Warlord with Twin Strike?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there any way to allow a Lvl 8 warlord to take the ranger power Twin Strike without multi-classing? 

Be a I/2 elf, dilletant gives you a lv1 atwill attack power from another classas an encounter. Martial power2 has a feat that would let you use it twice an encounter.

Be a Hybrid Ranger|Warlord from PHB3. 
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
Nope (being a half-elf get you in 1/enc)

your options are:
1) play a hybrid Warlord/Ranger
2) multiclass(ranger) then Paragon Multiclass (ranger) at 11th.  retrain an at-will for Twin Strike
3) be a Half-Elf, take Twin-Strike as your dilettante power.  At 11th level take 'Versitile Master' feat
4) be a Half-Elf, take the "Half-Elf Polymath" PP, take Twin-Strike at 16th level.
The question u should be asking is why do I want to? It is a power that help your dpr sure. But if that all you are looking at it for don't play a leader
The daily that allows an ally adjecent to the target make a basic attack every time you hit it becomes quite good when you can hit it twice a turn. 
Well that depends on what your party has for MBAs.

For that combo the 1/2 elf or hybrid would work 
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
I dont want to be a half elf, and I dont want to multiclass either.  In the builder, when I tried to make it, I only seemed to get the option for Ranger powers after level 3 for some reason. 

I was hoping there was another way, like a feat or magic item. 
The daily that allows an ally adjecent to the target make a basic attack every time you hit it becomes quite good when you can hit it twice a turn. 

I don't know which daily you mean specifically, but you'd need to be careful with the free-action atack limitations there...
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
I dont want to be a half elf, and I dont want to multiclass either.  In the builder, when I tried to make it, I only seemed to get the option for Ranger powers after level 3 for some reason. 

I was hoping there was another way, like a feat or magic item. 

So, what is the purpose of getting Twin Strike, specifically?  Did you look at the hybrid rules, as was suggested?  A hybrid Ranger|Warlord would be able to pick Twin Strike as one of their level 1 at-will attack powers, along with a Warlord level 1 at-will attack power and would get access to Ranger or Warlord Encounter and Daily powers all thoughout their career, without multiclassing.

What are you trying to do with your character?  Maybe we can give better ideas and tips if we knew what you were going for. 
I think he is thinking of Create Opportunity, which would work well with twin strike one encounter a day as long as he has multiple allies with good basic attacks.

There are three options for getting twin strike: half elf (with versatile master in paragon for it to be at will). hybrid ranger, or paragon multiclassing ranger.

The problem is that unless he designs the PC well it won't be worth it.  With Hybrid Ranger you can load up on immediate encounter powers like friendly fire and disruptive strike.  The problem with that is that it would need to be a str/dex build, which means you are missing out on all the good riders that both classes get and you would probably miss out on a lot of the other good warlord enabling powers that way.

Half elf works too and if he took adept dilletante/versatile master could go str primary and then go with charisma or wisdom as a secondary stat.  That is two feats to make it work right and means he can only mc ranger and twin strike only becomes at will in paragon.  He could go 18 15 8 10 10 15, 18 10 8 10 16 13, or something similar.
This thread has been moved by VCL request. 

If you have any questions, please contact:
Customer Service 
Sign In to post comments