Need Diplomacy & charm Items help

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi, I am a Cleric multiclassed in Bard and want to boost my diplomacy skill rating/charm abilities with magic items.

Anyone have a list?

Choker of Eloquence
Cli Lyre
Eyes of Charming  
Gem of Colloquy

take a look at the Exceptional Factotum Helm, Then look at the feat bard of all trades. That should give you a really good start.
I do have Bard of all trades feat. It is great. And I am trained in Diplomacy.

I want to try to focus on + to diplomacy to get it up higher. Or + to Charisma but I haven't seen any ability boosting in 4e.

Use your background to boost those skills as well.  And maybe a theme that provides a bonus too, if you're really investing in it.

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
Gloomwrought Emissary would be the theme to go for, and there's numerous backgrounds to help you.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Once you get an item bonus to diplomacy from one item, there is not a whole lot else you can do. I like Choker of Eloquence as it gives you a daily reroll, which is quite valuable.

I'd look at other tools beside magic items. Befriend skill power gives you a good temporary boost. As mentioned, background and themes can get you to where you're auto-succeeding moderate DC rolls anyway.
Ah, so you cannot get multiple bonuses to the same stat from magic items even if the items are in different slots?
You can only have 1 item bonus applied at the same time, the largest possible bonus will take precedence.  So if you have a neck item that gives an item bonus, and a headworn item that gives an untyped bonus, you would get both.

Then you could add on a feat bonus, a power bonus, a racial bonus, etc. 

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
Ah, so you cannot get multiple bonuses to the same stat from magic items even if the items are in different slots?

Sort of... If it's an item bonus, it doesn't stack with other item bonuses. But some magic items may give a power bonus or an untyped bonus (though in the case of Diplomacy, I don't think there are any such magic items). To determine whether the bonus stacks or not, it's not the source that matters, it's the bonus type. Same type bonuses don't stack.