Ten Ya Improvements?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I got this deck from the Wizards article, but wanted to get opinions on how to improve it, as I don't really know what to do to adjust it to casual.  Basic idea is to stall/control into a Sorin Markov followed by Sorin's Vengeance.

Sig
Yes, I killed your BBEG with his own lair:
Setting: Tomb with a perilous bridge and cliff 100 feet above a lava pit. Mummy pops out of his sarcophagus, initiative: Felix, Half-Elf Artificer: Twin Strike with crossbow. Trump (ala Donald), Eladrin Warlord: Charges mummy with Opening Shove, pushing off the cliff. Mummy fails saving throw, and falls into pit. Sanshiro (ala Japanese "superhero" Segata), Minotaur Barbarian: Strength check to lift sarcophagus and carry to cliff. Free action, drop sarcophagus into square above mummy. Sarcophagus drops on mummy, shoving him further down into lava. Mummy: proceeds to make a series of horrible athletics checks to swim and climb cliff. Dies a horrible death with lava permeating every orifice. Entire Party: Watches on in delight, faces alit with the glow of lava and flaming undead.
Original CharOpper
I soap myself up, and turn up the hot water in the shower, so my sweat mixes with the soap, slickening my skin: +5 to grapple I use my own legs as a shield since only upper-body hits matter: +5 defense I use my teammates bodies to construct a vehicle for myself, and dual-wield their weapons because as long as I win, we all win: +10 attack, +10 defense I completely ignore the enemy, their attacks, the devastating damage they are dealing to me and my team, and strike directly for their base, completely obliterating them, their way of life, and any chance they had at survival as a species: WIN Ender: The Original CharOpper and Power Gamer.
I'd suggest cutting one of each Wellspring, Distress, and Curse of Death#s Hold for 4 Tumble Magnet. Always liked the style of control they provide (and a 1-of discard doesn't make too much sense, if you ask me. And the Curse is likly to collide with Sorin himself on your mana curve with your acceleration (4 mana -> solemn to 5, next turn landdrop -> 6)).
I think Distress is mainly to check their hand for any answers, like Mana Leak, before going in for the kill.
Sig
Yes, I killed your BBEG with his own lair:
Setting: Tomb with a perilous bridge and cliff 100 feet above a lava pit. Mummy pops out of his sarcophagus, initiative: Felix, Half-Elf Artificer: Twin Strike with crossbow. Trump (ala Donald), Eladrin Warlord: Charges mummy with Opening Shove, pushing off the cliff. Mummy fails saving throw, and falls into pit. Sanshiro (ala Japanese "superhero" Segata), Minotaur Barbarian: Strength check to lift sarcophagus and carry to cliff. Free action, drop sarcophagus into square above mummy. Sarcophagus drops on mummy, shoving him further down into lava. Mummy: proceeds to make a series of horrible athletics checks to swim and climb cliff. Dies a horrible death with lava permeating every orifice. Entire Party: Watches on in delight, faces alit with the glow of lava and flaming undead.
Original CharOpper
I soap myself up, and turn up the hot water in the shower, so my sweat mixes with the soap, slickening my skin: +5 to grapple I use my own legs as a shield since only upper-body hits matter: +5 defense I use my teammates bodies to construct a vehicle for myself, and dual-wield their weapons because as long as I win, we all win: +10 attack, +10 defense I completely ignore the enemy, their attacks, the devastating damage they are dealing to me and my team, and strike directly for their base, completely obliterating them, their way of life, and any chance they had at survival as a species: WIN Ender: The Original CharOpper and Power Gamer.
Here are the changes I would Suggest:

-2 Sphere of the Suns
+2 Barter in Blood or 2 Mutilate

While ramp is important for you, keeping the board clear is more so. You will still have 10 sources of ramp, and that should be sufficient. Mutilate is better than barter here, since you are in mono-black, but is a more expensive card.

-1 Distress
+1 Curse of Death's Hold

Curse of deaths hold wrecks opposing board states. Slows down your opponents while you set up your win-con.

-1 Black Sun's Zenith
-1 Mycosynth Wellspring
+2 Sign in Blood

4 of any zenith is overkill, since they shuffle back in. Mycosynth wellspring is expendable. Sign in blood digs faster than anything you have now, helping you get to your win-con.