Ten Ya Improvements?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I got this deck from the Wizards article, but wanted to get opinions on how to improve it, as I don't really know what to do to adjust it to casual.  Basic idea is to stall/control into a Sorin Markov followed by Sorin's Vengeance.

I'd suggest cutting one of each Wellspring, Distress, and Curse of Death#s Hold for 4 Tumble Magnet. Always liked the style of control they provide (and a 1-of discard doesn't make too much sense, if you ask me. And the Curse is likly to collide with Sorin himself on your mana curve with your acceleration (4 mana -> solemn to 5, next turn landdrop -> 6)).
I think Distress is mainly to check their hand for any answers, like Mana Leak, before going in for the kill.
Here are the changes I would Suggest:

-2 Sphere of the Suns
+2 Barter in Blood or 2 Mutilate

While ramp is important for you, keeping the board clear is more so. You will still have 10 sources of ramp, and that should be sufficient. Mutilate is better than barter here, since you are in mono-black, but is a more expensive card.

-1 Distress
+1 Curse of Death's Hold

Curse of deaths hold wrecks opposing board states. Slows down your opponents while you set up your win-con.

-1 Black Sun's Zenith
-1 Mycosynth Wellspring
+2 Sign in Blood

4 of any zenith is overkill, since they shuffle back in. Mycosynth wellspring is expendable. Sign in blood digs faster than anything you have now, helping you get to your win-con. 
Sign In to post comments