Pair

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have unpaired Spectral Gateguards in play. Can i pair it with watchwolf when it enters the battlefield or only creatures with soulbond can pair each other when coming in play?
You can pair it with Watchwolf just fine. You can pair your Soulbond creature with any (unpaired) creature.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

I wrote it kinda badly, i ment if watchwolf is played right now, can it triger soulbond even that wolf dont have soulbond?
yes
proud member of the 2011 community team
That's because soulbond represents two triggered abilities, the second of which makes it possible:

702.93a. Soulbond is a keyword that represents two triggered abilities. "Soulbond" means "When this creature enters the battlefield, if you control both this creature and another creature and both are unpaired, you may pair this creature with another unpaired creature you control for as long as both remain creatures on the battlefield under your control" and "Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, if you control both that creature and this one and both are unpaired, you may pair that creature with this creature for as long as both remain creatures on the battlefield under your control."