YMtC League

314 posts / 0 new
Last post

Welcome to the YMtC League, a massive contest designed to run until the end of time. It will test your abilities to design cards consistantly and continually. Cards will be made, Judges will be judged, points will be calculated, and winners will be crowned.

The league is essentially an eternal "join as you please" style contest, with rounds about every 48-72 hours. Each round has a 24 hour submission stage, then a 24-48 hour grading stage. If the current judge for the round is absent, then whoever choose the criteria for the current round may choose a new judge, or have that round be scored by community vote. Whoever is declared the winner of that round gets to choose the criteria for the next round, and may pick a judge from a list of volunteers, or choose to have the round's winner decided by vote.

Each player who participated in the round gets points equal to the judge's score, or if it's a voting round, however many votes they got. This does in fact mean that certain judges will give many more points than others. This teaches designers to learn how to create cards for particular people, as every judge appreciates different designs, just as every player does. Points are tracked for a month, and then whoever has the greatest ammount of points is declared the monthly winner. Number of wins and lifetime points will all be tracked, so don't worry about your bragging rights.

So let's get down to business:

ROUND ?:

Judge: ?

Criteria: find a judge and someone who still cares about this :c

Volunteer Judges

Sleeping
Altimis -> Any day but friday
Imidazoline -> Sometimes
silasw -> Any day but friday and saturday
vlord -> Most of the time
silly_dragons
Dr_Demento
magicpablo666
Fistarnius

Lifetime Points

NamePoints    WinsRounds ParticipatedAverageOverall Point WinsHighest Average WinsParticipation WinsMost Wins wins
ConfusedAsUsual4932770                11
Fenix46118571
vlord451285611
altimis314652
Morgothra309247711
magicpablo6662991649
an_endless_epidemic234458
Dr_Demento2021367
TEA_DEMON156352
Silly_Dragons139269
Degauss63163
Ragnarokio57157
Aviv_Ds_Knight57319
infinight55155
febbstalicious4246146
Kablooie30130
aescarion28128

What cards can I make or this round?
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
My People Tallies
MagicPablo666: 1 ChaosLight: 1

A business card. But really this is just to get a list of judges for people to pick
I'm not at all qualified to judge, but this sounds awesome :O
I'll judge. I have a suggestion about the banner too. I say we make another thread and vote on what the community thinks are some of the best designed cards in Magic's history and put those into a banner.
I'll judge. I have a suggestion about the banner too. I say we make another thread and vote on what the community thinks are some of the best designed cards in Magic's history and put those into a banner.

Do it! As long as they have nice art I can put anything in it
I will gladly volunteer to be an as needed judge.

I'm probably going to be too busy to be a "full-time" judge (I have two contests going), but I can judge every once in a while. Any day really works well for me except for Friday Nights (FNM) usually.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
I'll judge as and when I can.
<- Completely free to judge for the next month.
IMAGE(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1374/linkaraemrakul.png)
It's been a while since I judged anything, but I can go for this. Free basically any day except for Friday night/Saturday morning.
Hanging Judge --
Creature - Human Judge
(), : Destroy target tapped creature.  If that creature is white or black, gain two life. Otherwise, its controller loses two life.
1/1
I pledge allegiance (i.e. I'll judge). I am flexible with days and such.

Cheers, vlord.
I can judge until I get bored and inexplicably disappear for a few months.
A little bit of courage is the real magic.

A business card. But really this is just to get a list of judges for people to pick

I can judge until I get bored and inexplicably disappear for a few months.

^That.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Dr. D and Silly you guys make me so happy ;-;

please post cards in my threads they are special places to me

All restraints upon man's natural liberty, not necessary for the simple maintenance of justice, are of the nature of slavery, and differ from each other only in degree. -Lysander Spooner - "Trial by Jury" (19th century)

If you are unhappy with the recent update, especially if you are leaving or are thinking of leaving, please email me at gameostasis@gmail.com so we can talk about a solution. 

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Dr. D and Silly you guys make me so happy ;-;

We mostly don't disappear at the same time? 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Round 1: Look Outside. What Season is it where you live? Make a card inspired by that season.
Submission Stage Ends at approximately 24 hours at 4PM Central Time.

I call Imi to be the first judge. If he can not make it then Sleeping can be the backup.

Blazing Crusader - 1WR
Creature - Human Knight
First Strike
R: ~ gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
0/1 

please post cards in my threads they are special places to me

All restraints upon man's natural liberty, not necessary for the simple maintenance of justice, are of the nature of slavery, and differ from each other only in degree. -Lysander Spooner - "Trial by Jury" (19th century)

If you are unhappy with the recent update, especially if you are leaving or are thinking of leaving, please email me at gameostasis@gmail.com so we can talk about a solution. 

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Let's see. Imi's the judge, eh?

Heat
Creature - Incarnation
Whenever a creature deals damage to another creature, it deals that much damage to that creature's controller as well.

"Who'd of thought his robes would be so flammable?", Shovorice asked, before he 'walked home. His heart full of satisfaction, even if his fingers were a still sizzling a little.

Flavor text meant to imply a duel between Planeswalkers. Don't know how clear that is. Also, Chaos, you can add me to the judge roster if you want. I promise to catch each and every pun.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I have no idea what I'm doing, but let's party.

Unpredictable Skies
Enchantment
Non-creature spells cost less to cast.

At the beginning of each opponent's ending phase, they may exile Unpredictable Skies.

"Make war while the sun shines."

Inspired by the British summer.
Hot and Damp
Enchantment
Whenever an opponent activates or triggers a creature's ability, tap that creature.
Are we allowed to lie about our location.
Unbearable Drought :R::R:
Enchantment
Cumulative Upkeep :R:
Other spells have "as an additional cost to cast this, sacrifice a land".

Round 1: Look Outside. What Season is it where you live?

You wouldn't believe me.
Neverending Draught
Enchantment
At the beginning up your upkeep, you may flip a coin. If you win the flip, put two prayer counters on Neverending.
Spells you control cost more to cast.
When Neverending Draught has six or more luck counter on it, transform it.
In the desert, it never rains...
---------------------------------------
Torrential Downpour
Enchantment
Spells cost less to cast.
At the beginning of the each endstep, remove all counters from [b]Torrential Downpour[/mc] and transform it.
...But it still pours.

In Texas, Summer is drought season, and yet, we still randomly get thunderstorms. I messed with the counter machinations to stop proliferate shennagins.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Summer Bloom
Sorcery
You may play up to three additional land cards this turn.
Summer sends its kiss with warmth and blooming life.

Do I win.
Actual submission.

Sandy Beachfront
Land
: Add to your mana pool. If you control no creatures, add to your mana pool instead.
Sunrise brings a cacophony of swimmers to interrupt the quiet speculation of the moon.

Summer means beaches right?

You wouldn't believe me.

I believe nothing, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

@Dr_D: As they say in Texas, if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes. I've never heard anyone say it though >_>
Witchitaw Linesman --
Creature - Human Rigger
Each creature's power is equal to the number of lines in its text box.
Each creature's toughness is equal to the number of mana symbols in it's mana cost plus one.
2/2
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.

You wouldn't believe me.

I believe nothing, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

@Dr_D: As they say in Texas, if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes. I've never heard anyone say it though >_>

I hear it said on occasion, but it isn't exactly news to anyone... Also in the summer, Thunderstorms are still hot.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Summer means a few things to me...
1) Stay inside to keep cool
2) Stay in the shade to keep cool
3) Go to the beach to keep cool
4) Pray for winter
in short, it means making more work to keep cool.

Solstine Sun --
Enchantment (U)

Triggered abilities of creatures don't trigger unless that creature is untapped.
Each activated ability has "Tap this untapped creature" as part of it's cost.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Heat
Creature - Incarnation
First strike
As long as Heat is in your graveyard and you control a Mountain, creatures you control have: ": This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn"
"God, I hate heat." -Fenix
0/3

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
WHERE I LIVE, WE DON"T HAVE SEASONS!!!!
(Unless you count monsoon seasons >.> oh wait... ...)

I will just assume it is summer due to the heat.

Sweltering Heat -
Instant
Until the end of turn, creatures with toughness 2 or less can't attack, block and its activated abilities can't be activated.
"Pant buckets." - Aerzian expression for 'A really hot day'.

Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
I don't really care if you lie about your season, as long as the card is seasony. Now wait for purple shrimp to make a pun card about seasoning.
Song of Storms
Enchantment

Whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his or her mana pool of any type that land produced.
At the beginning of each upkeep, each player returns a permanent he or she controls to its owner's hand.

I have found the secret of posting sigs! Kablooie's symbol Palette: 2U 
Sudden Blooming

Enchantment

Permanents have ': Add to your mana pool.'

'Sudden Blooming'
— Elven phrase meaning 'Beautiful'
hibernate
enchantment
when ~ enters the battlefield, exile target creature you control.
at the beginning of your upkeep, put a sleep counter on ~. 
when ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield with x +1/+1 counters on it, where x is the number of sleep counters on ~. 
Round over an hour ago now bug imi mercilessly.
Comments will be made, but they will be very short.

Blazing Crusader - 1WR
Creature - Human Knight
First Strike
R: ~ gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
0/1 

Needlessly white and inefficient because of it. I think first strike is actually OK in red.
57/100

Let's see. Imi's the judge, eh?

Heat
Creature - Incarnation
Whenever a creature deals damage to another creature, it deals that much damage to that creature's controller as well.

"Who'd of thought his robes would be so flammable?", Shovorice asked, before he 'walked home. His heart full of satisfaction, even if his fingers were a still sizzling a little.

Flavor text meant to imply a duel between Planeswalkers. Don't know how clear that is. Also, Chaos, you can add me to the judge roster if you want. I promise to catch each and every pun.

Good incarnation, I like it. NO P/T.
35/100

I have no idea what I'm doing, but let's party.

Unpredictable Skies
Enchantment
Non-creature spells cost less to cast.

At the beginning of each opponent's ending phase, they may exile Unpredictable Skies.

"Make war while the sun shines."

Inspired by the British summer.

'Counterspells cost 2 less to cast until your next turn. Oh, and this can shaft you SO BADLY.'
28/100

Hot and Damp
Enchantment
Whenever an opponent activates or triggers a creature's ability, tap that creature.

I like the card and the inferred flavour, but that's still the worst name ever.
63/100

Unbearable Drought :R::R:
Enchantment
Cumulative Upkeep :R:
Other spells have "as an additional cost to cast this, sacrifice a land".

It's fine, it just seems oppressive and unfun. Just like a real drought.
55/100

Neverending Draught
Enchantment
At the beginning up your upkeep, you may flip a coin. If you win the flip, put two prayer counters on Neverending.
Spells you control cost more to cast.
When Neverending Draught has six or more luck counter on it, transform it.
In the desert, it never rains...
---------------------------------------
Torrential Downpour
Enchantment
Spells cost less to cast.
At the beginning of the each endstep, remove all counters from [b]Torrential Downpour[/mc] and transform it.
...But it still pours.

In Texas, Summer is drought season, and yet, we still randomly get thunderstorms. I messed with the counter machinations to stop proliferate shennagins.

Double red card for a double blue discount seems amazing random.
29/100

Summer Bloom
Sorcery
You may play up to three additional land cards this turn.
Summer sends its kiss with warmth and blooming life.

Do I win.
Actual submission.

Sandy Beachfront
Land
: Add to your mana pool. If you control no creatures, add to your mana pool instead.
Sunrise brings a cacophony of swimmers to interrupt the quiet speculation of the moon.

Summer means beaches right?

Hey, I like this. Good example of a dual that doesn't need to EtB tapped.
79/100

Witchitaw Linesman --
Creature - Human Rigger
Each creature's power is equal to the number of lines in its text box.
Each creature's toughness is equal to the number of mana symbols in it's mana cost plus one.
2/2

I don't get it. I don't like that this has a toughness of five and a printed one of two. Seems like a really random hoser for vanilla / French vanilla creatures.
46/100

Summer means a few things to me...
1) Stay inside to keep cool
2) Stay in the shade to keep cool
3) Go to the beach to keep cool
4) Pray for winter
in short, it means making more work to keep cool.

Solstine Sun --
Enchantment (U)

Triggered abilities of creatures don't trigger unless that creature is untapped.
Each activated ability has "Tap this untapped creature" as part of it's cost.

Good concept, but you haven't specified activated abilities of creatures - needs to read 'permanent'.
65/100

Heat
Creature - Incarnation
First strike
As long as Heat is in your graveyard and you control a Mountain, creatures you control have: ": This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn"
"God, I hate heat." -Fenix
0/3

Everything has fire breathing is pretty freaking strong. The idea is fine, but it just seems wrecked.
41/100

WHERE I LIVE, WE DON"T HAVE SEASONS!!!!
(Unless you count monsoon seasons >.> oh wait... ...)

I will just assume it is summer due to the heat.

Sweltering Heat -
Instant
Until the end of turn, creatures with toughness 2 or less can't attack, block and its activated abilities can't be activated.
"Pant buckets." - Aerzian expression for 'A really hot day'.

Hmm, interesting. This is mega flexible for a 2 mana instant, preventing swings, punching through damage and forcing early activations (realistically).
68/100

Song of Storms
Enchantment

Whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his or her mana pool of any type that land produced.
At the beginning of each upkeep, each player returns a permanent he or she controls to its owner's hand.

A nice nod to Storm Cauldron. Still broken.
30/100

Sudden Blooming

Enchantment

Permanents have ': Add to your mana pool.'

'Sudden Blooming'
— Elven phrase meaning 'Beautiful'

Actually sweet and Spring-y. Nice. A good symmetrical ramp ala Upwelling.
84/100

hibernate
enchantment
when ~ enters the battlefield, exile target creature you control.
at the beginning of your upkeep, put a sleep counter on ~. 
when ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield with x +1/+1 counters on it, where x is the number of sleep counters on ~. 

Interesting, but unwieldy. Good work in the colours and synergises well with traditional cards like Tranquility.
56/100

My pick is vlord!

Thanks for the PM Silly.