Is Lord of Atlantis considered to be a merfolk?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I run 4x 7th Edition, Lord of Atlantis in my deck however it says "Creature - Lord" rather than "Creature - Merfolk" 

I ask because my deck is based on giving all of my merfolk +1/+1 using other merfolk lords however if Lord of Atlantis is not considered a merfolk that kinda puts a damper on my strategy lol.

Does anyone know? 
Always go by the Gatherer text, not what's printed on the card. The Lord of Atlantis is Merfolk (according to Gatherer), so it's a Merfolk. Do note its ability only affects other Merfolk creatures, so it will not pump itself.

Wizards.Com Boards Net Rep

DCI Level 2 Judge

Questions don't have to make sense, but answers do.

Only Oracle matters, not what's on the card, so follow your own link.
Types: Creature — Merfolk

Yes.
Always go by the Gatherer text, not what's printed on the card. The Lord of Atlantis is Merfolk (according to Gatherer), so it's a Merfolk. Do note its ability only affects other Merfolk creatures, so it will not pump itself.

Oh no I understood it wouldn't pump itself but a friend of mine pointed that out so I wanted to be 100% sure. Thanks
Lords of Atlantis is a Facebook role-playing city building game developed by Game Insight and published by 6Waves Lolapps, whose previous credits including simulation hits Ravenwood Fair and Ravenskye City. If you don't know how to level up your guild in the The Lost Titans online, you can visit MMOWood which provides guides and FAQs about this game.

Lords of Atlantis is a Facebook role-playing city building game developed by Game Insight and published by 6Waves Lolapps, whose previous credits including simulation hits Ravenwood Fair and Ravenskye City.

You upped a four-months-old thread just to say it?

Lord of Atlantis is the name of a card in the Magic: the Gathering trading card game. The first printing of Lord of Atlantis is from 1993, older than Facebook (launched in 2004) and therefore older than any "Facebook game".

[<o>]