Do I hear a... Phyrexian Mox?

47 posts / 0 new
Last post
Infection Mox |
Artifact
:TAP:: Add to your mana pool, place a -1/-1 counter on each creature you control.
:TAP:: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool, you get a poison counter.
The very mana itself will corrupt them!
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
My People Tallies
MagicPablo666: 1 ChaosLight: 1
Funniest thing about this card: if you removed either ability, it'd still be horribly broken.
Horrid Mox
Artifact
Put a -1/-1 counter on a creature you control, T: add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too good.

(p)(p)(p)(p)(p)(p)(p)(p)(p)(p)
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. 
How about:

Infection Mox |
Artifact
During your upkeep, proliferate.
: Add to your mana pool, place a -1/-1 counter on each creature you control. Proliferate.
: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool, you get a poison counter. Proliferate.
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
Fix it by giving it more upsides
How about:

Infection Mox |
Artifact
During your upkeep, proliferate.
: Add to your mana pool, place a -1/-1 counter on each creature you control. Proliferate.
: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool, you get a poison counter. Proliferate.

reread proliferate if you think that makes it worse
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Why?
My Philosophies
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
Infection Mox |
Artifact
During your upkeep, proliferate counters placed by ~.
: Add to your mana pool, place a -1/-1 counter on each creature you control. Proliferate counters placed by ~.
: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool, you get a poison counter. Proliferate counters placed by ~.
My Philosophies
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
Neither of those downsides matter though. You can circumvent the first one by not playing any creatures, you can circumvent the second one by just not playing against an infect deck.
How about:

Infection Mox
, put a -1/-1 counter on target creature an opponent controls: Add to your mana pool.

Won a TPmanW contest with Demonic Arbitrator. (see below) My username is a simple continued fraction. Look it up. My favorite cards I've made:
Show
Æther Rider Creatuere - Spirit (U) Vanishing 0 (This permanent enters the battlefield with zero time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) Flying : Put a time counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability. It comes on the wind, from realms unknown. 2/2 Kaldurian Behemoth Creature - Beast (R) Mana produced by lands may not be used to pay ~'s mana cost. Trample On Kalduria, the beasts are too good to eat common grass. 10/10 Demonic Arbitrator Sorcery Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. If any player paid life, repeat this process. If a player paid more life in total than any other, that player searches his or her library for a card and puts that card into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library. "Your sacrifice has been judged worthy. What power do you require?"
lol
How about:

Infection Mox
, put a -1/-1 counter on target creature an opponent controls: Add to your mana pool.

mana abilities can't target gg wp
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
I know.
Then it's not a mana ability, fine.
Won a TPmanW contest with Demonic Arbitrator. (see below) My username is a simple continued fraction. Look it up. My favorite cards I've made:
Show
Æther Rider Creatuere - Spirit (U) Vanishing 0 (This permanent enters the battlefield with zero time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) Flying : Put a time counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability. It comes on the wind, from realms unknown. 2/2 Kaldurian Behemoth Creature - Beast (R) Mana produced by lands may not be used to pay ~'s mana cost. Trample On Kalduria, the beasts are too good to eat common grass. 10/10 Demonic Arbitrator Sorcery Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. If any player paid life, repeat this process. If a player paid more life in total than any other, that player searches his or her library for a card and puts that card into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library. "Your sacrifice has been judged worthy. What power do you require?"
ok
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
I know.
Why?

Proliferate. (You choose any number of permanents and/or players with counters on them, then give each another counter of a kind already there.)

I guess what you want something like "Put a -1/-1 counter on a creature you control then put a -1/-1 counter on each creature you control with a -1/-1 counter on it".
Or you could have your opponents Proliferate.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
This is how I'd do it (it adds Phyrexian Mana to your mana pool... sorta)

------ Mox :0M:
Artifact
------ Mox enters the battlefield tapped. 
:T:, Pay 2 life: Add :1M: to your mana pool.
This is my take on the concept of a Phyrexian Mox:

Phyrexian Mox
Artifact
You may treat colored mana costs as if they had .

As for colorless, I have the Phyrexian Engine:

Phyrexian Engine
Artifact
Pay 2 life: Add to your mana pool.

I remember the first time we had this talk. Good times!~
In case anyone forgot, here were my takes on it. Feel free to tip if you like...

Trollscience Mox
Artifact
: Add any amount of colorless mana to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast spells. If a spell is cast with this mana, you lose life equal to its converted mana cost.
~~~~~iFINITE MANAz!!!~~~~~

Manaburn Mox
Artifact
: Add to your mana pool. At the end of each phase this turn, you lose life equal to the amount of mana emptied from each player’s mana pool.

Bloody Rainbow Mox
Artifact
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast multicolor spells. If you do, you lose life equal to the number of colors that spell is.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Trollscience Mox
Artifact
: Add any amount of colorless mana to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast spells. If a spell is cast with this mana, you lose life equal to its converted mana cost.
~~~~~iFINITE MANAz!!!~~~~~

That's Kul
banefire's converted mana cost is 1

guys, free mana needs to have serious hoop-jumping to get printed 
Banefire's cmc in the hand is 1. On the stack, it's X+1. You would lose 21 life before your opponent takes 20 damage (I think).
Show
How about:

Infection Mox

Costs can't target either, which is the actual problem with the card.

Also, yes, I think that Mox would count Banefire's cmc on the stack. Also, yes, it's broken. Not that I entered this thread not expecting a lot of that everywhere.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

This is my take on the concept of a Phyrexian Mox:

Phyrexian Mox
Artifact
You may treat colored mana costs as if they had .

As for colorless, I have the Phyrexian Engine:

Do you even know what a mox is? this isn't even close. It doesn't tap, it costs more than any mox ever made, and it doesn't even add mana to your mana pool. The only thing that it actually has in common with a Mox is that it's an artifact.
Phyrexian Mox -

Artifact

: The next spell you cast this turn costs less and (one phyrexian colorless) more.
Phyrexian Mox
Artifact
, Pay 2 life: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

This effectively allows you to make normal mana into phyrexian mana, without mucking about in cost-changing effects. I feel this is a much more elegant solution.
Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.
Both of those are broken though. Turning normal mana symbols into Phyrexian mana symbols is a really powerful effect, because paying 2 life is nothing if you are getting discount spells.

Costs can't target either, which is the actual problem with the card.

dweeb
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
I know.
Phyrexian Mox |
Artifact

: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Phyrexian Mox – (p)
Artifact
(p), : Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. 

PORTRAIT OF A PLANESWALKER – Coming October 13th, 2013

IMAGE(http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/385.gif)

Do you even know what a mox is? this isn't even close. It doesn't tap, it costs more than any mox ever made, and it doesn't even add mana to your mana pool. The only thing that it actually has in common with a Mox is that it's an artifact.

Mm, yes, I realized that thinking back on various Moxen such as the ever so versatile Mox Opal. Perhaps I should call it the Phyrexian Lotus instead? Anyway, the function for converting colored mana costs into phyrexian mana originally belonged to the Engine before I realized that Moxes were often used for colored mana. So, I decided to make the Engine produce colorless mana instead. That seemed to fit the concept of an engine better anyway.

How about this:

Phyrexian Mox
Artifact
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool and you get a poison counter.

Waaaaaaay too good.  If your opponent isn't playing infect, you get 9 uses with no drawback.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Newbie's Mox
Artifact

: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool. You lose life equal to the total converted mana cost of all cards you own that are outside the game.

I have found the secret of posting sigs! Kablooie's symbol Palette: 2U 
A balanced cycle:

Norn's Pearl (/p)

Legendary Artifact

, pay 2 life: Add to your mana pool.

It brings all together in death.

Gitaxian Sapphire (/p)

Legendary Artifact

Staring in the sapphire, Jin-Gitaxias could see other worlds.

Jet of Sheoldred (/p)

Legendary Artifact

If she had a soul, it would be as dark as this gem.

Ruby of Urabrask (/p)

Legendary Artifact

So beautiful, so dangerous.

Glissa's Emerald (/p)

Legendary Artifact

The emerald, found in the green lacuna, both comforts and disturbs her.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
A balanced cycle:

Norn's Pearl (/p)

Legendary Artifact

It brings all together in death.

Gitaxian Sapphire (/p)

Legendary Artifact

Staring in the sapphire, Jin-Gitaxias could see other worlds.

Jet of Sheoldred (/p)

Legendary Artifact

If she had a soul, it would be as dark as this gem.

Ruby of Urabrask (/p)

Legendary Artifact

So beautiful, so dangerous.

Glissa's Emerald (/p)

Legendary Artifact

The emerald, found in the green lacuna, both comforts and disturbs her.

Vintage and legacy would probably use 1 of each in every deck that already uses moxes. Modern and standard might too, depending on how fast aggro is, although aggro would love these too.

I like Novacat and bay_falconer's ideas. But why Glissa instead of Vorinclex? Sure, she's arguably the true boss of the Swarm, but Vorinclex is the Green Praetor.

GUYS

ANCIENT TOMB

LIFE LOSS IS NOT ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY FREE EXTRA MANA

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
GUYS

ANCIENT TOMB

LIFE LOSS IS NOT ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY FREE EXTRA MANA

THAT'S ALMOST WHAT I SAID, SO I BASICALLY AGREE WITH THE KROSAN BEAST.
I like Novacat and bay_falconer's ideas. But why Glissa instead of Vorinclex? Sure, she's arguably the true boss of the Swarm, but Vorinclex is the Green Praetor.

Vorinclex doesn't look like one to keep things.

Elesh Norn would hallow them if they resembled something in the Argent Etchings.
Jin would study them.
Sheoldred would keep them "just in case".
Urabrask would keep them if they were sufficiently beautiful.

Vorinclex? Not so much. Plus, I wanted the flavor.

My moxen also play off of the Ancestral Recall cycle: They're worse than a mox in three ways.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I just had an idea: Instead of a Phyrexian Mox, why not have a Phyrexian Ingot?