Deployment & creatures in graveyard

12 posts / 0 new
Last post

I'm hoping the rules for this is clear, but I can't actaully find word-1 on the subject in the rulebook.

When a creature is destroyed, it's card is "moved to the Graveyard".
During deployment you can deploy creatures from hand such that the total level of deployed creatures does not exceed your current command level.

What I can't find is any statement about whether creatures in the Graveyard still count as deployed or not. I certainly don't see a sentence saying that that don't. 

So have I simply missed the relevant sentence?

Or do they infact still count as deployed??

To go along with that question, I never found anything in the rules that states the definition of the graveyard. Is it something that creatures could be pulled back from or when a creature is moved to the graveyard are they immediately removed from the game for the duration?
I noticed that too....If you've never played Magic the Gathering I can imagine you woulnd't know what a graveyard was. It's probably pretty much the same, but should be explained in a rules update I think.

Now I can answer questions about what happens to creature cards in the graveyard, but all my experience would be based on what a graveyard is in MtG not in DC, so strictly speaking I don't know!
Apply Occam's Razor: When a creature is killed, and put in a Graveyard, I think it's reasonable to surmise that it's dead. I.e., out of the game for the duration, and doesn't count toward your total levels of deployed creatures. Because it's dead.

That said, I'm sure the undead faction will have something to say about that.
I'm hoping this is the case. It is how I have played it ... A destroyed creature on the graveyard no longer takes part in the game and does not count towards the warbands level limit.

If it wasn't the case, it would be forever waiting to deploy the copper dragon if it is not in your starting warband/hand.
A destroyed creature on the graveyard no longer takes part in the game and does not count towards the warbands level limit.

That is correct.
Chris Dupuis Tabletop Games Designer Dungeons & Dragons Twitter: gameguruchris
Thanks for confirming that ChrisSmile
Is it something that creatures could be pulled back from or when a creature is moved to the graveyard are they immediately removed from the game for the duration?

Currently, there are no Orders or abilities that return creatures from the graveyard. We will see if that changes when Curse of Undeath releases (I hope so!).
I could see a creature having an ability like "When you deploy [this guy], also deploy one creature from your Graveyard." You'd still have to have the Leadership to handle the additional levels, but I think that'd be pretty cool. 

Currently, there are no Orders or abilities that return creatures from the graveyard. We will see if that changes when Curse of Undeath releases (I hope so!).

That would be pretty cool. 
The card "Behind Enemy Lines" states that you can immediately place a creature. It doesn't say the creature has to be in your hand, in the deck or in the graveyard. It doesn't say it has to follow the level limit rule.

What's the answer here? 
The card "Behind Enemy Lines" states that you can immediately place a creature. It doesn't say the creature has to be in your hand, in the deck or in the graveyard. It doesn't say it has to follow the level limit rule.

What's the answer here? 

You can immediately deploy a creature. Use all normal deployment rules (from your hand, must be under your leadership limit). The only rule the card is allowing you to break is deploying a creature outside of your deploy phase.