Magic Arcana / Card of the Day / Daily Deck for August, 2012

210 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of magicthegathering.com's Magic Arcana, Card of the Day, and Daily Decks features for the month of August, 2012.
yay for more multi collored decks in DoP
all of my randoms:
Show
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
Is there a release date?  I love DotP.
Is there a release date?  I love DotP.

What is DoP or DotP?

The release date for the Return to Ravnica is October 5/12 with PreRelease on Sep 29th and 30th.
www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.a...

I just have a few issues with how they seem to be doing this and it seems quite off.  For those who may not remember the original 3 sets of Ravnica and associated guilds were:

Ravnica 1/3 - Had 4 Guilds Selesnya (G/W), Boros (W/R), Golgari (B/G) and Dimir (U/B)
Guildpact 2/3 - 3 Guilds being Gruul (G/R), Orzhov (B/W), and Izzet (U/R)
Dissention 3/3 - 3 Guilds being Simmic (U/G), Azzorius (W/B) and Rakdos (B/R)

So they obviously tried to even out the guilds between the sets, of course this didn't work out perfectly with just the first set since it was really great to be able to go Selesnya & Golgari for strong creatures and removal, 2nd set you would add Orzhov without having to add another colorbut if you did Red was a great splash opening you up with both Boros & Gruul.  2-4 Colors for Sealed and 2-3 for Draft was VERY common with that block, I even remember one time  during draft managing to get one of the 4 color Dune-Brood Nephilim out on turn 3 one memorable FNM.

Anyway why do they have 5 Guilds in Return to Ravnica?
Ok while thinking on that last question and thinking of the next one I was going to ask which would have been "Are they just going to use the original cards or will they all be new or half and half?", I realized that maybe they will answer both my concerns by releasing 5 guilds in each of the first 2 sets, all being cards that were in ravnica, and then add new cards to every guild with the final set.

Azorius, Izzet, Rakdos, Golgari, and Selesnya. Huh just realized that gives each color 2 guilds so it is quite a bit more balanced than the original first set which only gave Red and Blue 1 guild each.

I remember that I had just gotten back into magic at the end of the Kamigawa Block when Savirous came out a long time ago and didn't enjoy it to much as I had to take longer than everyone else when drafting or sealed most of the time since I was totally unfamiliar with Champ/Betrayers and Saviors so had lots of cards (600) that I had not seen yet where most of the others only had the newest 150 to concern themselves with.

Being in at the beggining of Ravnica and just loving the cards and there effects and all the different combos was just a good time in my memory.  I guess that downside to them bringing this back is that they will probably be sucking me back into magic when I have pretty much completely extracated myself at this point in time except for the occasional friendly game or sealed. ;)

OMG just realized they are going to be bringing back the possibility to use Transmute to get out Battle Of Wits again.  I really neever wanted to see this deck back in Standard.
Duels Of The Planeswalker. It's the useless videogame that wotc releases each year (been 3 years now).

Let me guess, this expansion won't be free, right?

Boring stuff...

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Is this really how they wanted to announce how they are dividing the guilds up between the two large sets? No splashy graphic? No paragraph blurb? Just a box with text?

In fairness, DotP is actually pretty amazing. In fairness.

Is this really how they wanted to announce how they are dividing the guilds up between the two large sets? No splashy graphic? No paragraph blurb? Just a box with text?

In fairness, DotP is actually pretty amazing. In fairness.

They made the announcement of the split before

www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
bingo.

I need to pay more attention to those announcements.

OMG just realized they are going to be bringing back the possibility to use Transmute to get out Battle Of Wits again.  I really neever wanted to see this deck back in Standard.

I believe that in the announcement they gave in the Comic Con they revealed that none of the mechanics from the original Ravnica Block would appear this time round, and that each guild would be getting new mechanics with some flavorful connection to the old ones. So, no Transmute, but there could be something related to it (Transfigure, maybe?).

Also, time to guess This Week's CotD Theme!

Show

Cards seem to be related to regular weekly columns in the Mothership, so far we had From the Lab (Lab Rats) on Monday, ReConstructed (Reconstruction) on Tuesday and Uncharted Realms (Boundless Realms) today Wednesday. My guess is Perilous Research tomorrow for the column of the same name and Research // Development for Latest Developments on Friday.

ςคгภย๒คк
¡ǝʌoɯ ǝɹnʇɐubıs

It's Roberto Castro!  Can you change my name on the Green Team article? Thanks!
I believe that in the announcement they gave in the Comic Con they revealed that none of the mechanics from the original Ravnica Block would appear this time round, and that each guild would be getting new mechanics with some flavorful connection to the old ones. So, no Transmute, but there could be something related to it (Transfigure, maybe?).

That seems kind of odd but now that I think on it the only real "Guild" mechanic that stayed around was Gruuls Bloodthirst.

Orzhov - Haunt
Dimir - Transmute
Boros - Radiance
Simic - Graft
Azorius - Forecast
Izzet - Replicate
Rakdos - Hellbent
Golgari - Dredge
Selesnya - Convoke

Most of the others listed here never saw that light of day again sadly even though they had a lot of potential.  I really like Haunt and Forecast for their uniqueness.  Ah well hope they keep one or two of these for each guild.

Also going to enjoy the guild mages again.  Some of them were so rediculously good that you first picked them over 90% of the rares.  Selesnya, Azorius, Rakdos, Gruul and Golgari were probably the best.

Also, time to guess This Week's CotD Theme!

Show

Cards seem to be related to regular weekly columns in the Mothership, so far we had From the Lab (Lab Rats) on Monday, ReConstructed (Reconstruction) on Tuesday and Uncharted Realms (Boundless Realms) today Wednesday. My guess is Perilous Research tomorrow for the column of the same name and Research // Development for Latest Developments on Friday.

Seems like you were on the nose with the theme :-)

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."

Most of the others listed here never saw that light of day again sadly even though they had a lot of potential.

First off, Future Sight had several cards that used the various Ravnica abilities.

Also, just because they haven't been reused to a major extent yet doesn't mean that they won't get reused in the future.

We have only had 4 new style core sets where they bring back a mechanic and there are more mechanics than just the Ravnica ones.  Give it some time and some of the others could be reprinted.  Although the only ones I can see them reprinting again are Forecast, Haunt, and maybe Graft.  While I like Radiance and it's association the the Boros Guild I doubt it would be reprinted as it is more effective with multicolor.  Transmute and Dredge will likely never be seen again as tutors and recurring cards are fairly dangerous.  I don't think Convoke is likely to be seen again either as getting spells out for a reduced cost is also pretty good, though it has a better chance.  Replicate is half and half for me. 
  First off, Future Sight had several cards that used the various Ravnica abilities.
  Also, just because they haven't been reused to a major extent yet doesn't mean that they won't get reused in the future.
  We have only had 4 new style core sets where they bring back a mechanic and there are more mechanics than just the Ravnica ones.  Give it some time and some of the others could be reprinted.  Although the only ones I can see them reprinting again are Forecast, Haunt, and maybe Graft.  While I like Radiance and it's association the the Boros Guild I doubt it would be reprinted as it is more effective with multicolor.  Transmute and Dredge will likely never be seen again as tutors and recurring cards are fairly dangerous.  I don't think Convoke is likely to be seen again either as getting spells out for a reduced cost is also pretty good, though it has a better chance.  Replicate is half and half for me. 

The only mechanic other than Bloodthirst they used in Future Sight was Dredge I believe.  I could be wrong but can't remember off hand.
  Also bringing back, or returning to, Ravnica WITHOUT bringing back the guild abilities seems kind of odd and wrong.  I agree they could limit the number of cards they brought back with each mechanic so that they are more for flavor though.  But eliminating them all just seems wrong.

Also regarding Convoke, it's a joke in anything but Draft/Sealed.  Considering how many bord wipers there are in standard it's just sad, it's just setting yourself up for a bored wipe and loss.  Also the cost of convokable cards was drastically increased to make up for that. 

Compare Overun to Overwhelm.  Clearly the non convoked one is superior, Trample and 2 less mana, and they are both uncommons.

OverwhelmOverrun

You can check out the other convoked cards below.
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Defaul...[Convoke]

A couple cards I would love to see back are Chord of Calling and/or Devouring Light.  Also Blind Hunter and Orzhov Pontiff were nice.

Chord of CallingDevouring LightBlind HunterOrzhov Pontiff
I love how you say Convoke is a joke, then reference Chord of Calling, a card that is just plain nasty in Melira Pod decks in Modern.

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."

The only mechanic other than Bloodthirst they used in Future Sight was Dredge I believe.  I could be wrong but can't remember off hand.
  Also bringing back, or returning to, Ravnica WITHOUT bringing back the guild abilities seems kind of odd and wrong.  I agree they could limit the number of cards they brought back with each mechanic so that they are more for flavor though.  But eliminating them all just seems wrong.

Yep, you're way off. Bloodthirst is one of the 4 mechanics which didn't make it into Future Sight (the other three being Haunt, Raidance and Replicate). The other six, however, got reprinted and a few were even combined with other mechanics, like morph or shadow.

Ravnica mechanics in Future Sight:

Angel of Salvation, Kavu Primarch, Sprout Swarm - Convoke
Cutthroat il-Dal, Gathan Raiders, Gibbering Descent, Keldon Megaliths - Hellbent
Dakmor Salvage - Dredge
Llanowar Reborn - Graft
Spirit en-Dal - Forecast
Tolaria West - Transmute
Dude!  Thanks for featuring my CMDR deck!  I'm forever tweaking things, so if anyone wants to see the current up-to-date list, it's at tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scion-of-the-ur-...
I'm Mike, from The Mana Pool

Also regarding Convoke, it's a joke in anything but Draft/Sealed.  Considering how many board wipers there are in standard it's just sad, it's just setting yourself up for a board wipe and loss.  Also the cost of convokable cards was drastically increased to make up for that. 

Board wipers are an issue to any deck that overcommits to creatures.  That is an issue of deck style rather than the mechanic.  Although the fact that the mechanic wants you to use a lot of creatures does lead to such situations.

As to your example of Overrun vs Overwhelm, Convoke doesn't really work well for the card because you want to have as many creatures untapped as possible to use Overrun style cards.  That is an issue with a mechanic interfering with a card's natural use.

However, the cards with Convoke need to have a higher cost in order to prevent a situation where the cards require little creature investment to get out a bunch of free or very reduced cost cards. 

Also regarding Convoke, it's a joke in anything but Draft/Sealed.  Considering how many bord wipers there are in standard it's just sad, it's just setting yourself up for a bored wipe and loss.  Also the cost of convokable cards was drastically increased to make up for that.

Don't forget EDH, where Chord and Sprout Swarm at least are pretty good (sprout swarm mostly for combo, chord so you can go Avenger of Zendikar -> chord -> Regal Force, new hand - wrath me, I don't care  ^_^).

Compare Overun to Overwhelm.  Clearly the non convoked one is superior, Trample and 2 less mana, and they are both uncommons.

More importantly (in my opinion), the Convoke on Overwhelm is pretty self-defeating as a sorcery...  tapping guys to convoke means those guys don't get to help squish the opponent.  If it was an instant you could do silly tricks with it and a mass-vigilance granter, and it would be ok even if costed at 8 or 9.  

Now, as to Conley's Scion deck, as a person who played a Scion deck pretty constantly for a year or more, I have some notions born of experience:

1.)  Quicksilver Dragon.  No one ever sees it coming.  "No, Oblation *your* general."

2.)  Why is Conley not running Chameleon Colossus??  Beats black point removal, and once you fly past ground blockers you can then start doubling for a one-shot kill.

3.)  Along the same lines as above, Shapesharer.  There are times when you just want a copy of something.  They drop an Avatar of Woe and move to put Greaves on it.  2 + 2U = make your Scion an Avatar and shoot theirs before it can shoot back.

4.)  Scourge of Kher Ridges.  There are a lot of good activated-ability dragons but this is pound for pound one of the best.  The ability to react to suddenly-created hasty armies (hi Genesis Wave!) is pretty useful in my opinion.  

Also, I'm just saying that running non-Dragon jank like Jotun Grunts and Gurzigost (and yes, I know Grunts are amazing in other formats, but in EDH they're just a puny ground body with no abilities that gets shoved aside in a fight), rather than running Mistveil Plains, Elixir of Immortality, or any number of other "restock" effects that *don't* lose to a Disk, seems odd to me from a deckbuilder as good as Conley.  One of the primary rules of EDH is, "Disk Happens", which is why Volrath's Stronghold is worth so much more than Oversold Cemetery.  :P
Shouldn't Wednesday's CotD be Realms Uncharted instead of Boundless Realms?

And any help in auto-carding would be nice, thanks :D

First, you can look up autocarding in the forums to find out what you need.

Second, in order to autocard a card you format it like this: [c}Boundless Realms[/c] switching out the } with a ] to make Boundless Realms.

First, you can look up autocarding in the forums to find out what you need.

Second, in order to autocard a card you format it like this: [c}Boundless Realms[/c] switching out the } with a ] to make Boundless Realms.

Thanks. Sorry for having to ask it here

It could have been, but:  

A) I wanted to only have one card that was the exact name of a column, and
B) I try to have at least one card in the week be from the current set. 
Man, that RUG titan deck... Seems like every now and then a deck pop's up that's key cards are ALL mythics.  It just seems wrong, you know.  [sigh]
It's probably just a difference with the artists interpretations, but the circlets don't look the same (even though they are quite similar).  Ajani's has a dark colored gemstone in the center and the Healer of the Pride's circlet has a gold center.

If the circlets are tribal markings, then you would think that they should be the same coloring, even though the designs themselves are different (Ajani's being worked into the design of his armour, and the healer's being part of a relatively simple civilian outfit.
~ Current Decks I'm Playing or Building ~ (Click a deck's name to see list) [] CorpseJunk Menace/Township Counters (Standard) [] Reanimation/Clerics Theme Deck - Commander: Ghost Dad [] Devouring Tokens (Planechase, Multiplayer) [] Krark-Clan Ironworks: 2012 Edition (Modern) [] Azorious Turbo Fog (Modern)
I still think that the new Ajani art represents Ajani after getting kicked in the nuts.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
Dude's blind in one eye, man.
Ring of Thune does have nice art, but it didn't bother anyone that nothing in it indicates "white-aligned"?

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

Ring of Thune does have nice art, but it didn't bother anyone that nothing in it indicates "white-aligned"?

Nothing white aligned? Ignoring why, the ring is sitting on a plateau overlooking a vast plains. Feels pretty white to me.

In regard to the rings in general, I find it fascinating that Wizards has, flavorfully, kept Shandalar alive. It appeared in an old computer game and as far as I know hasn't been relevant since.

Nothing white aligned? Ignoring why, the ring is sitting on a plateau overlooking a vast plains. Feels pretty white to me.

The mountains are more noticeable than the plains. And the gem in the ring is Red, as well as the fringe...

And compare to the other four. The Blue ring has a sort of watery-looking gemstone; the Black ring has a skeletal band; the Red ring is on fire; the Green ring has a vine motif. The White ring would probably be better if we had a top-down view (looks like it's meant to look like a sun, but that's hard to notice from the side-view), but at a glance it looks like it should be Red's ring.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)
And compare to the other four. The Blue ring has a sort of watery-looking gemstone; the Black ring has a skeletal band; the Red ring is on fire; the Green ring has a vine motif. The White ring would probably be better if we had a top-down view (looks like it's meant to look like a sun, but that's hard to notice from the side-view), but at a glance it looks like it should be Red's ring.

Ah, I see where you're coming from. I don't know, the mountains just seem to highlight the wide open expanse below to me.
HOLY RtR PREVEIWS!!!!!!!!

I want that lich lord as a commander!

The ORIGINAL Niv Mizzet! epicness!!

Lame that its not the new Niv Mizzet.  Here have this old card his replacement will be along in a couple weeks
Yeah, I think it's kinda lame that only one of the guilds gets a new mythic. Although I'd probably feel differently if I hadn't acquired a copy of Niv Mizzet.
healer of the pride is a leopard =_= wtf wizards
now if only the rings didn't suck
I have to say I enjoy Conley Woods new style in presenting Daily Decks a lot. It was a really good idea to give the column to a competitive player who is also a good writer, so kudos for that!

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
That's the same deck that Gavin featured last week.  
Ok, new shot at the CotD Theme.

Show

Looks like the theme is a book. It starts with the Cover (Cloud Cover), then its the Contents page (Kessig Malcontents), and now we have the Introduction (Introductions Are in Order).

ςคгภย๒คк
¡ǝʌoɯ ǝɹnʇɐubıs

...now I want to know what the Gruul make of it (Fiery Conclusion)
M:tG Rules Advisor
About the PAX Prime news, might want to say which day the MTG Creative Panel is -- it's Sunday, 9/3.
Sign In to post comments