Reactionary, the Game - Episode 1: Attack of the Zomibes

287 posts / 0 new
Last post
I thought of an idea while I was at work, and decided to try and implement it. Yes that does mean we now have a THIRD RPG-like game, but I can promise that this one is different. How? This is a test. I want this to be very loose and casual. I guess I should explain the rules stuffs here.

Rules Stuffs:

Character Creation:

This is pretty basic. You pick something that moves, and can do stuff, that you want to play as. Then put it to a card. That becomes you (Windmills are out though, they move and do stuff, but I kind of want something with more zip in it's step). Some examples could be goat, minotaur, starfish... anything. However, this games becomes much easier the more "capable" you are in spell-slinging (but when has easier ever been more fun, am I right?). Anyways, once you design a character submit it.

Once we move away from round 1, you are who you are. You can only cast spells of the color(s) of your character, unless otherwise noted (read on). So pick your color or colors carefully. This follows the "General" rule with EDH. For example... you could be an artifact - golem or something, and have firebreathing. Then you can create red spells. Or you could be, Grimgrin, and be able to cast blue and black spells etc...

My Role:

I am the "Host", I will play a primary role in this "adventure"(in this case it's really just a one-night stand, but again this is just a test). In this scenario, I will be the Barkeep, you'll find out later how this ties in with the story (Hmmm... I wonder?). Anyways, I tell the story and am indeed one of the characters in the story as well and can be interacted with, just like all of you (read on).

My primary is to provide you with situations, in which you respond. However, you have to respond in character (the character you choose). The response can be anything in card form or questions or a simple pass. Once that "round" is over, the story progresses.

Your Role:

You respond to the situation at hand. It's pretty simple. You can also choose to respond by not responding (if you want). The only rule of thumb to follow, is you have to stay in character. So if you're a goat, and some person starts handing out free ale, you're probably not going to respond, however the town drunk would probably steal it etc...

Now, the tricky part... you are all in this together. (Unlike magicpablo666's version) You're actions can, and probably will, affect others around you. So you should think carefully before you act. Also, I want to see how this works as a first come first serve basis. For example: I post a situation where a robber comes in and starts stealing from a store (with you guys being shoppers). The first person reacts and other people can react to how that person reacts (or do something completely different). So, in short, pay attention to what other people are doing as you post your responses (or lack thereof).

Also, feel free to copy other people. Like if someone is doing something that you feel is good, do something similar (in character) or even say, "copy" that spell (with a version of reverberate or something). Again, this is not only about designs, but about interaction. Feel free to make enemies and allies and such. However, try to keep actions "legal". If you kill someone, other people will take you out (obviously) so it will usually ruin the game for both of those people. Just be considerate and understand this: People should be in character at all times. These characters should have goals, preferences and everything. For example if there's a zombie sitting next to a human... well it probably won't end well (depending). For right now, I'm going to leave the rules lax and then tighten them as need be, but just be considerate to others' fun-levels.

Finally, your main goal is to survive. There will be deaths (I'm afraid), depending on your actions, or the storyline. Whichever, it is inevitable.

Miscellaneous Rules:

Each round I post a situation and a mana restriction. The mana restriction usually increases by 1 type of mana each round, but it can vary of what type of mana it is. There are 3 types of mana in this game: Colorless mana, Your-color mana, Any-color mana. Colorless mana cannot be used to pay for any colored costs in your responses. Your-color mana can be used to pay for colored costs in your responses. This can be mana of any color of your character. Any-color mana is the only way you can create "off-color" cards for your character.
How it works is your "mana" builds over time, so as the rounds progress you have access to more and more mana. NOTE: This means your responses have to be equal to or less than the amount of mana you have available to you.

I randomly determine what type of mana is added to your pool each round (YAY DICE!!!).

Create nonbroken cards please. However, should the occasion arise where there is a card that I feel is broken in any way, I will judge it on a scale of 0 to 9 (non-broken cards are scaled at 10). Cards with higher percentages have a better chance at succeeding. I call this the miracle rule. For example: You make a card that deals 5 damage for :Rm: with no drawback... that'll probably get a rating of like a 4 or something, and if I roll my dice and find that it fails, then you've "wasted" your turn. If it succeeds then it succeeds, not much more to say. Just try to be fair with what you have.

No killing, preferably: This is a preference, but it can ruin the game for other people. I am keeping it an option for now, but if it becomes a problem I'll probably banish killing altogether.

Improvise: Feel free to build off each other. Respond to each other. For example if someone does something irrationally, let other people talk to them, and see if they can work it out. If that person still wants to do something irrational (make a counterspell). Again, this game really works best if you interact with each other. Also, some rounds will be solely for interaction. I don't know if this will work or not, but in this scenario there will be one such round to see how it goes. If these are a flop I will remove them.

Publicity: Try to keep information public. If you have a question ask me... I'm the barkeep. I make the rules around here. If there is something that you wish to be kept private then PM me. I'll make note of it and or respond. Keep in mind... there might be hidden information that I won't outright tell you, and you'll have to do some detective work to get it out. I'll have some of this in this test to see how that works out in the game. I'm trying to think about a good scenario, but I can't right now without spoiling my idea for it in this situation. We'll play it by ear. But some examples would be the way people are positioned, the "abilities" of your race or stuff like that. Also, if you want to get more information, post a message here about your specific question. I'll PM you the result of your inquiry (it is YOUR inquiry after all), what you do with that information is completely up to you.

HERE WE GO! An example:

I say, you are walking along the road, and you come across a body... what do you do?

PERSON 1: Is it alive or dead?
ME: (publicly) You can't tell, but it's not moving.
PERSON 1: Is there sign of a struggle?
ME: (privately) You look around and find a dozen or so footprints leading away from the trail. You see no blood.
etc...

Looking back on this it might become to RPG-ey and less designing,  but I'm willing to give it a shot. If it tends to be more roleplaying, I will probably tone it down to more card making. However, my key point throughout this game is interaction.

Enemy Spellcasting: Enemies (and NPC's) can cast spells and/or have effects too. I won't outright say what the spell does, but I will describe it and it's current effects as you all (and you the victim, privately) would experience them. For example:
A shaman stops you and asks you questions. You answer one incorrectly and he points his finger at you.
Lightning erupts from his fingertips, and pierces your heart. The smell of burning hair is rather maddening.
This could be Lightning Bolt, Shock, Lightning Helix, Blightning etc... you won't specifically know. But you will (almost) always know the difference between good and bad spells.
That players' private PM could be, You feel intense pain as the electricity surges through your heart. Your brain begins to rattle and you slowly fall unconscious (that is presuming this character survives). This begins to have more of a Blightning feel, but again, it might be, it might not be...

Ending: The game ends when the storyline is finished, all of the contestants die, or the crisis is somehow averted prematurely. Then give me some time to create another situation for you guys to get involved in. This one will be short, for me to get a hang of things and rulings and such, but they can become longer and/or as long as people are invested in it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Seeing as this technically isn't a contest... I won'd post any grades! I will post comments... however I'll do that at the end of the adventure. I want to keep the continuity up above all, and if this doesn't work out then I will change it to a round by round judging, but again this is just a test.
OTHER NOTE: Keep in mind that this means I'll be SWAMPED after the adventure closes. I'll try to keep udpates as often as possible, so please be considerate of that too.

Latecomers:

Fear not! If you miss the opening round of this story, you can still participate, but you'll only be accepted into the story from that point on. You don't have to design cards from previous rounds... you weren't there... it makes flavorful sense. But I mean, if round two ends with a building blowing up, it makes sense for some people to go and investigate... so join at anytime! For those who die... feel free to rejoin as something else. In the next round.

For now, make your character. It can be anything you want, except it must be an animate object. You can be anything you can think of...
This round ends in 24 hours. Let's give it a go and see how it turns out.

EDIT: This is obviously based on magicpablo666's contest game, and now Aviv_Ds_Knight has one too. Hopefully this one gets some love...
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
I swear Iwon't be copying you. Mine is all players together to.

EDIT:

Midnight Snowfall Brawler | :Snow::Snow::RBM::RM:
Snow Creature - Human Insomniac Warrior
Insomnia :BRM::Rm: (When ~ taps or blocks pay :BRM::Rm: or sacrifice ~.), First Strike.
When this card comes into play, you can choose it to have this effect: When this card attacks, you do not have to pay its Insomnia cost. If you would not block an attack, you must block it with this card.
:TAP:, : Target creature becomes unblockable until the end of the turn.
4/1
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
My People Tallies
MagicPablo666: 1 ChaosLight: 1
Altimis, I just started grading mine. I was reading your story. . .

It was. . . entertaining.

First Attempt
Show

Volatile Gump
Creature - Mutant Rogue
: Volatile Gump gets +0/+1 until end of turn.
: Untap Volatile Gump.
: Sacrifice Volatile Gump, then return it to your hand.
: Regenerate Volatile Gump.

1/1

Gobslotch ()()
Creature - Mutant Rogue
()(): Change the target of target spell or ability to Gobslotch.
If a spell or ability would target Gobslotch, it targets another creature at random instead.

"Some go the short way. Some go the long way. I go the way with the prettiest flowers."

1/1

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Palavel, Machinist Adept
Creature - Human Artificer
, : Put a 2/2 colorless construct creature token onto the battlefield.
Sacrifice 5 constructs: Search your library for an artifact and put it onto the battlefield.
In the back alley of an old city you will hear the distinctly modern sound of enchanted machinery grinding.
1/3
OMG I just realized you said we're being attacked by zomibes!
Are they the multitude zombie thingies?
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
OMG I just realized you said we're being attacked by zomibes!
Are they the multitude zombie thingies?

I didn't say anything... Right now, you're just designing your character, and you have a title to work with, and you know something's going to happen. I guess we'll figure out what zomibes are after all!
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Magus of Chaos -
Creature - Human Wizard 
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may cast a spell at random. If it is a permanent card, exile it at end of turn. If it is a creature card, it gains haste. (The spell can be any legal spell card in Magic: the Gathering)
3/3   
i wanna be this dude

Rannon, Vithian Holdout
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
, : Choose new targets for target instant or sorcery spell.
, : Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
2/4
Seasoned Farmer
Creature - Human (R)
Sacrifice an Aurochs, Bird, Boar, Egg, Goat or Ox creature: Gain three life and put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
1/1
"As each season comes and goes, I fill another family's bellies.
Loose and casual he says

The Poor Guard Who Is Always There At The Wrong Time -
Creature - Human Soldier
~ blocks if able.
If a spell and ability you do not control does not target ~, change the target of that spell or ability to ~.
Why does this ALWAYS happen to me?
1/2

Guard Captain -
Creature - Human Soldier
Vigilance
Whenever a creature attacks you, creatures you control gets +0/+1 and gains first strike until end of turn.
"I stand vigilant."
2/2 
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
This looks awesome. Really looking forward to this.

Doktor Prime

Legendary Creature - Human Cleric

: Prevent all damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn.
: Target creature is indestructible until end of turn.

"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver."
Mahatma Gandhi

1/2

Cheers, vlord.
Mindchawer | | Creature - Rat | Uncommon | 1/1
When ~ enters the battlefield, target opponent may have ~ deal 2 damage to them.
If that player does, you gain 2 life. Otherwise, that player discards a card at random.
Aquamancer
Creature - Turtle Wizard
: Counter target spell. Its contoller may put cards equal to that spells casting cost from his library into his graveyard to ignore this ability.
1/4

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
I'm entering as a card I'we had for a while, but never had a use for, until now.

Everdying Spirit 
Creature - Spirit
Undying
: Remove a +1/+1 counter from Everdying Spirit.
Many have vowed to die a thousand deaths for their country. Few have had the opportunity.
-1/0
Won a TPmanW contest with Demonic Arbitrator. (see below) My username is a simple continued fraction. Look it up. My favorite cards I've made:
Show
Æther Rider Creatuere - Spirit (U) Vanishing 0 (This permanent enters the battlefield with zero time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) Flying : Put a time counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability. It comes on the wind, from realms unknown. 2/2 Kaldurian Behemoth Creature - Beast (R) Mana produced by lands may not be used to pay ~'s mana cost. Trample On Kalduria, the beasts are too good to eat common grass. 10/10 Demonic Arbitrator Sorcery Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. If any player paid life, repeat this process. If a player paid more life in total than any other, that player searches his or her library for a card and puts that card into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library. "Your sacrifice has been judged worthy. What power do you require?"
Monk of Trest

Creature -- Human monk

Whenever you distribute any number of +1/+1 counters, put a +1/+1 counter on ~. This does not count towards the number of +1/+1 counters you are distributing.

2/2 
Pyre, Flame-Kin Parcher  
Legendary Creature - Elemental Shaman
Protection from blue.
Spells targeting red instants and sorceries you control cost more to cast.
"Do you find it hard to mumble your spells with such a dry throat?"  Pyre, Flame-Kin Parcher
3/2

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Venerated Crow of Unrelenting Storms

Creature – Bird (M)
1/2

Flying

Its wings, the sky; its cry, the thunder; its wrath, the tempest.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Venerated Crow of Unrelenting Storms

Creature – Bird (M)
1/2

Flying

Its wings, the sky; its cry, the thunder; its wrath, the tempest.

R&D says: 10/10, best new mythic.
MTG player base says: Blue gets all the good cards. It's broken! Ban it! 
R&D responds:
Serene Spider | | Creature - Spider | Mythic | 2/1
Reach
Riddlemage Apprentice
Creature - Human Wizard
,: Reveal the top two cards of your library. An opponent secretly puts them back in any order. Name a card, then reveal the top card of your library. If it is the named card, put it into your hand.
1/1
Twin Fists of Justice
Creature-Human Soldier

First strike
Creatures you control with first strike have double strike.
2/3
Hauntling 
Creature - Spirit
Flying
: Regenerate Hauntling
2/2
I suppose this gives me the chance to try and develop a decent character for school start.

Ofus, the Recluse
Creature - Kithkin Scout
Wallwalk
Creatures blocking ~ get -1/-1.
2/1

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

This was a tough choice for me. I needed to pick a charcter that represented me, but wasn't too broken. How am I supposed to do that when I am so fabulously perfect?

So I closed my eyes, imagining what I would do in a zombie apocalypse. One glourious, handsome, muscular man versus a hundred thousand zombies? How could I possiably win?

And then it came clear to me. I visioned the card, in my head, as is. Nothing about it has been changed.

Tommy the Chainsawman -
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior
Haste, double strike, deathtouch
Whenever Tommy the Chainsawman attacks, choose a creature type. All creatures that defending player controls of chosen type block Tommy this turn if able.
Standing on the corpses of his loved ones, he knew he did not have time to cry. The fate of the world depended on him.
3/3   

Actually, they're Zomibes.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Ravenous Hippopotamous
Creature - Hippo

Devour 1

~ may devour artifacts, enchantments and lands as well as creatures.

2/2

It wasn't sure where it was, or what it was doing, just that it was very, very hungry. 
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Actually, they're Zomibes.

how embarrassing for him!
Prophet of Firey Doom |
Creature - Human Shaman
Haste
, Discard a card: Draw a card.
Definately a shrew guys.
2/2
Life-Weaver Apprentice 
Creature - Human Druid
When ~ enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 green Squirrel creature token onto the battlefield.
1/1 
[You can still join for another 2 hours... I will just begin the prelude... there isn't any proper situation yet... again you'll have to wait for just over an hour]

All right, I'm very excited for this moment. I so very glad for all of you to come join with me, in this grand opening of my tavern. As much as you're here for the free rounds of ale, I'm sure you'll all find some sense of comraderie, here at Steamflogger's.

I know it is a cold winter night, and again, I'm glad to welcome you all to the grand opening. I must insist on proper timing. You, my guests, have been given specific instructions, and who am I to break my own rules? Now, that we're all here, except for maybe a few stragglers I'll explain some ground rules. I want you all to hang up your coats in the closet, I want feet off the tables, and please, by the beard of Great Halbeter, no fighting! I want to keep Steamflogger's open as long as possible, and that can only be done with a steady income, and a healthy appetite.

Hey, what's that?

[Explosions in the distance]

Haha! The Firestroms did it! I knew they would celebrate this great day for us all! Momentarily now, when the very last minute of midnight strikes, the preparations shall be complete. Now, line up single file please. We don't want to break anything on the way in.

One final time, I would welcome you all to Steamflogger's. Long live the establishment!
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Servant of the Inferno
Creature-Devil
, Servant of the Inferno deals 2 damage to target creature.
1/2
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20796.jpg)
Welcome to Steamflogger's! The home of the best brewery around!

Step on in, shake the chill of the winter off your shoulders. Sit down, enjoy the free ale. It's free until the sun rises. I'm glad to see you all hearty folks in my Steamflogger's. What can I get you sir? And you? Aha! Coming up! Everyone come in, come in! Don't be shy, along with free ale we have games, we have festivities and for you folks out there who are tired, we have rooms too!

We have everything here at Steamflogger's, nothing is too odd, no task to great, no food too well, yes actually there is a lot of food I won't serve my customers, but that's just about it! Sit down, get comfy, and enjoy the ride my valued guests! Here's hoping to a long night!

[An hour or two pass...]

Yes, that is a fascinating show, milord. I always thought that European swallows were strong enough to fly with a coconut. My mind is blown! Fantastic, just fantastic, magical even! Yes? You'd like another Brimstone Volley? No, just the recipe? I can't divulge that my friend, I need the business, you need the drink. I feel like we have ourselves a win/win situation.

Everyone, I jsut want to say thank you for your donations, to those who donated of course. To those who didn't donate, no worries, this was all free anyways! Haha! No really, don't feel obligated to donate. Really, I don't need the money, yet. But it's always nice to know that I'm truly welcome among all of you. We still have a few hours to kill before we start to see the light of day, I'm glad to see that all of you are still here and lively. I have enjoyed many of you...

[Pounding is heard on the door. Faint at first, but more ravenous as time passes. Moaning can be heard faintly, especially as the festivities come to a halt. The pounding and the moaning grow over seconds.]

What the...

[Finally, the door gives way. The chill of the winter ruining the warmth of the ale. A foul stench permeates throughout the entire tavern. Throughout the whistling snow a blacken figure shambles in frightening the guests closer to the door.]

Maybe 'long night' wasn't quite the right way to word the toast?

Round stipulations:

+++You each have 1 mana of any of your colors. Available to you.
=====xxxxx=====
The following people are just out of arm's reach of this thing:
+++FZero's - Servant of the Inferno
+++Mown's - Ofus, the Recluse
+++Fenix.'s - Aquamancer
+++TheSuperbloop's - Magus of Chaos
=====xxxxx=====
The following people are furthest away from this thing:
+++altimis' - Witty Barkeep
+++DaytimeLantern's - Seasoned Farmer
=====xxxxx=====
You have 24 hours to reply (NOTE: Game time this is practically seconds)
Rules Clarification:

I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but you cannot share mana with other people. Just like in a game of Magic (You might be able to steal it however [scandal]).

***What do you do?***
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
So. . . does that mean that my mutant is in arms' reach?

139359831 wrote:
So. . . does that mean that my mutant is in arms' reach?

No, sorry. Everyone else (not listed) is just an "average" (if that's the right word) distance away. My posting specific people just means that they are not an "average" distance away. For example, if this thing were to start killing people, the four listed would "probably" be it's first victims. The other two listed, would "probably" be the last (if it wasn't destroyed by then).

EDIT: Probably is in quotes to symbolize exceptions. There are ALWAYS exceptions.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Added a rule: Not that it applies, yet. But it deals with how you can interact with NPC's, and how they can interact with you (Also, I updated the rules with more correct spelling asn some other minor corrections as well.
Enemy Spellcasting:

Enemy Spellcasting: Enemies (and NPC's) can cast spells and/or have effects too. I won't outright say what the spell does, but I will describe it and it's current effects as you all (and you the victim, privately) would experience them. For example:
A shaman stops you and asks you questions. You answer one incorrectly and he points his finger at you.
Lightning erupts from his fingertips, and pierces your heart. The smell of burning hair is rather maddening.
This could be Lightning Bolt, Shock, Lightning Helix, Blightning etc... you won't specifically know. But you will (almost) always know the difference between good and bad spells.
That players' private PM could be, You feel intense pain as the electricity surges through your heart. Your brain begins to rattle and you slowly fall unconscious (that is presuming this character survives). This begins to have more of a Blightning feel, but again, it might be, it might not be...
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
"What is that thing?" I mutter, drunkenly. Considering my options, I decide to examine this thing a little more closely. I cast:

Closer Look
()
Instant
Look at target player's hand, then draw a card.
Then you deal two damage to target creature you control. If you do, Closer Look gains rebound.

"I'm going to need you to hold some of this equipment - just, be careful because these tools aren't exactly safe."

Am I doing this right, Alti?

139359831 wrote:
I zap it!
My Philosophies
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
"What is that thing?" I mutter, drunkenly. Considering my options, I decide to examine this thing a little more closely. I cast:

Closer Look
()
Instant
Look at target player's hand, then draw a card.
Then you deal two damage to target creature you control. If you do, Closer Look gains rebound.

"I'm going to need you to hold some of this equipment - just, be careful because these tools aren't exactly safe."

Am I doing this right, Alti?

You know as much as I do right now... For gathering infromation you don't have to specifically cast a spell (unless of course you want to). You could simply ask, and I might or might not share that information with you (it depends on the situation). This way you can gather ideas and cast more direct and/or accurate spells (or just have more accurate responses if it isn't a spell.)

I guess there are 3 actions you can do (essentially):
1) Act - By Act I mean pause, observe, gather information before finalizing your decision.
2) React - Cast your spell in reaction to what is happening.
3) Pass -  Hold off. If someone else is dying (as horrible as it sounds), at least it's not you. Plus, you might need to conserve your mana for a later response.

They all have pros and cons. In some situations reactions can be harmful, in other situations actions can be harmful. An example:
For instance, say this thing begins eating the nearest person... in this case a reaction would be necessary otherwise that person would obviously die.
However, you're in a hostage situation, and there is a firefight going on. Someone comes out of the building in a mask. In this case a reaction could be positive or negative (Think 'The Dark Knight' when the hostages are actually dressed like the culprits.) You could accidentally kill an innocent person. you could get a cheap shot at someone who is trying to kill you; you don't know (But I do, heheh).

I hope this helps!
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I zap it!

In this case Aviv_Ds_Knight: Design a card. Even if it is a Lightning Bolt with a different name, without having a design factor, this just becomes an RPG. Which, though fun, I want to avoid. I do want a large focus to be around designing cards.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Okay, well, I'll stick with this spell for now, I guess. If that's acceptable.

I also want to tell Aviv not to fire Bolts at random strangers who enter taverns.

139359831 wrote:
As a note: This 24 hour round represents proably less than a minute in game time. At the end of this round I'll gather together what everyone has posted and try to best sum it up. Think of it (very loosely) as voting what happens next If you don't like what someone is doing, counteract them. I take what people do and continue the story. What I'm trying to say is that if someone Bolts something what they really mean to say is, they "plan" to bolt something. They don't actually do it yet, which allows for other people to react to it. If that makes any sense?
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
But I like randomly killing strangers!

Fists of Fury |
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+0 and haste. If the equipped creature does not have summoning sickness, unequip ~.
Equip :rM:

I Plan to put on my flaming brass knuckles (jk), walk forward, and smash that guy's face in!
My Philosophies
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies