Descendant's Path/Index combo ideas?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was just brainstorming the best way to make use of Descendants' Path.  The most obvious thing that stood out was to use it to get free humans in a white/green deck, but then I remembered that Index is a thing which might allow me to get more use out of the card, arranging my top deck to ensure I pull, say, an expensive wurm or something of that matter for free.  I'm having trouble deciding exactly how I would want to use it, though.  Any ideas?
I was just brainstorming the best way to make use of Descendants' Path.  The most obvious thing that stood out was to use it to get free humans in a white/green deck, but then I remembered that Index is a thing which might allow me to get more use out of the card, arranging my top deck to ensure I pull, say, an expensive wurm or something of that matter for free.  I'm having trouble deciding exactly how I would want to use it, though.  Any ideas?

Ya, it's not a very reliable combo deck for the most part. It's kind of slow and clunky. But if you go on with the idea, look for a U/G build with Index, Ponder, and Mwonvuli Beast Tracker.

Team PMP - Practice Makes Perfect

Team GFG - Good F***ing Game

Disclaimer: This member may or may not be associated with Team GFG in any other regard besides his admiration of its members.

Use faith in the absence of science, not in its stead.

Ya, it's not a very reliable combo deck for the most part. It's kind of slow and clunky. But if you go on with the idea, look for a U/G build with Index, Ponder, and Mwonvuli Beast Tracker.

Thanks for the actual response.  I guess it isn't really a tournament-worthy idea, but i bet I could get some fun out of it if nothing else.
I'm pretty sure the best use for Descendant's Path is a Gx tribal deck, like Humans. Not really sure, as I haven't used it outside of EDH

(at)MrEnglish22

I would consider a different tribe than humans. The biggest advantage of Descendent's Path is cheating out big monsters! While you can get plenty of humans out, you won't get many beefy humans, especially not in standard. A free creature each turn is nice, but the bigger and more nasty the creature is, the better! 

One thing, if you do want to take this out of Standard, is to look at Lorwyn Changelings. Then you can have any free monster! But this is Standard, better stick to that. Beasts is always a good tribe, plenty of nasties there. 
I thought the point of Descendant's Path was that you got a lot of dudes out for free. Like Champion of the Parish, Champion of Lambholt and others.

I just don't like the idea of "put lots of expensive dudes in my deck to freebie them out." 

(at)MrEnglish22

I thought the point of Descendant's Path was that you got a lot of dudes out for free. Like Champion of the Parish, Champion of Lambholt and others.

Yep.

30 G/W humans, 4 Descendants' Path, 2-3 Dismember and 23-24 land and go to town.  No big monsters really have a relevant creature type that would allow consistency with the path.  The titans are all Giants, there are hardly any Wurms in the format, Beasts only have a few good dudes.

Right now humans is really the best way to go.
If you want to go casual or Modern, you can use Changelings to make EVERY CREATURE FREE!!!!!!!!!!*

*Some restrictions may apply. 

(at)MrEnglish22

With my descendants path, i went with beasts. i used the garrucks packleader and a bunch of beastly beasts
Ive tried out descendants path in a beast deck. with garrucks packleader, urzas incubator, soul of the harvest, krosan Warcheif, totem speaker, and a crap ton of big beasts with atleast 3 power (for the packleader). its actually pretty fun, and quick and you draw a bunch of cards and lots of BEASTS
^^^^ NOt totem speaker in my beast deck wrong elf... its wirewood savage(whenever a beast enters the battlefield, you may draw a card) doesnt work with descenants path (obviously cuz its an elf) but if u can hard cast it , it really helps

You're better than this catowner. You usually make me laugh.

Anyway, if you really want to jank it up, play Xenograft, or Conspiracy if you're going out of Standard.
Sign In to post comments