[LoD] 1) Passing of "Feral troll" and "Dinin Do' Urdern". 2) Cards clarifications.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi,
I have several questions:
1) In two-players game, passing of "Feral troll" and "Dinin Do' Urdern" cards means that these monsters will act every turn (much like villians), this make them much more dangerous than in three (or more) players game.
2) The only available effect of cards like "sudden hope" (discard 1 encounter card of you choise in play) is to remove a trap.
3) "Bracers of the blinding strike" item card grants the ability to use another at-will attack power, using this card together with "last blood" can enable Drizzt to attack 4 times in a single turn!

How should I treat all the above cards in the situations that I described?

Thank you,
guy
I wish i could be more of a help but all i really know is the first question.

1.) Yes, in two player games, those monsters (stated above) activate every turn. and thus are more difficult than if you were to add a third or fourth player.

Question 2 and 3 I am also wondering these questions. For 3, I guess i dont see how he is able to attack four times from the combo.. i would only assume three. 
Drizzt can attack up to 4 times in a round:
2 "regular" attacks, 1 "last blood" (from a previous round), 1 "Bracers of the blinding strike"
Actually, if another player draws an appropriate card, he may also attack once more.
Sudden Hope can discard any Encounter card that gets put in play, like a Curse of Lolth or an Environment. You could be technical and say the trap "card" is discarded in lieu of the trap token remaining in play, but houserule it with your group.

Also, Drizzt has been known to attack monsters in-between games, critting your monsters while they are tucked away in your game box.
Also, Drizzt has been known to attack monsters in-between games, critting your monsters while they are tucked away in your game box.

So thats why my Trolls head had fallen off when i opened my board game yesterday! i thought it was just my dog that had gotten a bite out of it. And i don't have a dog...
Yup. And Wizards wont take responsibility for minis decapitated by Drizzt, so I keep his mini and game cards in a shoebox in a neighbor's house.
Sudden Hope can discard any Encounter card that gets put in play, like a Curse of Lolth or an Environment. You could be technical and say the trap "card" is discarded in lieu of the trap token remaining in play, but houserule it with your group.

Then the functionality of this card is even reduced than what I thought - only to immediately discard curses...
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the trap card get laid beside the active monsters that person has drawn? If that is the case, then the encounter card for the trap would still be in play, and you could use that fortune card.
Sounds good to me.
Drizzt can attack up to 4 times in a round:
2 "regular" attacks, 1 "last blood" (from a previous round), 1 "Bracers of the blinding strike"
Actually, if another player draws an appropriate card, he may also attack once more.

I don't have the game with me, it's with a friend I always play with atm.  But if memory serves me correctly the Bracers of Blinding Strike is limited to an additional At-Will power during the Hero's phase so you can not combine it with Last Blood since that activates during the Villian stage.  And Last blood only gets Drizzt's Stance if you choose to place the stance on the card instead of attacking.  Either way you're getting 3 attacks not 4.  There might be a loop hole if you didn't use an attack the previous round and the stance remained there. 

My question is on abilities that are "use instead of attacking"  Do you have to have something to attack to use them?  During your hero stage you can move and attack, attack and move, or move twice.  If there's nothing on the board to attack can you move once and use an ability (like bringing up Snort or Gwen)?    
With the card you have 3 attacks, and if you're on a stance from previous round then you have 4. QED

I think that it's obvious that you can use those abilities even though you have nothing to attack, actually I think that these are the best situations to use them.