Modern UW Sublime Angel Deck

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

Just wanted to get some critiques and advice for a modern UW deck I'm building that focuses around Sublime Angel and the exalted ability.

I'm open to any and all suggestions, thanks! 

Just wanted to get some critiques and advice for a modern UW deck I'm building that focuses around Sublime Angel and the exalted ability.

I'm open to any and all suggestions, thanks! 

Err Ponder is banned in Modern

Here is what I would run

[deck]
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Inkmoth Nexus
8 Plains
6 Island
(22 Lands)

3 Lost Leonin
4 Fiend Hunter
3 Knight of Glory
4 Sigiled Paladin
2 Sublime Archangel
1 Battlegrace Angel
4 Blighted Agent
(21 Creatures)

4 Mana Leak
4 Path to Exile
3 Serum Visions
3 Slieght of Hand
1 Sword of Fire and Ice
1 Sword of Light and Shadow
1 Sword of Feast and Famine
(17 Other Spells)
[/deck]

Alright, so here is an updated deck list, any more suggestions?

Yes, why aren't you playing my infect version, it seems like a obvious choice to me Exalted and infect = Block or die very quick.
Tell me all about infect in melira(+angel kiki jiki) dominated format. Please do. Infect creatures are bad,  small and require too much work to be good. Not worth it(Actually infect WAS amazing when blazing shoal was around. Now it sucks)
I want to avoid infect because I already have (and just recently made) a mono-green infect deck. In addition to that, there really isn't much in the way of UW infect cards besides Blighted Agent and Lost Leonin (which doesnt even have evasion), so I dont really want to rely solely on drawing those two cards. If I start attacking with my other creatures, and then draw an infect creature, all the previous damage dealt really doesnt mean much and then it doesnt really speed the game up at all.
Creature base I would run:

4 Akrasan Squire
4 Aven Squire
4 Knight of Glory
4 Sublime Archangel
3 Sigiled Paladin
3 Restoration Angel
3 Invisible Stalker
3 Geist of Saint Traft

And take 3 Infiltration lens out.