Is there any way I can make my movment speed to telepot at will?

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there any way I can make my movment speed to telepot at will?
There are a few ways to get an at will teleport, at higher levels with specific items you can get some really impressive speed and effects.
Preferences... Not where they should be. Asking someone if they're Trolling you is in violation of section 3 of the Code of Conduct.
Key ones:

Staff of the Traveller: All your shifts become teleports of the same distance.  Requires proficiency with staff implements.

Ethereal Sidestep (Warlock U10): Teleport 1 square as a move action.

Fey Shift (Eladrin Epic feat): Teleport 2 squares as a move action.

Add on the various teleport boosters, and go blink.  Easy enough to get up to 10 or 11 as a move action.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Assault Swordmage provides a variety of teleporting within associated powers which could give you several more teleports per encounter, but not quite at-will.
Warlocks can do it easiest with etheral sidestep, but there are some other options.

Clerics and monks can both do well with staff of the traveler.  Clerics want Staff of Travel feat which gives them a free shift whenever they make a melee attack with a staff and then a staff of traveller turns that into a free teleport with every melee attack.

Correllon warpriests are another build that gets a teleport 3 when they use a divine encounter attack power at level 10.  So that is 4-5 teleports an encounter depending on how you build your PC.
This thread has been moved by VCL request. 

If you have any questions, please contact:
Customer Service 
Nobody mentioned Mithral Arm? :I
Nobody mentioned Mithral Arm? :I

Was going to. Bear in mind this wasn't in CharOp initially...
There's a slight difference between being able to teleport at-will and having a Teleport Speed, the later allows you to charge by teleporting, however the former is typically far easier to increase. As mentioned Mithral Arm, but also the Arcane Wayfarer, among Paragon Paths. Among Epic Destinies: Prince of Hell and Master of Moments.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
Boots of Caiphon + Staff of the Traveller=teleport your speed at will as a minor
Since you aren't technically shifting anymore (staff of the traveller makes it a teleport instead) do Boots of Caiphon still hurt you?
Ours is a world where people don't know what they want, and are willing to go through hell to get it. -Don Marquis
Since you aren't technically shifting anymore (staff of the traveller makes it a teleport instead) do Boots of Caiphon still hurt you?

Nope.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Fire Elementalist, level 23 feature.  "You can teleport up to half your move speed as a move action."

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
Built a Tiefling Elementalist who was teleporting 6 squares as a move at-will at mid-paragon. Secrets of Belial for Etheral Step,  Mark of Passage, Eladrin Boots, Eladrin Ring of Passage, Arcane Familiar Dimensional Pet. That build's objective was to teleport away from allies before he exploded in a burst 3. And since all his teleports are +5, I picked a few encounter teleports too, for easier positioning. At level 24, I was thinking his teleport would go up to 9 or 10, though I can't recall what else I was picking up.

Eladrin Warlock|Something in Chain can go about 9 squares with all the above plus Elven Armor in mid-paragon, more in epic.
Prince of Hell gives you a teleport speed.
Generally considered a sub-par epic destiny for good reason, but it is an option. 
Prince of Hell gives you a teleport speed.
Generally considered a sub-par epic destiny for good reason, but it is an option. 

Yeah, I didn't mention that 6 posts earlier or anything.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
I also like Shadowrift Blades.  They are a bit less reliable (you must hit) and you take a little damage (which you can resist or take advantage of with various things), but it's a free action, at-will.
Though Prince of Hell's teleport you ahve to be careful, since it does fire damage to everyone next to you when you teleport.
There's also the Eladrin 16 Utility Power. That's amazing for a Rogue, as you can have it move you 3 squares and Hide (use a Spiked Chain for a reach Light Blade). Just get concealment in one of the dozen or so ways.
Don't forget that Mark of Passage increases the range of all your shifts from powers by 1.
There's also the Ossassin's Shadow Step, which is an at-will move power. 
I blame my aversion for self-promotion.