Favorite Deck You've Ever Built

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mine is an angel deck I built...
Here it is:

Planeswalkers-
2 Elspeth Tirel

Artifacts:
1 Sol Ring

Creatures:
4 Golden Glow Moth
4 Leonin Skyhunter
4 Cathedral Sanctifiers
2 Student of Warfare
2 Serra Ascendant
1 True Believer
2 Lightkeeper of Emeria
2 Goldnight Redeemer
1 Baneslayer Angel
1 Avacyn, Angel of Hope

Spells:
4 Day of Judgement
2 Divine Favor
2 Erase
4 Angels Mercy
4 Armored Ascension

19 Plains



It's been a decade or so since then, so I don't remember every single piece of it, but my favorite deck I've ever built was mono-green, circa Urza's Destiny. It used 4 Birds of Paradise, 4 Llanowar Elves, 3 Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary, 4 Giant Growth, 4 Might of Oak, 2 Overrun, 4 Thorn Elemental, and 2 Rhox to deal tremendous damage in very few turns.

I would fairly consistently put a virtually unblockable 7/7 onto the battlefield by turn three, sometimes two of them by turn four. Even my mana birds were hideously dangerous, thanks to Might of Oak.

(This deck got its ass kicked in a tournament by a third turn Serra Avatar, via Show and Tell.)
To whom it may concern: it's getting really old, being unable to see the top half of anything autocarded in the first post of each thread. Fixplz,kthx.
holy **** is Rofellos broken
I wasn't familiar with this insanity before
proud member of the 2011 community team
I consistently produced seven green mana by turn three with that deck.  It was a monster—but not without its weaknesses.  I didn't value artifact hate nearly enough in the block that produced the Masticore, unfortunately.
To whom it may concern: it's getting really old, being unable to see the top half of anything autocarded in the first post of each thread. Fixplz,kthx.
probably my WB Lich deck
it's pretty lichin'
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Freezer Burn


A little light in the land department, but it has been a pretty solid casual deck for years. It's been tweaked a lot since I first put it together, sometime before '99. I don't play it often because it tends to wreck people hard, more than one or two games and people get sick of it. It also does reasonably well in 3+ player games.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Hmm.  I'd probably have to go with the only deck I ever played where I won a tournament.  It was pretty much a bog-standard Ernham-Geddon deck.  Green mana acceleration (elves, birds), a few durable green fatties like Ernham Djinn, and lots of white removal.  The ideal play is to float 8 mana, set off an Armageddon, then use the floating mana to play the Djinn.  Proceed to smash face.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
I really enjoy my Elemental deck (with Flamekin Harbinger, Smokebraider and a toolbox of strong Elementals).

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

I have a few favourite decks.

- my Uril, the Miststalker EDH deck
- my Extended Elf deck (G/r)
- my (now banned) G/W Stoneforge Mystic/Fauna Shama/Vengevine deck

~ Tim
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
My selfmill turbofog deck that goes infinite is pretty fun, but since one might as well compare deck strategies and declare a winner beforehand I rarely play it.
Show
Obligatory and Preliminary Smiley Reservoir: IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/Wee.png)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/Dancing%20AIM.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/rawr.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/ghgh.png)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/%5D%5D.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/luv.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/circle.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sly.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/turtle.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/jade.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/proud.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wilson.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/pcXQL.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/blushing.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/proud.png)
I'm not going to post card by card but basically it was


One game I had 3 Parallel lives out and I cast Spider Spawning with 11 creatures in my graveyard and I created 88 spider tokens in one turn and the turn after that I used its flashback for 88 more. Unfortunately he had a primordial hydra that was like 160/160 and a fog in his hand so I couldnt attack and he couldnt attack because of blood artist. Next turn I drew army of the damned and created 104 zombie tokens, flashbacked it and his hydra was a 640/640 and then I drew killing wave and won.
I don't exactly know what my favorite is, but I used to have this Esper control deck with Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer and Sen Triplets the was loads of fun to play. Another fun deck was a Counterburn deck with Honden of Infinite Rage and Honden of Seeing Winds.
My favorite is definitely my spellbomb deck. I like it not only because it's easily my most powerful deck, but also because it's one of my most creative and different decks. It bears something of a resemblence to the modern-style "Eggs" deck, but it wins in a very different way.

I originally built it a little after Darksteel came out. It was a WUB deck, and its purpose was to use the spellbombs and Chromatic Sphere to dig, dig, dig with the option of having a useful effect. It'd dig for land with which to cast Summoning Station. Leonin Elder, Disciple of the Vault and Moriok Rigger were also present. The more digging that went on, the better.

Once I got a Summoning Station out, I'd just get so many pincers that I could run over everyone. The problem is that it took a good while for Summoning Station to come out, even after I added Wayfarer's Bauble. Conjurer's Bauble was also added at this time.

When Alara came out, the deck changed. Etherium Sculptor was a thing, as was Salvage Slasher. I needed these, and I also added Vedalken Archmage. I took out the Summoning Stations,  the Wayfarer's Baubles, took out the white, and stuck with just UB.

The deck can be truly terrifying, very reliably getting wins on turn 4 or 5, if not before. Twice now I've played it as the Archenemy against 3 other players. Only one of those two groups even managed to deal damage to me. Neither came close to winning. It was vowed that we'd never do that again.

It rarely sees the light of day since it's far outside of the power level typically present in our casual sphere. If we encounter someone new and they're just asking for a beatdown, however, I bring it out.
Definitely my Pirates deck. The deck had so much synergy it was crazy. My friends hated it early on because it was tough to combat every trick I had. I've changed the list over the years, but the core of the deck has stayed the same. You win by either stealing a bunch of stuff with gilded drake and bouncing it to your hand or you win through dealing minor damage and an 8-10 point Parallax Tide + Ankh of Mishra combo. Additionally you can keep bouncing Parallax Tide when the counter are low to keep pulling off the combo.

Creatures:
3x Gilded Drake
4x Rishadan Cutpurse
4x Rishadan Footpad

Instant/Sorcery:
4x Counterspell
4x Boomerang
4x Brainstorm

Artifact:
4x Ankh of Mishra

Enchantment:
3x Mark of Eviction
4x Seal of Removal
4x Parallax Tide 

Land:
18x Island
4x Rishadan Port
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
I have a deck that uses Parallax Wave and Opalescence with a bunch of virtual vanillas.

I also have a deck that ended up with something like a 101/104 Vampire Nighthawk once.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
My favorite:


Best deck with all commons: (Built prior to the frantic search ban)
Major Tide
 
[deck]

4 High Tide
4 Frantic Search
4 Cloud of Faeries
2 Snap
4 Ideas Unbound
4 Compulsive Research
4 Words of Wisdom
4 Conjurer's Bauble
1 Drafna's Restoration
3 Gigadrowse
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Preordain
14 Island
SB: 1 Gigadrowse
SB: 4 Disrupt
SB: 4 Counterspell
SB: 1 Drafna's Restoration
SB: 2 Echoing Truth
SB: 1 Tome Scour
SB: 2 Early Frost
[/deck]



Favorite deck for Legacy:
Books and Branches

 [deck]

4 Tarmogoyf
4 Force of Will
4 Daze
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Preordain
4 Tropical Island
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Island
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Land Grant
4 Shadow Rift
4 Lorescale Coatl
4 Berserk
4 Quirion Dryad
SB: 4 Ravenous Trap
SB: 3 Steel Sabotage
SB: 2 Hurkyl's Recall
SB: 3 Hydroblast
[/deck]

 

Sig
Disclaimers
My initial responses to rules questions are usually just answers. If you want an explanation as to why, say so. Just because it says I'm there, I'm not necessarily there. I leave my browser open so I don't have to reload ~30 tabs. Anyone who wants to text duel me through either PM or chat can just PM me with a format (and a time if playing through chat). I don't play standard.
# Card Blind Hall of Fame
3CB
3CB #1 (1/30/11): Won by silasw, with Mishra's Factory, Orzhov Basilica, Vindicate. 3CB #2 (2/13/11): Won by Vektor480, with Mishra's Workshop, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs 3CB #3(2/20/11): Joint win between defuse, with Saprazzan Skerry, Scalding Tongs, Energy Field; and Mown, with The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Inkmoth Nexus, Sheltered Valley 3CB #4(3/13/11): Won by Mown, with Keldon Megaliths, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Boros Garrison 3CB #5(3/20/11): Won by silasw, with Black Lotus, Channel, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
5CB
5CB 1 (3/6/11): Won by Maraxus-of-Keld, with Tropical Island, Thallid, Nether Spirit, Daze, Foil
quotes
56819178 wrote:
So, how would I use a card that has a large in the top half and "sui?l? -- pu?? ?is?q" across the middle?
57031358 wrote:
99113151 wrote:
Winning is not important if: 1. You win by a blowout. 2. You pay billions of dollars in cards to win. If you like wasting money just to win one game, while you could have saved it to lose a few and end up winning more in the future, then it is fine by me.
what? do you ceremonially light your deck on fire after a win?
57169958 wrote:
Or did no one notice Transmogrifying Licid before. (And by not notice, I mean covered their ears and shouted LA LA LA LA )
57193048 wrote:
57169958 wrote:
Hmmm... I think the most awkward situation at the moment is simply the Myr Welder / Equipment / Licid / Aura craziness, but I'm pretty sure he's aware of it.
If the most awkward thing going on right now involves Licids, I declare victory.
56287226 wrote:
We regret to inform you of Trevor Kidd's untimely demise in an unfortunate accident involving a mysteriously blown breaker box and a photophobic creature of unknown origin at his home near Renton, Washington. We at the Wizards Community apologize for any inconvenience or delay, and assure you we'll be preparing a replacement to assume his duties as soon as we finish warming up the cloning vats.
[02:47:46] It doesn't merely "come out of suspend" - you take the last time counter off, and then suspend triggers and say "now cast that! CAST IT NOOOOOW!" [02:47:49] Because suspend has no indoors voice
[10:11:33] !opalescence [10:11:33] Opalescence {2WW} |Enchantment| Each other non-Aura enchantment is a creature with power and toughness each equal to its converted mana cost. It's still an enchantment. · Reserved,UD-R,Vin,Leg,Cla,USBC [10:11:51] *sigh* [10:12:10] Otecko: Do you have a question about Opalescence? [10:12:17] sure [10:12:23] $10 on humility interaction [10:12:25] :P [10:12:29] :D [10:12:47] humility + opalescence put into play by replenish
Ego
58325628 wrote:
Mage is awesome, BTW.
56967858 wrote:
Dear Mage24365, You are totally awesome. Thank you so much. I hope you are able to dine in Paradise without kicking the bucket to actually get there, and that every dollar you ever make magically becomes two more.
58158398 wrote:
56761258 wrote:
I don't think there are any cards like that. There are things that prevent you from activating activated abilities, things that increase their cost, and things that counter them, but I don't think anything triggers from them specifically. There are things that trigger from targeting, so that might be relevant, but I can't think of anything that triggers from targeting a player. I'm almost positive there's nothing that triggers from damage being prevented.
Rings of Brighthearth; Dormant Gomazoa; Samite Ministration.
56761258 wrote:
Well played.

 

It will always and forever be my deck that animates cloudposts and clones them.
My favorite deck is my currently finished one, my aggro/control merfolk deck :D

4x Silvergill Adept
4x Lord of Atlantis
4x Master of the Pearl Trident
4x Merfolk Sovereign
4x Merrow Reejerey
4x Aquitect's Will
4x Ponder (Favorite Card)
2x Merrow Commerce
4x Mana Leak / Deprive
4x Boomerang
4x Halimar Depths
18x Island

It's a very straight foward and fast to play deck I think, and has done great both in duels and in multiplayer. It's most general strategy sorrounds my merfolk pumping eachother along with the power of Islandwalking with a little control cards to make sure the strategy works as soon as possible

All I need are 4 of my pumping merfolk (and at least one of my Master of the Pearl Trident or Lord of Atlantis, 1 Aquitect's Will and 1 Merrow Commerce to alter my offense into a defense. All in all, with those six cards (and assuming my opponent lacks life gain) I have a sure win by turn six if I get everything lol.

I freakin love my merfolk!!!
Hard to chose between my  Aku-Spike deck and my Artifacts deck based on snakes and monkeys tokens.


Both are effective but also have everybody guess what they're about. I'm only playing online now, but even my partners in multi can't (most of the time) figure them out even if they see my hand. lol
My decks, mostly casuals, but some I use online with some small changes: http://www.mtgvault.com/Profile.aspx?UserID=91484
I have a deck that uses Parallax Wave and Opalescence with a bunch of virtual vanillas.

I also have a deck that ended up with something like a 101/104 Vampire Nighthawk once.


I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is a big fan of the Parallax cards. I used Parallax Wave in my rebels deck as basically an overrun that would remove creatures I could not deal with. I also used Parallax Nexus in one of my black decks. Nexus is pretty solid but not nearly as good as the other two.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
Merfolk bro, how come you don't use Wanderwine Prophet? That's about the number one combo matera with the Sovereign. 


Anyways, I don't really play anymore. I don't even really like my ultimate build from my old days. It was a reanimator and I don't just don't care for cheap win decks like that anymore. I've built some other nice decks, but never really anything I fancy too much. I do like a deck I made for another member her recently. New Wave Angels and another old one Prismatic Treefolk and lastly, Holy Vengance are some of the neater ones. Really simple decks. I don't think I have a favorite though.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Merfolk bro, how come you don't use Wanderwine Prophet? That's about the number one combo matera with the Sovereign. 


Probably because it costs 6?  You should be winning before then.

Favorite decks are, as ever, Blood Funnel combo, creatureless draw/discard shenanigans with Burning Inquiry/Liliana's Caress/Spiteful Visions/etc., and Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker EDH.

I should really build something new at some point...

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Keep in mind, this deck was built back when I was inexperienced and around 4th Edition/Ice age when there weren't a lot of fatty fliers, and 4 mana vaults were legal.  I loved this deck I used to wipe people out with it.


4xSerra Angel
4XErhnam Djinn
4xMana Vault
4xArmageddon
4xWrath of God
4xSwords to plowshares

Various assorted mana dorks/other spells, I forget what I filled the rest of the deck out with.  Simple concept but effective.  Basically I would be able to have Serra Angel or Erhnam Djinn on the board at turn 2 by playing the Vault on T1.  Wrath of god/armageddon to board clear and wipe out all lands, and have enough mana to drop a fatty on the board for midgame/endgame. 

141434757 wrote:
Thread is so legit it's unbelievable, lol. Though I'm interested in knowing what gain there is to fish here. No, foreign prince, I will not invest in your grand profitable banking corporation.
Merfolk bro, how come you don't use Wanderwine Prophet? That's about the number one combo matera with the Sovereign. 


Probably because it costs 6?  You should be winning before then.

Favorite decks are, as ever, Blood Funnel combo, creatureless draw/discard shenanigans with Burning Inquiry/Liliana's Caress/Spiteful Visions/etc., and Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker EDH.

I should really build something new at some point...


Yeah my deck is suppose to be fast. Anything higher than  is too slow for me haha
Of all the decks I've built my favorite was my old black Necropotence deck.  It was fast, and had multiple ways to win.  I had a blast with it, my opponents not so much.
Fast or not, those lords are generally removal bait. If you can get the Prophet onto the battlefield, you can assault non-stop to victory in most cases. Only 18 islands is a very low count. I'm wonder how well that deck actually does, despite all the synergistic content. If it works for you, then that's all that matters. I was just trying to help in any case.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Fast or not, those lords are generally removal bait. If you can get the Prophet onto the battlefield, you can assault non-stop to victory in most cases. Only 18 islands is a very low count. I'm wonder how well that deck actually does, despite all the synergistic content. If it works for you, then that's all that matters. I was just trying to help in any case.

No, no I appreciate the suggestion :D You're right, my lords DO tend to be removal bait, however I have so many they can't remove them all (at least not before I either win/lose the game anyways). I have a total of 22 lands by the way, it's just that 4 of them are the Halimar Depths. All in all my deck does actually VERY well both in duels and in multiplayer, giving me a pretty quick win. I've played it about 10 times and won 8 out of those ten.
My favorite decks have always been geared for multiplayer free-for-alls.

The oldest and most tinkered with is the UB Underworld Dreams deck, but my UR Prosperity/Firestorm deck is there, as well.

Honorable mentions go to W Soldiers, B Baneful Omen/Relentless Rats, R Kaboom!, and R Furnace of Rath.

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
Right now it's a Orzhov deck that I am running, it's just so fun to use.
I have a deck that uses Parallax Wave and Opalescence with a bunch of virtual vanillas.

I also have a deck that ended up with something like a 101/104 Vampire Nighthawk once.


I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is a big fan of the Parallax cards. I used Parallax Wave in my rebels deck as basically an overrun that would remove creatures I could not deal with. I also used Parallax Nexus in one of my black decks. Nexus is pretty solid but not nearly as good as the other two.



The trick to the Wave is this:

Play Opalescence and Wave.
Play virtual vanillas.
Exile the virtual vanillas.
Exile the Wave (since it's a creature), bringing all creatures exiled with it back, including the Wave itself.
Repeat.
???
Infinite PROFIT!

Works even better with Keldon Champion, so you can Bolt your opponent every iteration.

In non-combo decks, it's almost a strictly-better Journey to Nowhere, albeit for more.

Parallax Tide is nice for the same reason, albeit with (much more dangerous) lands.

The three are also hilarious (if slightly insane) with Balance. Yeah, um, I've got no lands, no cards in hand but Balance, floating, and no creatures. LOL
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Don't forget that you can activate its ability in response to itself to remove all of your opponents' creatures and itself (in that order); because it leaves the battlefield first, your opponents' creatures are perma-exiled (it's the Oblivion Ring/Boomerang trick writ large).

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

I totally missed those four nonbasic. As I said though, if it works for you, that's all that matters. I think though, more card advantage/scry would be helpful to cycle those important creatures to the top.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

How are we defining "built" here? I loved the TEPS deck I "built" (netdecked). And the Elf Combo deck which was also netdecked. I mean, I had to buy the cards, sleeve them, put them into a pile, and shuffle them. That should count for something.

My favorite original idea was my Sigil of the Empty Throne deck, and the deck where I used Guile and Dovescape to create an infinite combo after I learned how those cards interacted. 

Orzhova Witness

Restarting Quotes Block
58086748 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
Disregard women acquire chase rares.
There are a lot of dudes for whom this is not optional.
97820278 wrote:
144532521 wrote:
How;s a 2 drop 1/2, Flying broken? What am I missing?
You're missing it because *turns Storm Crows sideways* all your base are belong to Chuck Norris and every other overused meme ever.
Hard to choose from all my precious babbus, but some of my mains:

Grip of Chaos + Avarice Totem

Manlands

****-Buddies (It's like Superfriends except instead of having a coherent strategy they mostly sit around and proliferate)

 Mindshrieker

Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker

How You Get Ants

And honestly the deck itself is kinda eh, but I love Angel Beats mostly because I'm proud of the name and amused by how well it fits.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
The first deck I built that was ever any good (and became my favorite as a result) involved Liquimetal Coating, Manic Vandal, and Sun Titan recursion shenanigans.  It was very effective at the time, since people loved their myr decks and swords in the Scars block.  I still have the deck, but I've tweaked it into not working that well any more (tried to make it Modern).  I stopped playing it when Phyrexian Crusader was released and infect was getting its 15 minutes of fame.


I have a humans deck that I play in Standard right now that got my 7th place last week at FNM.  I could make it even better with Sun Titan or something, or going green, but I like the American flag colors theme.  It's fun to play and I would call it my favorite deck that I've built for the current Standard.
Show

CMC 1
Champion of the Parish (4)

CMC 2
Gather the Townsfolk (4)
Nearheath Pilgrim (2)
Lightning Mauler (3)
Snapcaster Mage (4)
Feeling of Dread (2)
Revoke Existence (2)

CMC 3
Silverblade Paladin (2)
Fiend Hunter (4)
Sword of Feast and Famine (1)
Mass Appeal (2)

CMC 4
Day of Judgment (2)
Hero of Bladehold (3)

Cavern of Souls (4)
Seachrome Coast (3)
Glacial Fortress (4)
Clifftop Retreat (4)
Plains (7)

Not sure why 3 cards are missing from my count... but no access to my deck at the moment.  That's the gist of it anyways

Sideboard cards:
Mirran Crusader (3)
Vulshok Refugee (2)
Manic Vandal (3)
Oblivion Ring (3)
Celestial Purge (3)
Planar Cleansing (1)
MY current favorite is a tossup between the red/black burn deck I made a couple of years ago, and am still refining, or the red/blue burn/control deck I am building now which is in of itself hilarious.
How are we defining "built" here? I loved the TEPS deck I "built" (netdecked). And the Elf Combo deck which was also netdecked. I mean, I had to buy the cards, sleeve them, put them into a pile, and shuffle them. That should count for something.

My favorite original idea was my Sigil of the Empty Throne deck, and the deck where I used Guile and Dovescape to create an infinite combo after I learned how those cards interacted. 



I can't think of a name for that deck, but Louise Erdrich already did.

****-Buddies (It's like Superfriends except instead of having a coherent strategy they mostly sit around and proliferate)



Thank you, now I have to burn all my Ajani and Venser cards now that I know what **** buddies is.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Thank you, now I have to burn all my Ajani and Venser cards now that I know what **** buddies is.


Well, they're mostly my two favorite walkers in the deck (Venser because Venser, Ajani because of an inside joke), if we wanna talk about the pairs that actually fit the theme:
Chandra Nalaar + Venser, the Sojourner and Nissa Revane / Elspeth, Knight-Errant + Sarkhan the Mad.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Let's see for my favorite deck to play is my faithless looting deck that I am still refining. It's 5 colors and uses miracle, and flash back. Its not my strongest deck it's just so much to drill away looking for answer.

Otherfavorite decks

My mono-red goblins it can usually win turn 3 or 4
Esper control
I have a stasis/mill. It can lock the board down pretty good then just mills away with dreamborn muse. My opponents can,t stand it super boring
Boros deck
 

The best deck for me was the first "Tier 1-ish" deck I ever built which was Dralnu U/B in Timespiral standard. A monkey could control the game with that deck real permission control, but it was only viable for a little while if I remember rightly.


Thank you, now I have to burn all my Ajani and Venser cards now that I know what **** buddies is.


Well, they're mostly my two favorite walkers in the deck (Venser because Venser, Ajani because of an inside joke), if we wanna talk about the pairs that actually fit the theme:
Chandra Nalaar + Venser, the Sojourner and Nissa Revane / Elspeth, Knight-Errant + Sarkhan the Mad.



What? No Garruk and Lili? I am disappoint.

Thanks, though. I was afraid I was going to have to fursecute you.

Somehow, I get this image of Sarkhan the Mad in a Kaalia of the Vast deck.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt