Feedback on Planeswalker Points

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
A place to leave feedback about Planeswalker Points.
Michael Robles Community Manager Wizards of the Coast Twitter: @michaelrobles
Regarding this article: www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

There's a section about getting a PTQ top 8 achievement, but the image of the achievement says PT top 8. I'd say there's a difference between the two.

Guskin!  That was actually a good design article, stealthily hidden as an Organized Play announcement.

So good in fact, that you've earned 68 Amarsir points!  Amarsir points give you a way to track your progress in pleasing Amarsir, and when you get to 240 points you will reach the next level and be able to keep earning Amarsir points!

Dave Guskin

Wordspitter: Level 1

Congratulations on your progress.  I'm sure you are every bit as proud as I am of my 32 levels of Planeswalker points.  And coming soon: Amarsir point achievements!  You can earn achievements for writing different types of articles, namedropping smartass forumites in said articles, and using exclamation points in at least 60% of your sentences!

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

Guskin!  That was actually a good design article, stealthily hidden as an Organized Play announcement.

So good in fact, that you've earned 68 Amarsir points!  Amarsir points give you a way to track your progress in pleasing Amarsir, and when you get to 240 points you will reach the next level and be able to keep earning Amarsir points!

Dave Guskin

Wordspitter: Level 1

Congratulations on your progress.  I'm sure you are every bit as proud as I am of my 32 levels of Planeswalker points.  And coming soon: Amarsir point achievements!  You can earn achievements for writing different types of articles, namedropping smartass forumites in said articles, and using exclamation points in at least 60% of your sentences!

Amarsir unlocked an achievement: Satire Sorcerer.

I can't wait to see how many Amarsir Points I got for replying to an Amarsir post! Gotta level up, gotta level up, gotta level up...

Here's what I want from Planeswalker Points: I would like for the website not to automatically log me out whenever I'm inactive for 10 minutes.  Planeswalker Points aren't sensitive financial data; there's no security risk to letting me stay logged in, and it would be really convenient to just be able to leave a tab open.  Is there actually a reason that I shouldn't be able to stay logged in via cookies for as long as (for example) the Wizards forums (two weeks)?

This would really be convenient and doesn't seem like it would take a significant amount of work.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
These are the decks I have assembled at the moment:
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Casual Multiplayer Decks (50)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...
Two suggestions: have achievements for Judges as well as for pure players, and allow people to connect their Community account and their DCI number so that their achievements can be seen here too.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Not sure I understand why these are not retroactive, and the article didn't make even the slightest attempt to explain.

If I've already done those things and they've already been verified and recorded, the only personal goal it represents is getting the PWP system to recognize that achievement in icon form rather than in list form. That's not exactly compelling.
Yeah, I thought it was odd too that it wasn't retroactive. When I was looking at the descriptions for some of the achievements (particularly the Store Squire) I thought to myself "I'm sure I've done that already. sadface."

After reading the article, the 'secret' achievements seem odd to me. Most achievement systems are used not only as bragging rights with friends but as goals that increase replay value of said game. For instance, going for a PP Achievement is a reason to go to your local store more often, or try out more sanctioned formats.  But if you can't set your sights on a particular achievement because the goal is hidden, its just some random thing you might trigger by accident. So it reduces the fun of that achievement, becuase you didn't put in any effort in order to get it.

The other thing I would like to point out is that the image that pops up when you click on an achievement is way too big to be readable on smaller/older screen resolutions. I've got a 1024x768 monitor and the description of the achievement is below the screen with no way of scrolling the pop-up 'window'.  Even on the iphone you have to zoom way out to be able to see the description and by then its too small to read. Its annoying, because this is the only part of the Wizards site that doesn't work for my screen. Even the rest of the PP page displays just fine.
~ Current Decks I'm Playing or Building ~ (Click a deck's name to see list) [] CorpseJunk Menace/Township Counters (Standard) [] Reanimation/Clerics Theme Deck - Commander: Ghost Dad [] Devouring Tokens (Planechase, Multiplayer) [] Krark-Clan Ironworks: 2012 Edition (Modern) [] Azorious Turbo Fog (Modern)
... have achievements for Judges as well as for pure players...

Yeah, that would be great! +1

_________

Hi!

I would like to start a discussion about the ranking of the guilds.

At the moment the ranking is based purely on the total amount of Planeswalker Points earned by a guild's members. However, I can imagine another way of ranking that would also include the average point contribution of a guild's member. Check the following info.

Currently the guilds ranks are these:

Rank by Total Planeswalker Points
RankGuildGuild pointsMembers
1IZZET808275364
2AZORIUS577263617
3DIMIR440762960
4SIMIC419092480
5BOROS268422035
6GOLGARI249652201
7SELESNYA217321733
8ORZHOV210981680
9RAKDOS182421391
10GRUUL12049761

What if we rank the guilds by average point contribution? The ranking based purely on that is this:

Rank by Average Planeswalker Points per Member
RankGuildGuild pointsMembersAverage
1SIMIC41909248016,90
2AZORIUS57726361715,96
3GRUUL1204976115,83
4IZZET80827536415,07
5DIMIR44076296014,89
6BOROS26842203513,19
7RAKDOS18242139113,11
8ORZHOV21098168012,56
9SELESNYA21732173312,54
10GOLGARI24965220111,34

This shows that the most effective guild is Simic at the moment and while the Izzet do outnumber everyone else, this may be based just on the fact that this guild is "cool" :-)
I can imagine that some people will soon leave the minor guilds (minor by points and members) and move to the bigger ones. 

What are your feelings about this? Do you think that the current ranking system is "fair"? Is it good or bad that the minor guilds will have no chance to compete?

By the way, have you noticed that all top 4 guilds contain blue? Do you think that this implies something (like that the Magic players who use Internet are generally "blue-aligned" by color pie principles :-))?

_________

What are the formats for the "every format" requirement of format novice and what are the 15 different event types of the event juggler award?
Suggestion:

Currently every five levels you get access to three pieces of art, and only three pieces of art, from which to choose your avatar. Are there any plans in the future to expand these options, or maybe allow someone of, say, Sorceror level to choose from any of the art of any of their previous levels? I know that would go a long way toward getting me to show off my planeswalker points forum picture thingy in more places: facebook, deckbuilding sites, you name it.

I suggest this because I am currently an Invoker, and my options of avatar are:

- a half-naked contortionish (Alabaster Mage)
- a screaming half-naked contortionist (Bloodrite Invoker)
- a screaming fiery halitosis guy (Firebreathing)

I get that invokers do a lot of invoking, but can there be additional options for non-screamy, non-contortionist diversity's sake?

I miss my Dimir Guildmage art.

*wipes away single tear, before taking off shirt and bending limbs in uncomfortable ways*
Unless I'm missing something obvious to everyone else (in which case - please do enlighten me), there's no way for me to find more details about a specific event. I see the events I participated in, and they include a sanctioned ID... I'd love to be able and navigate to a page giving me more details about that event (eg: who won)
Sign In to post comments