saps to help end game late.
1 Krenko's Command --- pulls double duty as early fodder to keep you around for bombs, or combos with Arms Dealer late
1 Rancor ---- This is the most important CARD in the deck.  Makes all creatures better, only fears counter/exile effects
3 Searing Spear --- If you didn't put in all 3 you were wrong
1 Volcanic Geyser --- Absolute end gamer card, oh and it is an instant too...

This deck takes advantage of the burn from red, but I didn't want the Arms Dealer to be the only goblin, thus I included Krenko's Command.
It splashes white mostly for Intrepid Hero who gives you ways to deal with things too big for Searing Spear and combos well with Rancor.  ( I missed this combo in my initial build, thanks to those who pointed out why this should be splashed in)

Every card combos or is enhanced by another in this deck to make just about any combination of draws good ones.

The deck tends to be mid-late game, but you can get a nut-fast draw version too.  So it is highly versital, but be sure to not waste your burn.  Even with so much in the deck, you still need to play smart to really make this deck unstopable.  Taking some damage early isn't that big a deal.

The deck has great side board options too:

Opponent relys on enchantments: In Erase and Naturalize
Opponent relys on Artifact(s): In Torch Fiend and Naturalize
Opponent is playing black: In Knight of Glory
Opponent has lots of flying: In Plummet, Serra Angel(need a few plains too), Furnace Whelp
Opponent has alot of creature kill: Ring of Evos Isle
Need a little extra uhmmf: Titanic Growth, Vastwood Gorger

Each of these sideboard cards are good cards, but didn't make the cut for some better options in a vacuum.  But I really feel this final version might be the best overall option.  Look forward to hear why you don't agree.

I couldn't help myself.  With 3 Farseek and 2 Quirion Dryad, I had to utilize everything.
This Deck was built in 0:07:32

Total Deck Size: 42
17 Lands
---------------
9 Forest
2 Island
4 Mountain
2 Swamp

13 Creatures
---------------
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Duskdale Wurm