PSN Disconnected?

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
In the past 2 day's I have been getting this message during a match, or while in lobby.  "disconnected from PSN" the funny thing is that I am still connected and all of the people that were in the lobby all recieved the same message.  weirder than that it only goes on for about 3 hours constantly dropping games and then stops happening?!?!
Same happens here to me on PSN.
I am still online, but the game does disconnect me and says that msg.
Same here, last night it happened to me like three games in a row. Pretty annoying when you're a few turns away from winning Cry It seemed to get worse when more people were online so I don't know if the two are related to eachother.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Same here and its even happened to me just waiting in a lobby. This only started after the update for me as well.
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Same here and its even happened to me just waiting in a lobby. This only started after the update for me as well.

What update? Any changes?
I had it happen to me once, for the first time, yesterday. I was about two turns in and the opponent suddenly was replaced by AI. Then about 5 seconds later it booted me back to the main menu and said I was disconnected from PSN. But I was still signed in.
Same here,   ben getting booted  randomly  and  unable to create or join games all day.    Despite a perfect connection.
Today I tried the 2012 DotP and got this same disconnect, same message soo frustrating trying to get games going when they all seem to just drop.

I believe the firmware update for the ps3 at the beginning of July. I noticed a huge drop problem after that and doing some goggling, found players of other online MP games are having issues. Wrote to PS. Of course they deny that the firmware could possibly cause any problem.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Maybe it is not the firmware update because I'm still on 4.20 (since the latest is optional only).
I have i happen a few times here or there but 3 times tonight I got dropped in the middle of a game. 
Had some serious connection issues again last night. Everything was going fine, I'm in the middle of a game while suddenly my opponent "leaves" while he has been all but defeated. Next two games I get kicked out after like 10 seconds and then I get the message I'm signed off from PSN. For the first time however, I get an error message from PSN and actually get signed off. Reset my PS3 and managed to get back online but after that, every attempt to create or search a game resulted in a "connection failed" message.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
@Wizards_Sean

Is this issue something on Wizards side or PSN? The game is about unplayable now

I believe the firmware update for the ps3 at the beginning of July. I noticed a huge drop problem after that and doing some goggling, found players of other online MP games are having issues. Wrote to PS. Of course they deny that the firmware could possibly cause any problem.

Ah sonys classic wall of silence tactic where in if they dont acknowledge the problem there isnt one. Just like they did with the experia ICS update.

P.S on a side note sony hasnt made a profit in 10years im sure there hoping ps4 will dig them out of it but as i can see RRp being close to £1000 i can see them falling off the map.

I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best

Ah, thought it was just me. Pretty much as described above: opponent is suddenly replaced by AI, and then a split second later I am returned to opening screen as my connection to PSN has apparently been lost, even though it obviously hasn't. Have no idea whether the opponent is actually quitting or whether they are also being booted.

Its usually the whole room that gets booted. It's been happening to me in 2HG games with people on my friends list and all 4 people are getting booted. It's like the game crashes server side or something.
This is seriously starting to annoy me - try playing twice in a row and just boots me out - after first few seconds
I am not sure if its all on Wizards end.. I was playing BF3 after getting annoyed with MTG and got disconnected SEVERAL times on there too either saying kicked by admin or lost con with PSN.... getting kicked 4 times in a row seems unlikely by an admin on 4 different servers.. I think its a Sony update issue myself.. didn't start happening until they updated things.. 
Ok, well who care's about money anyways.  I really want to finish these games I start you know.  Magic is one of those games were I really enjoy getting beat in unique sort of way's that I couldn't predict and most of the time that doesn't seem to happen.  The whole PSN dc'd issue seems to just be a sony bug for all you WOC guys reading here and sony has posted that they will be doing a server update to try and keep all of its customers going online. 

us.playstation.com/support/answer/index....

its gonna happen tonight, 8/2/2012, at midnight - 2am (PDT)

I hope this will bring back all those players that have been avoiding gameplay due to the drops.

Long live MTG!
HonorMe it says on there its an update for the PSN store.. Hopefully they sneak in a fix for the disconnect issue anyway.. I do love the game as well and the disconnects are annoying.. I need my MTG fix.. Foot in Mouth
2 day's and there hasn't been a single disconnect =)
So was there a patch that needs to be downloaded?  I can't join/create an online Magic game.
There was an update last week for the PS firmware, v4.21, I think. It has solved the PSN disconnection issues
Sign In to post comments