Shadow

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can my 3/3 shadow creature block 3/3 normal creature?

no

702.26b A creature with shadow can’t be blocked by creatures without shadow, and a creature
without shadow can’t be blocked by creatures with shadow. 

How to autocard: [c]gravecrawler[/c] = gravecrawler Find me on kingdomofloathing.com as Adamantois

I am now a rules advisor, thanks rules forum, you guys are awesome and knowledgable.

no

702.26b A creature with shadow can’t be blocked by creatures without shadow, and a creature

WOW is that rule ever worded in a needlessly roundabout way. There's no reason it couldn't just say "A creature with shadow can't block or be blocked by creatures without shadow" and make it both shorter and less confusing.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011

no

WOW is that rule ever worded in a needlessly roundabout way. There's no reason it couldn't just say "A creature with shadow can't block or be blocked by creatures without shadow" and make it both shorter and less confusing.

I guess it's wordier to make it clear (sic) that shadow modifies the rules for blocking it AND it blocking.

I agree with you though. Except if I'm missing something...

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Perhaps to mimic Flying's wording:

702.9b A creature with flying can’t be blocked except by creatures with flying and/or reach. A creature with flying can block a creature with or without flying.

Or perhaps to make it very very clear because, as we've seen lately, there are those who will twist the meaning of the simplest sentences...  

Sorry we had to increase taxes: my limo needs new tires. (eh! they were two weeks old)

Sign In to post comments