The Bear-Ogre, A grotesque NPC Villian

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Many, many moons ago, I created a unique villian for d & d, I Decided to give him a grotesque back-story (Born to a solitary ogress who practiced witchcraft and bizarre couplings with bears) liberal aplications of the tauric template (from savage species) Unfortunately the book in which this bizarre and horrible hybrid creature, named Urgor was lost, forgotton by history. However that lost notbook was recently exhumed, and Urgor the horrible bear orge was reborn, Given a new status block and new Illustration and ready to commit horrible acts yet again

Urgor the Bear-Ogre 'Tauric Hybrid of Bear and ogre (unique Creature) Ogre Barbarian 3 +Tauric Hybrid from Savage Species

CR 6 CE Large Monstrous Humanoid

Init +0 (+0 dex); Senses Perception +6

DEFENSE

AC 18 FF 18 Touch 9 (-1 size, +9 natural)

HP: 111 (HD 8d8+3d12+61) 

Fort +10 Ref +5 Will +1

OFFENSE

Speed 50ft (10 squares)

Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.

Attack: Greatclub (+8 2d8+7) or Sling (large) (+5 1d6 + 7)

Full Attack: Greatclub (+8 2d8+7) Claw (+4 1d4+7 + Grab) Bite (+4 1d4+7)

Special Attacks Grab

STATISTICS

Str 25(+7), Dex 11(+0), Con 18(+4), Int 8(-1), Wis 8(-1), Cha 6(-2)

Base Atk +5; Grapple + 12 CMB +10; CMD 20

Feats: Toughness, Weapon Focus(Greatclub), Endurance, Diehard

Skills: Acrobatics +4 , Climb +11 , Craft(Armorsmithing) +3 , Craft(All Others) +2 , Handle Animal +2 , Intimidate +2 , Perception +3 , Ride +4 , Survival +3 , Swim +11 , Skill Points 12 Racial Bonuses

Languages: Common, Giant

ECOLOGY Environment: Temperate Hills Treasure: Standard

SPECIAL ABILITIES Darkvision(Ex): 60ft

Fast movement(Ex): Urgor's land speed is faster than the norm for his race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying the barbarian's speed because of any load carried or armor worn.

RAGE (EX) Urgor can fly into a rage once a day. In a rage, he temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class. The increase in Constitution increases the barbarian's hit points by 2 points per level, but these hit points go away at the end of the rage when his Constitution score drops back to normal. (These extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are.) While raging, a barbarian cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. He can use any feat he has except Combat Expertise, item creation feats, and metamagic feats. A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character's (newly improved) Constitution modifier. A barbarian may prematurely end his rage. At the end of the rage, the barbarian loses the rage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued (-2 penalty to Strength, -2 penalty to Dexterity, can't charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter

Grab (Ex) If Urgor hit's with his claw attack; he can attempt to envelop his enemy in a crushing bear-hug. This does not provoke an attack of opportunity and does 1d8 +7 damage per round until they break free, (with an opposed grapple check) die or Urgor is killed

Ogres make good power slingers , would urgor benefit from a sling to hunt with ?

I will immediately report any Phishers or Lonely Hearts Scam Artists.

Tauric also became a template in one of the MMs. MM2, IIRC.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Ogres make good power slingers , would urgor benefit from a sling to hunt with ?

Yes, I think that is a good Idea as it woud benifit from his high strength, added it
Am I confused or do Large sling bullets do 1D6 ? Also might want to add a Large size dagger as an all purpose tool. As a quadroped how much of a load can Urgor carry, can he pull a loaded cart ? Would Urgor benefit from an evil , small sidekick like a Kobold or Goblin?

Now, when Hobgoblins adopt an Ogre they probably "Hobgolinize" it. The Hide armor is replaced with an Chainmail shirt which makes the ogre smell better and allows him to move faster. The ogre is also given a large longsword and a heavy steel shield. Now if Urgor was given these benefits He'd get +2 from shield, +4 from shirt and a roughly 10 % cut in offensive capability? If Urgor was given a long spear to charge with and had the Run feat he'd move 200 feet and have a 25 foot reach? Would a hobgoblin warchief figure all this out in order to hire Urgor as a mercenary?

I'd be curious to see if Urgor was Anthrophagic like an Ogre or more of a meat loving Omnivore like a bear. (not so curious as to volunteer my tender flesh , tho.)

Sign In to post comments