Standard Mill

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
So Im making a mill deck just to annoy my freind who hates them and want to run it at FNM. I need some help

LAND: >24
Island x24

CREATURES:> 14

Archaeomancer x3
Fog Bank x4 
Jace's Phantasam x4
Snapcaster mage x3 

OTHER SPELLS:>27

Jace memory Adept x3
Mind Sculpt x4
Sands of Delirium x2

*Sleep x3
*Downpour x3
*Negate x2
*Dream Twist x4
*Mana Leak x3  
*Thought Scour x3

The * section is the part where Im not exactly sure what to do with, the rest of it is where I want I think.
Any suggestions?   Goal is to control creatures while milling. Snap and Archomancer get back Mind Sculpts. Fog bank soaks up whatever creaturs manage to attack, negates and leaks mostly to stop Elixer of Immortality.
Im just not sure on the right mix of control cards and would greatly appreciate the help.
So Im making a mill deck just to annoy my freind who hates them and want to run it at FNM. I need some help

LAND:
Island x16
Sulfur Falls X4
Mountain x2  

CREATURES:

Archaeomancer x3
Fog Bank x4 
Jace's Phantasam x4
Snapcaster mage x3 

OTHER SPELLS:

Jace memory Adept x3
Mind Sculpt x4
Sands of Delirium x3

*Sleep x3
*Downpour x3
*Negate x2
*Divinaton x2
*Mana Leak x3  
*Reverberate x2   

The * section is the part where Im not exactly sure what to do with, the rest of it is where I want I think.
Any suggestions?   Goal is to control creatures while milling. Snap and Archomancer get back Mind Sculpts,Reverberate doubles them. Fog bank soaks up whatever creaturs manage to attack, negates and leaks mostly to stop Elixer of Immortality.
Im just not sure on the right mix of control cards and would greatly appreciate the help. 

Edited deck after some playtesting. Advice still needed
You'd be better off as U/B, since that woudl give you acess to spot removal and targeted sac effects, which are very efficient means of controlling the board. Splashing Red just for Reverb isn't good, since reverb isn't that great to begin with.
Dream Twist and Thought Scour instead of Divination might be good additions.
I edited the deck, forgot about dream twist. As for going u/b ....all the good stuff for b removal rotates I want this to be standard in Oct.
We will still have, at very least:

Barter in Blood
Tragic Slip
Sever the Bloodline
Mutilate
Tribute to Hunger

All of which are valid removal. And there is no saying what ravnica will bring. 
True, but what would I take out to splash that in? If I splashed anything I think it would be G for Fog and Naturalize
I'd start off by taking out the reverbs and the downpours and popping in Murder. Tragic slip is good too.
I want to be Cultured.
Do I really NEED a 2nd color tho? If anything Id run unsummons or vapor snags i think? I dont know, lol thats why Im here. I might still go 2 color but I kinda want to do mono color
Unsummon and vapor snag are tools for tempo decks, that don't care about getting threats removed, just out of the way long enough to kill their opponent. You are playing a long game with mill, and setting them back a turn with unsummon won't really affect much. You need to flat-out remove threats, and that's where black comes into play.
You might give black greater consideration beyond its spot removal. Nephalia Drownyard shouldn't be quickly counted out of a mill deck, and the discard is a great means of control. In my UB that I'm building, Shimian Specter is really pulling its weight, and Duress is a solid card that survives the rotation.

Then there's always the pipe dream of a reprint of Glimpse the Unthinkable with the rav block. I guarantee if that card comes back in rav, U/B mill will be top eighting.
http://thedailydungeon.blogspot.com/ My Daily D&D blog - cities, dungeons, NPC's, and more
b/u green turbo fog is still viable.